Northern Football League Division 2 - CLOSED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Northern Football League Division 2

Well that's my opinion whether you agree with it or not.

What do you want me to say...Richard Cole is an absolute gun ?
PFPFPFPFPF
Any player just out of AFL is going to have a fair impact on any side in local footy numnuts:D

boys what do we reckon about the draw.

on first look. we (whittlesea) have hardest draw
have to play macleod, lower, parkside and mernda twice. have to play 2 sunday games and if we make the finals will be going in with the bye the last round.

obviously bias but how did your team fair?

Oh sorry I didn't mean play footy for mernda. He just moved into the area :D

Richard Cole (ex cwood and essendon) was doing some laps of the ground whilst we were training. I'd like to see him playing divvy 2!

We have had 95% of last years 19s on the track so hopefully they can all stick fat and produce in the seniors. Good news that Luke Shelton and Benny "Space Cowboy" Anderson are hanging around too. If only we can stop our gun FF recruits from breaking bones on their holidays we should be alright.

That's good news about having most of the Under 19's on board this year, it seems that Mernda's going to have plenty of numbers this year and a lot of young players which is great. But does Mernda have enough talls ?, because that's always something that we've never had too many of.

It's good to see things are starting off well in 2008 (I always keep an eye on how they're going for my dad's sake), and I hope that we kick Epping's arse come next year:thumbsu:, and make a charge for the finals again.

have to play macleod, lower, parkside and mernda twice. have to play 2 sunday games and if we make the finals will be going in with the bye the last round.

BAD LUCK BUD OTHER CLUBS ARENT HAPPY EITHER

Capslock cause u think ur cool or capslock cause ur yelling? either way hes opening up a discussion and ur talking shit once again, nice one. Why bother posting?

Mate that was the conversation point.
As for cap locks sorry DH

I think its not so much the fixture you have to worry about, yeh those will be hard games, but whittlesea are a good team, and have had some pickups, so if there up to it, they will do alright in my opinion, the 2 sunday games wont really matter, just muck you up the next day at work :p, Sometimes going into finals with a bye isnt a bad thing, if you treat the bye week properly, you will be alright for the first finals match.

Mase,

Sunday games traditionally are a boom for gate takings & bar sales as you often are not competing against the other activities and matches that occur on saturday. Make the most of them because they can add some very handy $$ into your clubs coffers. :thumbsu:

Sundays are only fraught by players in your club that are only there for social (pi$$ ups) that you would normally have on a saturday night.

Just make sure you don't make the mistake of holding it on Mother's day because it will end up biting you on the A$$.

That's good news about having most of the Under 19's on board this year, it seems that Mernda's going to have plenty of numbers this year and a lot of young players which is great. But does Mernda have enough talls ?, because that's always something that we've never had too many of.

It's good to see things are starting off well in 2008 (I always keep an eye on how they're going for my dad's sake), and I hope that we kick Epping's arse come next year:thumbsu:, and make a charge for the finals again.

Are your 19's players ready for senoir football? Most of them havent seen a senoir game yet have they? 2008 will see 60-70% of last years gf team pushin up to senoirs wont it? Do you think they are ready, will take some to get used to?

Any player just out of AFL is going to have a fair impact on any side in local footy numnuts:D

So I'm an idiot and a numnut......

I beg to differ about any player out of AFL having a fair impact.
There's been plenty of them come and go into local comps, especially
the EFL, and have just been ordinary players.

My comments are opinions, you're generalising. (if you know the difference)

You had to do better than that if you're trying to antagonise me.

Are your 19's players ready for senoir football? Most of them havent seen a senoir game yet have they? 2008 will see 60-70% of last years gf team pushin up to senoirs wont it? Do you think they are ready, will take some to get used to?

a large number of the mernda u19s are ready for senoirs. there was about 16 or so of the19s last year that played senoirs. stewart, shelton and eggy all are reasonablly fit but also are probly in that 95-100kg size aswell as round 6 foot. then a number of the young blokes add what they lacked last year, hardness and pace. i still think there bout 2 years off, but finals is definetly within them. when you add the mix saddington, pearson and douglas from bundoora.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a large number of the mernda u19s are ready for senoirs. there was about 16 or so of the19s last year that played senoirs. stewart, shelton and eggy all are reasonablly fit but also are probly in that 95-100kg size aswell as round 6 foot. then a number of the young blokes add what they lacked last year, hardness and pace. i still think there bout 2 years off, but finals is definetly within them. when you add the mix saddington, pearson and douglas from bundoora.

i heard eggy was off to another club? rumour? how does stewart go against ppl hes own size? I know he dominates against 19s, but never seen him in senoirs ?? yes...bundy boys def good pik ups, but why arnt there names in bundys finals teams?

i heard eggy was off to another club? rumour? how does stewart go against ppl hes own size? I know he dominates against 19s, but never seen him in senoirs ?? yes...bundy boys def good pik ups, but why arnt there names in bundys finals teams?

Eggy is staying as for the rest we will just have to wait a see how good they will be.
I reckon there is about a dozen of last years 19s ready now for senior footy and the rest arn't that far away.

saddo played first few games for northcote park this year then came back to bundoora couldnt really cement a spot and got dropped for finals may have played 1. and douglas and pearson are twos players.

saddo played first few games for northcote park this year then came back to bundoora couldnt really cement a spot and got dropped for finals may have played 1. and douglas and pearson are twos players.

yeh who are they, any good? play senoirs?

the only problem i have with the fixture is that round one is so far away!
other than that cant do much about it.

There is no draw in the world that wont come with criticism mase. Every club will have a whinge about something that they dont like, that is always a common. Whittlesea should be given a reasonably tough draw based on their performances last year, where they missed the out on playing in a grand final by a kick. So, no doubt that would come into calculations. Mernda and Parkside did not make the finals last year, so you wouldnt be putting them into the hard basket to early, they might be stronger next year from all reports, but that is only rumours at this time of year.

As someone else mentioned earlier, Sunday games will only create more dollars for your club. So everyone should get behind it. People complain about Sunday games as they like to get very pi$$ed on a Saturday night, but you just have to change your drinking night to a Friday.

The bye in the final round could well be a blessing, especially if any important players are carrying an injury. It also freshes you up for a crack during the finals. Surely by doing all the right training and the long season of practice matches plus home & away games, a rest will be perfect.

mase you wont have to worry about the bye in the last game you will be up against fitzroy:thumbsu:

who is this eggy character ? sounds like he can play a bit

I just wish you blokes were talking about former Epping player & one time Broadford 3rds premiership centreman Chris "Egga" Edwards - could play a bit the Egg & I hear he mighta even filled in for a 2's game at Epping this year or perhaps it was last :D

ive heard a rumor that troy luff is training with thomastown is there any truth to that? would be a massive pick up if true!!

ive heard a rumor that troy luff is training with thomastown is there any truth to that? would be a massive pick up if true!!

As you said 'ive heard a rumor' and thats all it is ? Wouldnt be much of a pick up in my opinion, maybe for brains yes, for playing no. Bit old dont you think? Anyway cant wait to see whos got what when the 2008 opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back