Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know the final score at para road this afternoon? im guessing that monty won, but you never know.
nothing on the nfl website - again.
pretty poor effort by the nfl administration and their media people with limited div.2 scores on the website until today and not in the newspapers. i thought that they were supposed to be promoting the league. all other leagues seem to be able to get their scores on the websites and in the newspapers.

Greensborough lead by 3-4 goals halfway through the third quarter.
Mont won by 70 odd points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingDongBell
anyone know the final score at para road this afternoon? im guessing that monty won, but you never know.
pretty poor effort by the nfl administration and their media people with limited div.2 scores on the website until today and not in the newspapers. i thought that they were supposed to be promoting the league. all other leagues seem to be able to get their scores on the websites and in the newspapers.

Blame the Montmorency administration for not submitting the score prior to 5:50 PM

so m.o.t.h. what was the score, please ?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat
Blame the Montmorency administration for not submitting the score prior to 5:50 PM

Greensborough lead by 3-4 goals halfway through the third quarter.
Mont won by 70 odd points.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
what a turnaround and/or collapse!

heard a whisper over the w/e that the admin might be in a spot of bother over the naming of the comp ,nfl might have a copyright issue would be interesting to see who would cover the cost (if true) of replacement team gear.
i would imagine that the league would cover the cost ...but the clubs did vote on name change ..
it will make for interesting reading/listening in the not to distant future.

any thoughts

regards
wb

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
what a turnaround and/or collapse!

Sorry folks.

Been a very trying but successful day at the Nest. Scores are being loaded as I post. It's no excuse but has been difficult circumstances which we'll have to work around for the rest of the season. Bear with us please.

Final scores Mont 18.22 v Borough 9.10 after being down by 3 -4 goals at half time.

Borough were very good up to half time and Mont played some pretty ordinary footy but were able to turn it around.

Cheers and catch you all during the next week, including you Rat.

hi yellowboy can you pls tell me who umpired the game ?
sounds like it was a good game ... apart from the players on the losing side might disagree

apart from the players on the losing side might disagree

what in hell would they have to disagree about? were given the best of decisions all day and still lost by eleven.

Sorry folks.

Been a very trying but successful day at the Nest. Scores are being loaded as I post. It's no excuse but has been difficult circumstances which we'll have to work around for the rest of the season. Bear with us please.

quote]

Understand your circumstances M.O.T.H but surely a simple phone call to somebody sitting by their PC at home to load details would not be that hard a work around?????

lost some key players with possibly season ending injuries

Stringa - interested to know the condition of the Bulls player who came down heavily just before one of the breaks. Apparently his Heidelberg opponent had the sense to roll him onto his side to prevent possible choking prior to the trainers arriving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part two of 'Its officially over'
Bundoora lost Shaw to a knee injury, Harrison to a shoulder and Budgie to a knee on Saturday. Look for the adds in the press for footballers not busy this saturday to fill the team.
Probably a good chance for some teams to get a bit back on Bundoora after their years around the top.
Probably a good chance for Bundoora's management to start building for next year.

