Northern FL Division 3 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a huge game for Ressa and beat an ordinary Panton Hill, who are usually better at home.:thumbsu::D
Something told me to pick ressa this week, but panton hill at panton hill is tough for most teams. the small ground usually confuses people.
gonna make for an interesting finals series i reckon.
South Morang,Parkside,Ressa, and Panton Hill. Reckon St Marys are kidding themselves at the moment and bound to fall off the pass soon.
St Marys play 6 of their last 8 away, with one bye.
still have to play morang twice, panton hill twice who should get players back from injury soon, parkside. and only play heidelberg west and watsy once each watsy is away and i reckon they could get the better of them next time at home, and heidelberg west you would think they would win.

Hope your reading this Hollwood (JG). He called Panton Hill ordinary! I would not take someone being so disrespectful John!;):D

If you were at the game, it would be fair to say that Panton Hill was well below par. Didn't help that Vangeli went off early in the second. The Mustangs were never really threaten. No disrespect intended but that was not a usual display by Panton Hill at home.:cool:

Round 10 Tipping Leader board

Harry - 2 (24)
Chet - 2 (22)
Freedom - 2 (21)
Erik - 2 (19)
CH - 2 (17)
Grubby - 2 (16)
Devious - 2 (16)
OBF - 2 (15)
--------------
AWAY - 2 (15)

Hope your reading this Hollywood (JG). He called Panton Hill ordinary! I would not take someone being so disrespectful John!;):D

I guess he was just being honest Brutal, I'd have to agree that we were very ordinary in the 1st quarter & a 1/2 of the game on Saturday. In Hindsight maybe rushing back so many players over the last 2 weeks with no more than 15 changes to the side was a mistake?, I think this may have had an effected on the team structure/balance & alot of guys were a bit underdone, so I'll take blame for that decision & just write this one off as speed hump & try to build on some continuity in the side finally over the next couple of weeks. It's a tough choice, whether to rush back your better players underdone or not?

To Rezza's credit they came out playing like there season was on the line & just wanted it more than us, so the better team on the day deserved the win.

I guess he was just being honest Brutal, I'd have to agree that we were very ordinary in the 1st quarter & a 1/2 of the game on Saturday. In Hindsight maybe rushing back so many players over the last 2 weeks with no more than 15 changes to the side was a mistake?, I think this may have had an effected on the team structure/balance & alot of guys were a bit underdone, so I'll take blame for that decision & just write this one off as speed hump & try to build on some continuity in the side finally over the next couple of weeks. It's a tough choice, whether to rush back your better players underdone or not?

To Rezza's credit they came out playing like there season was on the line & just wanted it more than us, so the better team on the day deserved the win.

panton hill were good ! I suspected a few guys were rushed back couldnt shrug em off till right at the end !
Well done Panton hill was a pretty good game to watch in trying conditions !

panton hill were good ! I suspected a few guys were rushed back couldnt shrug em off till right at the end !
Well done Panton hill was a pretty good game to watch in trying conditions !

On the small Cracknell Reserve, the Hills found it difficult to keep the ball inside half forward ... generally the footy at the Hill leaves half back or the centre line and hits full forward, sailing over the half-forward line and the usually dominant Redback big guns win out.
Maybe the heavy ball and the conditions had something to do with this but Rezza had the same thing to deal with. Mustangs short game got the ball in where it was held in. Hillers didn't get the ball in forward and had to watch it head back out from half forward.
I agree that Panton Hill weren't up to the standard they've set themselves in previous games BUT were definitely NOT disgraceful ... unfortunately this was the message delivered to the boys on the ground immediately after the game by a vocal Jim Beam can that should know better.
Was not the worst game I've seen and I reckon there is light at the end of the tunnel.

On the small Cracknell Reserve, the Hills found it difficult to keep the ball inside half forward ... generally the footy at the Hill leaves half back or the centre line and hits full forward, sailing over the half-forward line and the usually dominant Redback big guns win out.
Maybe the heavy ball and the conditions had something to do with this but Rezza had the same thing to deal with. Mustangs short game got the ball in where it was held in. Hillers didn't get the ball in forward and had to watch it head back out from half forward.
I agree that Panton Hill weren't up to the standard they've set themselves in previous games BUT were definitely NOT disgraceful ... unfortunately this was the message delivered to the boys on the ground immediately after the game by a vocal Jim Beam can that should know better.
Was not the worst game I've seen and I reckon there is light at the end of the tunnel.

care to elaborate?

