Northern FL Division 3 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 80 odd on the track tonight which included about 6 of the blokes who left Mernda to play at Violet Town. Best the numbers have been in years at Morang for this time of year.
I would think that the ex mernda players have got sick of training on their own, and just training at the ground, with no intentions of lowering themselves to Div. 3.

Hey COAK, see Morang have a lot of late clearance in would you know if they are seniors, bloody lot if they are.:D
Not sure mate,just observing from afar but you are right lots if ins probably 19`s as i believe they have picked up heaps from other clubs
Lots of players on the track does not always equate to on field success but it is a good way to be
Heard a rumour that the new coach has an addiction to very cheap cask red wine though, hope he keep it under wraps during the season:D:D

Not sure mate,just observing from afar but you are right lots if ins probably 19`s as i believe they have picked up heaps from other clubs
Lots of players on the track does not always equate to on field success but it is a good way to be
Heard a rumour that the new coach has an addiction to very cheap cask red wine though, hope he keep it under wraps during the season:D:D

Lots of players means jack shite if they can't play(we are though talking D3 though), looking forward to seeing Morang play at their so atmospheric ground and the huge crowds they attract, wasn;t it a lot better when they were on Plenty Rd where it felt like you were watching football, instead of a social match where they are now

Lots of players means jack shite if they can't play(we are though talking D3 though), looking forward to seeing Morang play at their so atmospheric ground and the huge crowds they attract, wasn;t it a lot better when they were on Plenty Rd where it felt like you were watching football, instead of a social match where they are now
dont know if it was better at Plenty Rd, the new place has crap atmosphere and is as windy as shite but at least it isnt 6 inches of mud right across the ground and at least the showers are hot,

Tips Round 1.

Panton Hill over Watsonia
South Morang over St Mary's (Ford Park??)
Reservoir over West
3x Away wins to start the season!
Parkside - Bye

My thoughts for the opening round.

Watsonia vs Panton Hill
Both have recruited well but think the Sainters might just get across the line. Have picked up one Allen Young who could be the recruit of the year.
St Mary's vs South Morang
The Lions have certainly grabbed some big recruits and should be right in finals contention.
Heidelberg West vs Reservoir
Should be an easy win for the Mustangs who are another team who have picked up some handy players.
Parkside - Bye.

Let's hope that it is opening round hiccups, but anyone know what the scores were in the West Heidelberg vs Reservoir match. and while at it, what about the missing scores in the Reserves ?

went to look a Morang lots of new players who need to work each other out and gell, cant believe that they have apponted the coach who could not coach their twos a few yaers ago went 2 lower got sacked and found his way back 2 morang and has not improved, word is the players dont think much of him either, it seems Morang have the cattle but the wrong coach. why is Rohan not doing it as he was great last year without the numbers, he would be great with the list they now have. the 2's were too slow and too fat so no depth there. 19's tried but too undisiplined.

Anyone from West Heidelberg or Reservoir out there ?

Poor show by them - still no scores showing from either the seniors or reserves.

And also Watsonia and Panton Hill reserves score missing.

Not a good look for the League or these clubs when they still can't have scores showing 24+ hours after the event.

Lift your game fellas !

Feral - it was a joint coaching venture between Rohan and the new coach, however Rohan pulled the pin due to other commitments.
I must commend you for potting a bloke behind the safety of a computer screen who you have probably never met or had any close association with- very cowardly!
Common sense would suggest that quality people bring quality players to a club which is what the coach has done- a lot of the new recruits he has coached before. So it would suggest to anyone with half a brain that they have great respect for the man and what he will bring to the club.
You are right tho that the players need time to gel as they have a completely new playing list from last year and will only improve from week to week.

I look forward to seeing the Lions take on Watsonia this week and hopefully securing the 4 points. :thumbsu:

Anyone from West Heidelberg or Reservoir out there ?

Poor show by them - still no scores showing from either the seniors or reserves.

And also Watsonia and Panton Hill reserves score missing.

Not a good look for the League or these clubs when they still can't have scores showing 24+ hours after the event.

Lift your game fellas !

Home teams put the scores in Chet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Politics win out there, Rumour was rife in december that Rohan would have "Other commitments" closer to the season after this new guy came in. The boys club that took over running the club wanted their new guy in. Mernda's coach will walk out before the years end and Rohan will end up back there. You heard it here first!
Rohan doesnt know what he wants, in the last 24 months he has said he was moving to Broardford, then Ballarat, now he is not sure, he was going to coach, mernda, then Watsy then ended up at Morang...
i dont think he has time to coach seniors with his work commitments so i doubt he will coach Mernda, but that said each time i talk to him he has a different plan so who knows....

Dont have the exact scores for you, but Mustangs won by about 70-80 points in the end. I think it was (around about) 50 - 120....

Although in the end it was a comprehnsive win, West have shown a lot of improvement over the summer. Only 20 points down at half time and keeping resa to only 2 goals with the wind in the 2nd qtr showed a lot, but lack of fresh legs and missing 4 out of our top 5 from last years B/F really hurt.

** and not to sure whats going on with the scores on the NFL website **

Yeah ... PH won by around 12 points. PH Seniors won by 50 points. Senior scores are up but still no Ressies.
Come on JC !!! Can't you guys "police" this...there are still other scores not on the system too. As you see by the interest on BigFooty, there are lots of people wanting the info ! Goes for all three divs.
These days of mobile communications, there should be no excuse for the team managers not entering the results !

Home teams put the scores in Chet.
What's the go with the NFL website results page ... can't get all the stuff on the screen. Who's doing the website there now since Josh left ? Has Red Onion dudded the league and they're gunna blame Sporting Pulse?
Bloody annoying not being able to "see it all at once"

Feral - it was a joint coaching venture between Rohan and the new coach, however Rohan pulled the pin due to other commitments.
I must commend you for potting a bloke behind the safety of a computer screen who you have probably never met or had any close association with- very cowardly!
Common sense would suggest that quality people bring quality players to a club which is what the coach has done- a lot of the new recruits he has coached before. So it would suggest to anyone with half a brain that they have great respect for the man and what he will bring to the club.
You are right tho that the players need time to gel as they have a completely new playing list from last year and will only improve from week to week.

I look forward to seeing the Lions take on Watsonia this week and hopefully securing the 4 points. :thumbsu:

No problems,, do know the man in question and first hand experience of his coaching, yes I am not a fan and have told him to his face several times so not hiding anywhere, not sure how many of them he has coached before and in most cases Rohan recruted the bulk of the players including appointing the co coach. beleive me there is several players not happy as they came on board for Roahn and have said that if they knew he was not going to continue they would not have come. at the days end they have recruited well and wish them all the best.they have had some hard luck & times of late. it will the committees challenge to make sure all stays well.

I noticed the same problems on edfl, rdfl and wrfl websites. so more than likely a sporting pulse problem. very frustrating having to use the slide bars to see everything.:thumbsdown:

I noticed the same problems on edfl, rdfl and wrfl websites. so more than likely a sporting pulse problem. very frustrating having to use the slide bars to see everything.:thumbsdown:
Results are managed by Sporting Pulse "for free"...looks like they're trying to gain even more space for the ads they tell us our clubs are getting a return for.
Agree with DeVious ... the NFL website needs a "dressing up". Looks and runs like the first websites of 10 years or so ago ! Hard to get around the site and lacks any buzz.
NFL pays a stack for Red Onion ... why not get the guy near Wellers Restaurant in Kangaroo Ground to set up and host for a cuppla hundge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back