Northern Football League Division 2 - CLOSED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Northern Football League Division 2

mernda finished last year off strongly ?
they got rolled by t/town in second last game by over 100 pts

beat kinglake in last game

where's the bookies sounds like strong form to me ?

i dont get it i am jonbrown 16, not trav stevens or whoever that is lol, i dont play for anyone but i do like to follow the nfl.

i dont get it i am jonbrown 16, not trav stevens or whoever that is lol, i dont play for anyone but i do like to follow the nfl.
could you make it look like i'm jonbrown16 anymore?
I post and 2 seconds later you reply.:confused:

First up. I'm trav. common knowledge.

If i was going to make up a random nickname like Pilon/No_lip with the intention of bagging people would I pick Jon Brown & put Brisbane as the club i support, when its well known I support Brisbane or would i be a tad more discreet??

I don't(nor do any of the other guys that left from last year) have intention of bagging Morang or any of their players(except the 2nd rate dim sim eating machine Shane Bamford)

What would stooping down to their level prove?
I am in no way implying S. Bamford had anything to do with the comments made in the record or that any of the guys that left have problems with him.

One S. Bamford knows why I will bag him throughout the year. Dim sim eat off....cancelled through fear of humiliation!!!

RAAV - (except the 2nd rate dim sim eating machine Shane Bamford) :confused:

Only the dim-siminator himself could call him 2nd rate in this department, the real Whittlesea vs Morang challenge in round 12 could in fact be the post match Dim Sim off which RAAV is firming as favourite despite his new found strict training regime!

The bookies will definately have a say in this match up bong_pocket!

Look fwd to it RAAV, or should I say jonbrown16??

RAAV - (except the 2nd rate dim sim eating machine Shane Bamford) :confused:

Only the dim-siminator himself could call him 2nd rate in this department, the real Whittlesea vs Morang challenge in round 12 could in fact be the post match Dim Sim off which RAAV is firming as favourite despite his new found strict training regime!

The bookies will definately have a say in this match up bong_pocket!

Look fwd to it RAAV, or should I say jonbrown16??

I'll be starving myself for the week leading in just to try to have an edge with the hope of keeping my crown as the dim-siminator
Def just Raav.

Footy is well and truly back and I can lay claim to picking all the winners on the weekend, including Whittlesea's upset over Macleod (interested to hear what CLEOD 9 has to say about this one).
Went to watch the Thomastown v Epping encounter in anticipation of a close game. Well, by quarter time, the game was pretty much beyond doubt. Thomastown definitely brought their A game and their much heralded midfield was on show for all to see. They will definitely be a force this season. I would like to think that Epping simply had one of those days. Better players for the Pingers were 46 and 31, whilst for Thomastown, Calafiore and J Abela.

were thomastown full strengthed?? heard rumours epping had up to 6 players out?? and how did the big red head go for epping??

also how were fitzroy stars looking?? are they a top 6 contender??

Just hoping that someone could fill me in, on whether my old china plate Adam "Macka" Macbrien played for watsonia on the weekend? If so, how was his performance? I was unable to attend this spectacle due to a mild dose of couldn't be a r s e d.

were thomastown full strengthed?? heard rumours epping had up to 6 players out?? and how did the big red head go for epping??

why does every side say the same after copping it up the pooper!! "we had this guy out or 6 out as epping"..what a croc...that big red THING at full back was a walking joke. couldnt get near it and the one time he did it slipped through his fingers like a cake of soap,,,spud..:D:D

Heard that one too about the blues missing players. Yep it was a very ordinary performance but it was only the first game. Way too early to be making predictions. I'd be giving it at least 4 or 5 rounds in before making light of anything yet.

maybe Epping were missing a few players but i doubt they were better than the players Thomastown had out!

players Zuric ( the Wall ) - back in a couple
Volpe - back in 2 weeks
Bonson - later this season
Manley - mid year

Thomastown have built a team in the last couple of years and this will be seen this year! hoping to make the next step and get into the granny!
And also credit to junior affiliate Lalor Stars with over 12 players having come through junior ranks playing in senior team!:D

mernda finished last year off strongly ?
they got rolled by t/town in second last game by over 100 pts

beat kinglake in last game

where's the bookies sounds like strong form to me ?

they finished the year off stronger than wat they started.was wat i was implying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they finished the year off stronger than wat they started.was wat i was implying

mernda have beaten only one side above eigth place in the last three years - sth morang last year

they are probably destined to follow the thomastown model and are building to some kind of success rather than steam rolling toward it
true with their best twenty two they would probably play finals but that ain't going to happen and neither will it at any other club most likely
i expect they will go up and down as do most sides that have a large number of youngsters aclimatizing to senior footy at the one time .
will be interesting to see how they handle the whittelsea game sunday ?