Watched a good game on Sat. Heid vs Bund. Ump's were good for a change. They did not influence or make inconsistant decisions. Great fightback from the Bulls in the 2nd Qtr, however I will not understand the move of Whitnell to CHB and Gloury to fullback, when these two guys were two of the catalysts for the 2nd Qtr comeback. The young fella who was KO'd seconds prior to the 1st Qtr siren recieved and overzeallous tackle, which I enjoyed seeing. The outcome I didnt enjoy seeing. If the Bund player didn't fumble the ball in the two attempts he had at it, prior to gathering it, he would not have been tackled at all. That is the differance b/n a good player and a very good player. I hope he is well, as I am sure it was his neck and head and chin being thrust into the ground during the tackle, that KO's the poor kid. Micky Gay for mine was BOG. Close call though. Miller, who spent the 1st Qtr on the bench, got the chocolates, however for consistancy of a 4qtr game, Gay was everywhere, and did everything you expect from a tall Ruckman around the ground. At times he was the link man through the middle, which was great to see. He didnt just drop a kick behind play and that the easy marks. Lowther was another noteable mention. Haydock did okay, except for the time spent by the small Bund forwards at one stage taking him way out of the play, behind the goal ump. Huge differance between coaching styles. Dot-to-dot was relaxed and jovial, with his assistants wiling to suggest moves, and point out match moves. His players gave him feeedback, as they were rotated from the field, and he took it all on board. Mr Shaw was intense, agitated and focussed. No time for jokes or jovial comments in the Bund camp. His assistants were not confident to offer much feedback. I spose jovial outlook comes when you have only lost one game in a couple of season.
How is the progress of B.Shaw with his knee and Croughan with his knee. Both looked serious season ending injuries.
Other notable mentions for the day were 'D' DeAnangilis, who for a big man has fantastic mobility and reads the play real well. Kruzer for Bund was my BOG, and Gloury/Whitnall (spec in the 1st half) in the 1st half.
MIller for Bergs did ok, however I would suspect if Favrin had kicked straight, he would have finished with 6 or so, and been awarded the BOG medal.

Stringa - interested to know the condition of the Bulls player who came down heavily just before one of the breaks. Apparently his Heidelberg opponent had the sense to roll him onto his side to prevent possible choking prior to the trainers arriving.

Yeah was a hard hit the young fella took! Will be ok but dont expect to see him in a jumper too soon, didn't look too good there at one stage. Credit to the medical crew from both camps and the berger for turning him over. :thumbsu:

Things couldn't have gone any worse for the boys, after such a positive start to the day.Under maned without Grossman,Mark Rovere,Ryan Griggs,Carmichael,and a few other lesser likes they were up against it from the start.Showed plenty early but just weren't in heidelberg's class after the main break.John Kruezer was outstanding all day and took the honors in my opinion over Mr roids.Tim McIntosh was also very good and should be a starter in the comp side on one wing.Need to start recruiting for next year with so many class players already out.Fourth spot up for grabs now with probably 4 sides realistically in the mix.

No worries there Alter. When I arrived at the scene he was in the hands of the Oracle. It reminded me of a scene from The Green Mile. All the best to the young fella.

Thought I put all you dribblers on notice. Attendance at the inter-league game is a mandatory event for the BigFooty Team. To do otherwise will be considered poor form.

Regards

hey boof sorry i could not stop and have a drink with u and your mate whitey after game but had 2 go 2 work hope 2 have a drink with u on the return game

hey boof sorry i could not stop and have a drink with u and your mate whitey after game but had 2 go 2 work hope 2 have a drink with u on the return game

Yes ... poor form Bobo. However, under the circumstances we'll extend the hand of grace just this once and hook-up come Round 16. Your shout of course :)

Regards

The young fella who was KO'd seconds prior to the 1st Qtr siren recieved and overzeallous tackle, which I enjoyed seeing. The outcome I didnt enjoy seeing. If the Bund player didn't fumble the ball in the two attempts he had at it, prior to gathering it, he would not have been tackled at all. That is the differance b/n a good player and a very good player. I hope he is well, as I am sure it was his neck and head and chin being thrust into the ground during the tackle, that KO's the poor kid.

Who r u? what r u talking about about im sure everyone fumbles the ball once in a while! u r kidding.
good to see the players help him out though.

No worries there Alter. When I arrived at the scene he was in the hands of the Oracle. It reminded me of a scene from The Green Mile. All the best to the young fella.

Thought I put all you dribblers on notice. Attendance at the inter-league game is a mandatory event for the BigFooty Team. To do otherwise will be considered poor form.

Regards

You are starting to get some serious humour in your approach Boof I like it.When some one is in a bit of trouble on the field you just do what you have to do.

come on bobo you would have to shout i heard boof wouldnt shout if a snake bit him. but as he said a drink at the bull pit if you are buying will be very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back