Northern Football League Division 2 - CLOSED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Northern Football League Division 2

lower had a dirty day out against parkside, no exuses really, they wanted the ball more than we did, lower mounted a comeback in the last qtr to get within 5 points but ran out of time, full credit to parkside, looks as if billy barden and nathan llywellen will be dropped this week after there dismal display at cusion lounge on sat nite, not great timing for "pig" llywellen as he has a suspended sentence after a donnybrook with a visually inpaired man at a club function last weekend

lower had a dirty day out against parkside, no exuses really, they wanted the ball more than we did, lower mounted a comeback in the last qtr to get within 5 points but ran out of time, full credit to parkside, looks as if billy barden and nathan llywellen will be dropped this week after there dismal display at cusion lounge on sat nite, not great timing for "pig" llywellen as he has a suspended sentence after a donnybrook with a visually inpaired man at a club function last weekend

We did play well and that has carried over from last week. The Devils are playing for each other, everyone in our side gets along really well so there is a natural camaraderie amongst the group. We haven't got a lot of depth which is evident from the reserves results, but the boys are willing to give 100% each week. We have a massive game this week, whittlesea are the form side and one of the early red hot favourites for the flag. If we can do the all the hard things / 1%'s that we have done over the last 2 games then we will be very competitive.

I personally can't wait.

On a side note we have a player (Shannon) that has quite long dread locks, a lower player, not sure of the name lunged and grabbed his hair from behind, when chasing. Pretty ordinary really. Our player then threw the ball at the lower players head, which resulted in a fair scuffle. Pretty reasonable retaliation i would have thought. No. 64 who joined the fight upon his own will, threw a punch that hit Shannon in the eye. That resulted in a visit to hospital and several stitches. Hope you are proud 64. Ur efforts were pretty disgraceful!!!!!:thumbsdown:

We did play well and that has carried over from last week. The Devils are playing for each other, everyone in our side gets along really well so there is a natural camaraderie amongst the group. We haven't got a lot of depth which is evident from the reserves results, but the boys are willing to give 100% each week. We have a massive game this week, whittlesea are the form side and one of the early red hot favourites for the flag. If we can do the all the hard things / 1%'s that we have done over the last 2 games then we will be very competitive.

I personally can't wait.

On a side note we have a player (Shannon) that has quite long dread locks, a lower player, not sure of the name lunged and grabbed his hair from behind, when chasing. Pretty ordinary really. Our player then threw the ball at the lower players head, which resulted in a fair scuffle. Pretty reasonable retaliation i would have thought. No. 64 who joined the fight upon his own will, threw a punch that hit Shannon in the eye. That resulted in a visit to hospital and several stitches. Hope you are proud 64. Ur efforts were pretty disgraceful!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Having played Parkside the past couple of seasons, I know that they are a side who the longer they are in the game, the more confidence they will get and the more they will keep fighting. We absolutely dominated the first 15 minutes and the ball hardly left our forward line. We were 1.6 before they had even scored, but unfortunately didnt put them away.

From there, they worked harder, wanted it more, made less mistakes and played a lot smarter. We made a charge in the last quarter but once again, bad kicking and a lack of discipline cost us.

Great respect for Parkside as a club. Play hard on the field and seem to bond and play just as hard off the field. Had a fair crew stick around in our clubrooms after the match, which is good to see from an opposition club.
Wise is also a more than handy pick up for them and would have clearly been best on.

On another note, I am not taking anything away from Parkside, cause they deserved their win, but the umpiring was as bad as I have seen it. When an umpires blows his whistle when we are running out onto the ground and tells us that if he hears another player swearing then they will be off, you get a feeling that they think they are a bigger part of the game than they are meant to be and will be blowing their whistle at a regular interval throughout the day. They clearly must have had family and friends along to watch and wanted to be noticed. Players want to be allowed to play and not be pulled up at every chance for ridiculous infringements that wouldnt be called in netball. I hope they are made accountable for a terrible display of umpiring that had players and spectators frustrated and sratching their heads. In saying that, we became too frustrated and next time need to show more control and discipline.

looking foward to Thomastown v Lower this weekend!

Bears playing great brand of footy atm with 4 or 5 players still out!

What can we expect from Lower this game?

On another note, I am not taking anything away from Parkside, cause they deserved their win, but the umpiring was as bad as I have seen it. When an umpires blows his whistle when we are running out onto the ground and tells us that if he hears another player swearing then they will be off, you get a feeling that they think they are a bigger part of the game than they are meant to be and will be blowing their whistle at a regular interval throughout the day. They clearly must have had family and friends along to watch and wanted to be noticed. Players want to be allowed to play and not be pulled up at every chance for ridiculous infringements that wouldnt be called in netball. I hope they are made accountable for a terrible display of umpiring that had players and spectators frustrated and sratching their heads. In saying that, we became too frustrated and next time need to show more control and discipline.

I agree, the umpiring was pretty ordinary, the whistle didn't seem to stop. We made a point of being disciplined and not mouthing off no matter what the decsion made. It seemed to work and we were rewarded.

Lower will bounce back next week against thommo and should be a cracker of a game.

