Northern FL Division 3 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears Div 3 football, is of least interest to a nos of people, the local radio station,only one calling of a game this season, the sun herald, often dont include div 3, the local paper, lucky to get a paragraph for whole of div 3, and where we play finals?

Yes I agree, real disappointment that D3 seems to have been totally ignored by PV FM and the NFL itself this season, I thought as a Community Radio station they would cover he broad spectrum of the League, how can these D3 clubs get exposure if all we hear from PVFM is D1, i think Northcote Park have been broadcast 5 times this season?.Would love to have heard St Mary's on the radio, a Club who I believe will be in D1 by the end of this decade.

Yes I agree, real disappointment that D3 seems to have been totally ignored by PV FM and the NFL itself this season, I thought as a Community Radio station they would cover he broad spectrum of the League, how can these D3 clubs get exposure if all we hear from PVFM is D1, i think Northcote Park have been broadcast 5 times this season?.Would love to have heard St Mary's on the radio, a Club who I believe will be in D1 by the end of this decade.

We (Macleod) have also only been called once this year. There is certainly a bias towards calling the higher divisions and concur that there needs to be a broader sprectrum for equalisation.

Well, maybe the clubs in Division 3 would get more respect if they did all the right things - like getting their scores into the system on time.

Even now, six days after a game has been completed, there is still no score listed for last week's Heidelberg West vs Parkside game in the seniors.

Anyone from either club able to list the final score ?

While the top three are all finals bound, only the Lions know where they'll be playing in a couple of weeks with this week and next week throwing up some intriguing matches.

Reservoir vs. Panton Hill
A virtual Elimination Final with the winner all but assured of a finals spot. Both have been inconsistent thru the season although the Redbacks can point to their long injury list as a major reason. The Mustangs didn't look great last week but with more injuries at the Redbacks may be able to get across the line.

South Morang vs. Heidelberg West
Can't see the Hawks troubling the premiership favourites in the Lions here.

Parkside vs. Watsonia
With the Devils still very much in the race for the double chance, they won't have any mercy on a Saints team that has struggled all season.

St Mary's - Bye
No doubt the Sainters will be eagerly watching results as they wait for next week's blockbuster match.

Well, maybe the clubs in Division 3 would get more respect if they did all the right things - like getting their scores into the system on time.

Even now, six days after a game has been completed, there is still no score listed for last week's Heidelberg West vs Parkside game in the seniors.

Anyone from either club able to list the final score ?

The scores were on the website but have been taken down as the game is under investigation. Parkside were up by 20 points when the game was called off by the umpires with 10 minutes to go.

The scores were on the website but have been taken down as the game is under investigation. Parkside were up by 20 points when the game was called off by the umpires with 10 minutes to go.

Thanks WestHawks for this explaination. So, what is the reason for the investigation and do you know the actual scores at the time ?

Was proud of our young side down at Pitcher Park today. Lost by 40 points but in the last quarter played some fantastic footy to outscore Parkside 6 goals to 2. Showed a bit of what they are capable of. :thumbsu:
Best wishes to young Stevie who was stretchered off with a knee hope the verdict is good

Seen West a few times know a few blokes there some very happy that Matt James is no longer coaching. Heard he didn't back his players in drove a few away made a few not interested. Against Watsonia I was there watching he yelled abuse at the umpire got a 50 meter penalty against resulted in a goal. 4 or 5 wins in as many years probably a good thing he retired. Bring someone good to the westies love to see them up and about again. Good luck in pre season. GO REZZA!!!!!!!!!!!

Seen West a few times know a few blokes there some very happy that Matt James is no longer coaching. Heard he didn't back his players in drove a few away made a few not interested. Against Watsonia I was there watching he yelled abuse at the umpire got a 50 meter penalty against resulted in a goal. 4 or 5 wins in as many years probably a good thing he retired. Bring someone good to the westies love to see them up and about again. Good luck in pre season. GO REZZA!!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously don't know Matty so I'll go easy on you....

Matty James is a quality bloke and I can assure you he brought more people into that club than what actually walked out the door.
He was given great service to West Heidelberg and has stuck by them through thick & thin.

If only he had the cattle with half the passion of Matty, West would have won a few more games.

Hey, at least West didn't shut up shop whilst they were losing, more than what we can say about Reservoir

Matty James is a quality bloke and I can assure you he brought more people into that club than what actually walked out the door.
He was given great service to West Heidelberg and has stuck by them through thick & thin.

If only he had the cattle with half the passion of Matty, West would have won a few more games.

Hey, at least West didn't shut up shop whilst they were losing, more than what we can say about Reservoir

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

spot on UB, he has given great service to the footy club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Train signals care to name the players??? or is it you who the CLUB are unhappy with?? going by your post you are nothing but a COWARD and yes he did give away a 50 thats because he DID back his players so shows how much you know or were you to busy tounging someones plums?? and btw matty played all young blokes this year and he and the players were and are 100% behind him, P.s rezza did not make the finals!!

Dead set TOOL you are signals. From an outsider looking in Matty has done plenty for West over the years. I sat down with Matty after last Saturday's game at Morang and shared a few ales & exchanged some ideas on how improvements can be made to our respective clubs. Matty has a great football brain & is a top bloke to share an ale with. He mentioned he was not coaching anymore but would financially back West in getting a 19's side up & running by supplying gear for the kids. Now thats giving back to community football if i've ever heard it. I wish every success to Matty in this venture as a more genuine bloke you will not meet.

Just in regards to Matty James:

Matt has been instrumental over the last 4 years in rebuilding the club. Week in week out he has backed every player that run out in a West jumper, be it the captain or the least skilful. For years he has came down to training rain, hail or shine with 40 blokes training or 6 and never stopped giving 100%.

Matt is also not leaving the club and will continue to support us as we strive to bring the club up from the bottom and he and his brother and nephew will be putting money and a lot of effort to get the under 19's up and running next year as well as the rest of the committee.

Thanks for all your effort over the last few years, a true Heidelberg West Champion.

Will be heading down to Whatmough Park on saturday to see what i think is "match of the round" St Mary's vs South Morang. It's going to be a big day for St Mary's playing their first ever senior match at Whatmough Park. Their will also be a ladies lunch on in the new rooms to raise money for BCNA. In addition to this the St Mary's senior team will be wearing a one off special commemorative jumper incorporating the pink theme of Breast Cancer Network of Australia, one of which will be signed by the club's captain for auction at the lunch.

Totally agree :thumbsu::thumbsu:

The last round and still penty of interest in two of the three matches:

Watsonia vs. Reservoir
Yes, the Mustangs season all but ended last week, but you never know. A 200-point win over the Saints and a heavy Redbacks loss could have everyone reaching for the calculators. Don't think all that will happen, but at least the Mustangs will end on a winning note.

Panton Hill vs. Parkside
Although both are finals bound, both have a reason to win, especially the Devils. The Redbacks returned to some early season form last week and should be able to keep that going this week, in what could be a prelude to next week's first semi final.

St Mary's vs. South Morang
On form one would think that this is a preview of the Grand Final as the Sainters have certainly stepped it up in recent weeks. The Lions have been cruising all season and even though emotions will be high amongst the home side, the visitors should come away with the win.

Heidelberg West - Bye
Unfortunately another disappointing season has come to an early end for the Hawks. Enjoy the summer.

Hi Gents, I hear Wise, Bennett & Ross are going to have a run this Saturday, as the Red Devils are going to through everything at the Lions.
Great to see Pete back for 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back