Northern FL Division 3 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and watched a quarter or 3 at Eltham College, were Turtles played Morang Lions, very good standard both sides moved the ball well, Hagg & Ward were good for the lions, I recon the Turtles won by a kick??
I hear South Morang are playing Kinglake next Saturday up the mountain and they will be playing 3 games U/19, Ressies & Seniors, I'll head up to have a look.
Have heard that the old moraners are up and about with lots of ins, might take a cut lunch and a compass and travel up the mountain to check them out

went down to see watsonia take on saint marys salesians, an amateur club from the glen iris area i believe. both reserves and senior teams won comfortably in the end. some new inclusions down at the sainters seemed to have really lit the place up. #11 was outstanding though the middle with booming clearances. did not catch his name.....

went down to see watsonia take on saint marys salesians, an amateur club from the glen iris area i believe. both reserves and senior teams won comfortably in the end. some new inclusions down at the sainters seemed to have really lit the place up. #11 was outstanding though the middle with booming clearances. did not catch his name.....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate, however Richmond Centrals won both games. St Mary's were fantastic though, a lot better than I thought they would be. Very quick team, got a lot of numbers to the ball and were hard to stop. They lead at quarter time and half time but we managed to over run them in the 2nd half which seemed to be down to a bit of fitness and won by about 5 goals...

Going by what I hear about St Mary's last year I think once they get their match fitness up a bit they'll be in for a lot of improvement this year!:thumbsu:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate, however Richmond Centrals won both games. St Mary's were fantastic though, a lot better than I thought they would be. Very quick team, got a lot of numbers to the ball and were hard to stop. They lead at quarter time and half time but we managed to over run them in the 2nd half which seemed to be down to a bit of fitness and won by about 5 goals...

Going by what I hear about St Mary's last year I think once they get their match fitness up a bit they'll be in for a lot of improvement this year!:thumbsu:
Norfolk, you have the wrong St Mary's the team you played on saturday are not St MArys Salesians. I was at your game on Saturday and thought the Burra might have got over the line, agree that fitness could improve, but I thought we didn't make the most of our opportunities up forward. If we had it would have been closer. It was a good game, played in great spirit and I think it will become a rgular preseason fixture. All the best to Richmond Central for the upcoming season.

Norfolk, you have the wrong St Mary's the team you played on saturday are not St MArys Salesians. I was at your game on Saturday and thought the Burra might have got over the line, agree that fitness could improve, but I thought we didn't make the most of our opportunities up forward. If we had it would have been closer. It was a good game, played in great spirit and I think it will become a rgular preseason fixture. All the best to Richmond Central for the upcoming season.

Ahh, my mistake then mate! 2 St Mary's in the one league, confusing stuff for a man of my intelligence! Was played in very good spirit and I'll be keeping an eye on your results, I dont know the strength of your league but I was impressed by your boys and reckon you'll definitely improve.

It was a good hit out for the boys yesterday and you are right about #11 he is a class player. There is still a lot of improvement needed but the signs are good and we are heading in the right direction. New coach has been excellent :)
Cant wait for R1 or should I say R2.

i knew some confusion would have been brought up.. i was sure to include the salesians part from glen iris for a reason

Really good to see watsonia get a good result on the board, ringwood will be a good standard of opponent though! WHat are the thourghts on the standard of Div 3 this year will it be a tight comp this season??

West had their first practice match on the weekend against Kinglake. Good to blow out the cobwebs and see how players are travelling. Really good signs from all the young boys who came for a run.

Although we didnt keep score, the reserves would have won by a couple of goals and seniors would have lost by around 30 odd...

Ladder Predictions guys as season grows very close:
1 Panton Hill
2 Watsonia
3 Reseviour
4 South Morang
5 Parkside
6 St Marys
7 Heidelberg West
WHat a great standard this year will be. it's just a rough prediction. But i think all sides will compete well with each other.

Ladder Predictions guys as season grows very close:
1 Panton Hill
2 Watsonia
3 Reseviour
4 South Morang
5 Parkside
6 St Marys
7 Heidelberg West
WHat a great standard this year will be. it's just a rough prediction. But i think all sides will compete well with each other.

I don't think the words "GREAT STANDARD" are appropriate for Division 3.
You must have meant "EVEN STANDARD".......

If Parkside can get their man, they should win it. They will certainly make top 4 with the current crop

I don't think the words "GREAT STANDARD" are appropriate for Division 3.
You must have meant "EVEN STANDARD".......

If Parkside can get their man, they should win it. They will certainly make top 4 with the current crop
Yes, i think you know what i mean by great standard (for a division 3 level)
icon10.gif
, yes parkside have been the side that has been hanging around the top 4 over the last few years.
I think South Morang will be a suprise packet, word is a few very handy pick ups aswell as some young very handy pplayers from U19s level.