What are your guys thoughts upon the 3rd division next year?
Do you agree with the proposal of the bottom 8 in 2nd Division at conclusion of '08 season, will then be the 8 who are in the fixture for 3rd Div for season '09?
And the bottom 2 of 1st Div will then drop back into 2nd Div.
Any team wanting to enter the league shall enter through the 3rd Div, unless special adjustments are granted.
Me, I like it alot. A helluva lot.
In 3rd Div it will provide a great chance for the S.Morangs, or H.West's, or P.Hill's to possilbly play finals. And as I have said before, a grand Final win is a Premiership all the same, regardless of what Division is has been won in. You just ask the hundreds of supporters who somehow show up when a club is travelling fairly nicely.
As for the 1st Div, each week would provide a competitive match that would be great for competition, and 2nd Div would be much the same.
The only teams that would struggle would be bottom of 3rd Div. However this is no different to how they struggle at the bottom of 2nd Div. Only differance being that the climb into finals would be a much less arduous task, than it is in a 14 team division.

noticed a few clearances still coming in this week, anybody know if these players will be any good??

thoughts on this weeks matches

Lower PLenty vs Parkside, Lower Plenty 70pts
Macleod vs Panton Hill, Macleod 54pts
South Morang vs Fitzroy Stars, South Morang 23pts
Reservoir vs Epping, Reservoir 5pts
Thomastown vs Hurstbridge, Thomastown 49pts
Watsonia vs Heidelberg West, Watsonia 37pts
Mernda vs Whittlesea, Whittlesea 51pts

any other thoughts? agree or disagree?

Lower PLenty vs Parkside, 34pts
Macleod vs Panton Hill, 33pts
South Morang vs Fitzroy Stars, 50pts
Reservoir vs Epping, 20pts
Thomastown vs Hurstbridge, 49pts
Watsonia vs Heidelberg West, 17pts
Mernda vs Whittlesea, 19pts

Do you agree with the proposal of the bottom 8 in 2nd Division at conclusion of '08 season, will then be the 8 who are in the fixture for 3rd Div for season '09?
Any team wanting to enter the league shall enter through the 3rd Div, unless special adjustments are granted.
In 3rd Div it will provide a great chance for the S.Morangs, or H.West's, or P.Hill's to possilbly play finals. And as I have said before, a grand Final win is a Premiership all the same, regardless of what Division is has been won in. You just ask the hundreds of supporters who somehow show up when a club is travelling fairly nicely.
As for the 1st Div, each week would provide a competitive match that would be great for competition, and 2nd Div would be much the same.
The only teams that would struggle would be bottom of 3rd Div. However this is no different to how they struggle at the bottom of 2nd Div. Only differance being that the climb into finals would be a much less arduous task, than it is in a 14 team division.

This is how it will be - Division 1 will stay the same at 10 teams, 8 clubs in divisison 2 and 6 in division 3. Unless other sides are brought in to expand div 3.

I believe 1st Div will stay 10 teams.
2nd Div will be 8 teams
3rd Div will be the last 6 from div 2 this year and any new clubs that want inn.
I also agree it's a good idea but dont want to be there.

I Agree with that proposal only if there were at least 8 teams in division 3. 6 teams is simply not enough.

My tips:

Lower PLenty vs Parkside, 40pts
Macleod vs Panton Hill, 60pts
South Morang vs Fitzroy Stars, 10pts
Reservoir vs Epping, 13pts
Thomastown vs Hurstbridge, 80pts
Watsonia vs Heidelberg West, 5pts
Mernda vs Whittlesea, 27pts

Lower PLenty vs Parkside, 37pts
Macleod vs Panton Hill, 54pts
South Morang vs Fitzroy Stars, 4pts
Reservoir vs Epping, 3pts
Thomastown vs Hurstbridge, 47pts
Watsonia vs Heidelberg West, 35pts
Mernda vs Whittlesea, 49pts

goodluck to all!!

hey just wondering if anyone knows much about lower plenty i have heard they will be in the mix but how will they go and who are there guns??????????

Well I am writing with my tail definitely between my legs. No excuses guys. We have had a great pre season and were simply beaten by a very well drilled Whittlesea outfit. From an insider's perspective, both Bennets have had better days, Shaw will be better for the run and Willo left the ground injured. Now we turn our focus to Panton Hill and look to get on the winner's list.
JUDDS: Agree with your thoughts there mate. Whenever a side does poorly there are the inevitable excuses and as a Macleod devotee we are not making any of these for our efforts last week.
GHOST: great result for your mate Sinclair. I anticipated a much closer game than that. He must be getting pumped for his half time sprint against Puffa in Round 5 (at least I can still be jovial after the Round 1 loss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back