Maybe Ghostwriter can give us his thoughts.

apparently the main player with a question mark over his head is young jesse waters, his form on game day coupled with his god awful hair cuts, lack of style and general scumbagness.. needs to lift both on and off the feild or he may be looking straight down the barrell of a suspension imposed by his teammates.. lift your game jesse, your a joke mate

I'm sure morang will bounce back, it was a great effort from boys yesterday, well done boys:thumbsu:

Hey bruz,
Just wanted to send my congrats to you and the boys on a good win..
Always handy to get one in early.. Hope the form continues.:thumbsu:

From all reports I'm almost glad I couldn't go to the game on Satdy. pretty dismal. The 19s and 2s did a little better at least.
At least I get to make my return this week against Thommo. Can't wait!

As for Billy and Nate.... It's Billys b'day this week. Expect some big numbers to be done this weekend.

apparently the main player with a question mark over his head is young jesse waters, his form on game day coupled with his god awful hair cuts, lack of style and general scumbagness.. needs to lift both on and off the feild or he may be looking straight down the barrell of a suspension imposed by his teammates.. lift your game jesse, your a joke mate

good point piglett i also think jesse waters is in a bit of trouble seeings as though the man he was playing on kicked alot of goals and had plenty of it and he chased ass all day thats why he gave so many down feild frees away taking people down after the ball had gone just lazy and as for nathan llewellyn and billy barden they im sure will be fine nathan was solid all day in defence and billy kicked 3 goals 2 of which where under a lot of pressure in the last that nearly won lower the game........ so pull your head in whatthe

looking foward to Thomastown v Lower this weekend!

Bears playing great brand of footy atm with 4 or 5 players still out!

What can we expect from Lower this game?

i think there will be alot of stickers or will it be pickers i dont no what im on about

I personally can't wait.

the iccident was totally accidental i dont think our bloke ment to grab his hair intentially, i can understand why the parkside player got upset but with hair that long it can happen, but im 100% sure the lower pleyer did not mean to grab his hair, hope he has a speedy recovery

as a fellow team mate of jess's, probably a little harsh piglett, had a ripper game against hursty and yes struggled on saturday, probably do to the fact he wasnt given the opportunity to blow the game open like he has in previous years up forward, im sure he'll lift his game against thomo this week, otherwise chalky newlands might be having a bit of a word to young jess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally can't wait.

pull your head in mate it was just a little punch from a bloke sticking up for his team mate after a rusterfarian thug threw a ball at a player after the lower player laid a good tackle get over it mate if you dont like it join a netball team...........

as a fellow team mate of jess's, probably a little harsh piglett, had a ripper game against hursty and yes struggled on saturday, probably do to the fact he wasnt given the opportunity to blow the game open like he has in previous years up forward, im sure he'll lift his game against thomo this week, otherwise chalky newlands might be having a bit of a word to young jess
Jesse Waters should never, ever be played up forward.

pull your head in mate it was just a little punch from a bloke sticking up for his team mate after a rusterfarian thug threw a ball at a player after the lower player laid a good tackle get over it mate if you dont like it join a netball team...........

Clearly you didn't see it becasue it wasn't a tackle at all, rather a grab at some ones hair!!!!

Before you comment get your facts straight.

A few upsets last week and certainly didn't get the tipping sweep this time around, although I did give Epping another chance despite others jumping off!!
Went to watch the Thomastown vs Hurstbridge game for 3 quarters only (despite having made previous plans to watch Lower vs Parkside). Thomastown turned the game into a one sided affair with one excellent first quarter and it was a great display. Yet again their midfield dominated, ably supported by a solid defense and many options in attack. Funnily enough, Hurstbridge did not look that bad in certain patches and better players for them were Bullen, Atkins and Caldwell. For Thomastown, their better players were Horman, Belbasis, Ershkhan and Capelli.
This week's game between Lower and Thomastown should be a cracker and will go close to being the game of the round I believe.

I personally can't wait.

dobber !
have you never done anything remotely untoward on the field ?

I have been involved in scuffles like everyone, but this was just stupid!

lol, things often get out of hand on the footy field, thats how it goes, lower probably shouldnt have grabbed his ratted hair, but shannon probably shouldnt have thrown the ball at his head, both are to blame, and if the umpires seen what happened, it should be dealt with accordingly. Retaliation isnt acceptable either, so both are to blame, who gives a shit really, he got beat up, got stitches, get on with playing footy and im sure the player will cop it next game, usually how it works ay?? lol ;)

Clearly you didn't see it becasue it wasn't a tackle at all, rather a grab at some ones hair!!!!

Before you comment get your facts straight.

f u ck off mate you bokes from parkside are sooky maggots that shannon blokes mum rang up and complained now the lower player has to go to the tribuneral bit rich seeings as though the parkside players brother punched a lower player last year and got weeks he is the biggest thug out and then shannons brother today msged a lower player asking who it was because he is going to come down the club with weapons and kill the lower player how about you just cop it sweet mate and get over it you pussy wankas

f u ck off mate you bokes from parkside are sooky maggots that shannon blokes mum rang up and complained now the lower player has to go to the tribuneral bit rich seeings as though the parkside players brother punched a lower player last year and got weeks he is the biggest thug out and then shannons brother today msged a lower player asking who it was because he is going to come down the club with weapons and kill the lower player how about you just cop it sweet mate and get over it you pussy wankas

His mother did complain to the league (as he has to have the week off work, because he can't see out of his right eye - pretty serious i would have thought) and the league spoke to ur club and ur president advised who was involved.

As if your club would do any different if someone in your team was seriously hurt.

His brother hasn't played for parkside since 2006, and we do not support any threats towards anyone!!

I agree his brother should stay out it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back