Round 11 Tips

Panton Hill
Reservoir
South Morang

Thomo, Pingers, Lower, Lalor
NP, Mac, Eltham, Greensy, Bundy

Panton Hill vs. Watsonia
Last week's outing for a number of Redbacks will benefit them in the clash with the Saints who have claimed they were unlucky last week. But they only had eleven scoring shot and that won't be enough this week. Redbacks comfortably.

Reservoir vs. Heidelberg West
The Mustangs got back on the winning list in a big way last week, something that the Hawks haven't done all season long. Should be a massive win for the home side here.

South Morang vs. St Mary's
The premiership favourite Lions will be keen to avenge their only loss for the season in their clash with the Saints who surprised with that first round win won't be so lucky this time around. The Lions by a healthy margin.

Parkside - Bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Panton Hill
Reservoir
South Morang

Redbacks suffer a loss with dave vangeli missing but should still be too strong for watsonia.
Reservoir by a big big margin. could get very ugly.
South Morang will not want to lose to St Marys again after the 5 point defeat in round one they will be out for revenge and get it in good fashion and by a good margin

Round 11 Tipping Leader board

Harry - 3 (27)
Chet - 3 (25)
Freedom - 3 (24)
Erik - 3 (22)
CH - 3 (20)
OBF - 2 (17)
Grubby - 0 (16)
Devious - 0 (16)
--------------
AWAY - 0 (15)

As we start the run into the finals all three matches this weekend are important for various reasons.

Reservoir vs. South Morang
Since Round 2 the Lions have shown why they are clearly the premiership favourites while the Mustangs form has been all over the shop, particularly over the past month. If the Mustangs want to be taken as a serious contender then they need to win this match, but on form it doesn't look as they can.

Heidelberg West vs. St Marys
On paper this looks a bit of a mismatch but the Hawks have been playing good football in patches over recent weeks and the Sainters will need to be switched on from the start or else they may find themselves on the losing end come Saturday night.

Parkside vs. Panton Hill
This could be a real eight-pointer and if this was at the postage stamp oval you would give the Redbacks a real chance, but the Devils are keen to hold on to the double chance and they defend their turf real well. The more settled Devils to prevail.

Round 11 Tips .... hoping this'll give me the 6 jump I need to hit the front !!!

Meringue
St Mary McKillop
and the HILLS

... and I bags picking any others I need to tip to get ahead of Harry !!

Haven't done this for a while but none the less, my tips:

Reservoir vs South Morang
Reservoir were lucky to scrape home against Heidelberg West last week while South Morang were able to hold off a spirited St.Marys outfit. Reservoir at home will come out fired up but the ladder leading Lions will show their class and overcome any challenges that the Mustangs present. Troy Jinnette and Shane Whitnall will be key for Morang while Ben Mowlam and in-form Richard Collins will look to spearhead a Ressa upset.
Morang by 18 points.

Heidelberg West vs St.Marys
So close yet so far once again for the Hawks. Another agonisingly close loss. None the less, the Burra are heading to Heidelberg Park looking to bounce back after their loss to South Morang. You can never discount the effort of the Hawks boys but the Burra will outclass them and pick up the W on the road. Geoff Robinson and Coby Shulz will be key for St.Marys while the Fonua boys will try and lead the Hawks to their first victory in 2011. Unfortunately their going to have to wait another week.
St Marys by 50 points.

Parkside vs Panton Hill
Parkside are coming off the bye will the Redbacks are coming off a convincing win at home against the Saints. Panton Hill will be keen to knock off a top team to re-affirm their status as a contender but the rested Devils, at home, should get the biscuits. Parksides list of stars (Wise, Hockey, Bennett, King) will need to fire and if Kreymborg, Box and Byron get going for Panton Hill then this should be a cracker. Match of the round but the Devils to get home just.
Parkside by 10 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back