Have heard that the old moraners are up and about with lots of ins, might take a cut lunch and a compass and travel up the mountain to check them out

GLENROY FC -STRONG EDFL DIV 2 Team have had a late pull out and are very keen for a Practise match this weekend. Contact Senior coach Brett Jefferies by sending me a PM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WATSONIA
Coach: Gavin Taylor (New)
Last year: 0-18 (2nd Division)
Ins: Cameron Bain (AFLQ), Luke Morrison, Paul Harvey, Michael Gibbard, Patten Brothers (WRFL), Chris Parr (SFL), Allan Young (VAFA)
Outs: Nathan Brundell, Kelley LeGassick (Panton Hill), Marc Ventura (Lalor), Matthew Calcutt (Epping), Michael Ryan (Lower Plenty), Paul Valvo (Golden River FL)
PARKSIDE
Coach: Peter Dean (New)
Last year: 10-5 (Runner Up)
Ins: Jayden Wendt, Jai Noble, Luke Naimo, Jess Williams (North Heidelberg) Thomas Hatzi (EDFL), Andrew Conlan (EFL), Neil Thompson (North Gippsland)
Outs: Justin Ross (Geelong)
RESERVOIR
Coach: Robert Docherty
Last year: 12-3 (Third)
Ins: Andrew Collins, Dylan Conford, Leigh McCann (West Preston) Dale Potter (Mernda) Chris Smith, Ben Mowlam (North Heidelberg)
Outs: Kent Beaumont (Northcote Park), Rob Bullock, Bruce Bullock (Mernda)
PANTON HILL
Coach: John Garrard
Last year: 12-4 (Fourth)
Ins: Tristan Kreymborg, Brock Kreymborg (Boronia), Brett Thorn (Heidelberg), Nathan Brundell (Watsonia), Dave Vangelli, Ryan Byrne (Epping), Shane Price (Macleod)
Outs: Shane Hodgson (Golden Rivers FL), Nathan Hendry (Lower Plenty).
HEIDELBERG WEST
Coach: Matt James
Last year: 12-4 (Fifth)
Ins: Richard Darmenia (WRFL), Ross Pownell (EFL), Shane Winkler (AFLC), Jamie Webb (Diamond Creek)
Outs: Bennett Osborne (Southern FL)
SOUTH MORANG
Coach: Gary Kallinikos (New) Rohan Doherty.
Last year: 2-14 (Sixth)
Ins: Shane Whitnall (Bundoora), Russell Elder, Troy Jinette, Travis Stevens (Whittlesea), Andrew Ellis (North Heidelberg), Luke Hagg, Kane Searle (Mernda),
Outs: Liam Collier (RDFL), Eamon Duggan (Greensborough)
St MARYS 2-14
Coach: Kim Irvine
Last year: 2-14 (Seventh)
Ins: Josh Cullen, Anthony Grgic, Kane Paterson, Matthew Patti, Matthew Sole (Epping), Shaun Zanotto (Macleod), Michael Camilleri (Greensborough)
Outs: ?

PHRedback; said:
WATSONIA
Coach: Gavin Taylor (New)
Last year: 0-18 (2nd Division)
Ins: Cameron Bain (AFLQ), Luke Morrison, Paul Harvey, Michael Gibbard, Patten Brothers (WRFL), Chris Parr (SFL), Allan Young (VAFA)
Outs: Nathan Brundell, Kelley LeGassick (Panton Hill), Marc Ventura (Lalor), Matthew Calcutt (Epping), Michael Ryan (Lower Plenty), Paul Valvo (Golden River FL)
PARKSIDE
Coach: Peter Dean (New)
Last year: 10-5 (Runner Up)
Ins: Jayden Wendt, Jai Noble, Luke Naimo, Jess Williams (North Heidelberg) Thomas Hatzi (EDFL), Andrew Conlan (EFL), Neil Thompson (North Gippsland)
Outs: Justin Ross (Geelong)
RESERVOIR
Coach: Robert Docherty
Last year: 12-3 (Third)
Ins: Andrew Collins, Dylan Conford, Leigh McCann (West Preston) Dale Potter (Mernda) Chris Smith, Ben Mowlam (North Heidelberg)
Outs: Kent Beaumont (Northcote Park), Rob Bullock, Bruce Bullock (Mernda)
PANTON HILL
Coach: John Garrard
Last year: 12-4 (Fourth)
Ins: Tristan Kreymborg, Brock Kreymborg (Boronia), Brett Thorn (Heidelberg), Nathan Brundell, Kelley LeGassick (Watsonia), Dave Vangelli, Ryan Byrne (Epping), Shane Price (Macleod)
Outs: Shane Hodgson (Golden Rivers FL), Nathan Hendry (Lower Plenty).
HEIDELBERG WEST
Coach: Matt James
Last year: 4-12 (Fifth)
Ins: Richard Darmenia (WRFL), Ross Pownell (EFL), Shane Winkler (AFLC), Jamie Webb (Diamond Creek)
Outs: Bennett Osborne (Southern FL)
SOUTH MORANG
Coach: Gary Kallinikos (New) Rohan Doherty.
Last year: 2-14 (Sixth)
Ins: Shane Whitnall (Bundoora), Russell Elder, Troy Jinette, Travis Stevens (Whittlesea), Luke Hagg, Kane Searle (Mernda)
Outs: Liam Collier (RDFL), Eamon Duggan (Greensborough)
St MARYS
Coach: Kim Irvine
Last year: 2-14 (Seventh)
Ins: Josh Cullen, Anthony Grgic, Kane Paterson, Matthew Patti, Matthew Sole (Epping), Shaun Zanotto (Macleod), Michael Camilleri (Greensborough)
Outs: ?

Just a little bit of a preview for 2011.

Info is based on websites, so Please advise if any more out's/retirements i've missed, or any info that's incorrect and I'll update for your team. Also if any good inclusions I've missed or any of these that won't play seniors for that matter?

Good luck to all for the season ahead.

Dont forget his son, one of the all time great backmen J.Legassick ;)

One that you may not have heard is that Aiden Young has left Heidelberg West to play closer to home in the SFL. Best of luck to him!

Mite b a long season ahead for the Hawks without Young an Osborne...have they gone to the same club in the SFL? if so that club would be rapt!!

Hey COAK, see Morang have a lot of late clearance in would you know if they are seniors, bloody lot if they are.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back