Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want a tissue mase!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your good enough, you wont need to worry about things like that. Or are the eagles already looking for excuses!!!!!!!!

if you win the second semi mase - you get the extra day's break - the other competing team get only six days
it seems a little half arsed for the culmination of an entire season that anyone gets a six day break i agree but finals are about winning so win and the draw goes with you

No excuses Boss, yet, hahahaha
Mate I don't want to hear your excuses when I pull you over either, hahaha

Hey anyone from Macleod - was speaking to a mate who told me your 2s struggled to get a side on the park this year (and finished out of the finals)... must be a concern for you blokes if you go up to div 1, couldn't see that sort of side getting within 100 points of any other div1 ressies sides...

if you win the second semi mase - you get the extra day's break - the other competing team get only six days
it seems a little half arsed for the culmination of an entire season that anyone gets a six day break i agree but finals are about winning so win and the draw goes with you
Are the wheels starting to fall ?Theres 10 years of history starting to catch up !!!!GO THE BUG Get us over the line:thumbsu:

Hey anyone from Macleod - was speaking to a mate who told me your 2s struggled to get a side on the park this year (and finished out of the finals)... must be a concern for you blokes if you go up to div 1, couldn't see that sort of side getting within 100 points of any other div1 ressies sides...

usually when u go up to div 1, u need to recriut players so ur senior side can do well. so therefore some of this years players that were in an out of the side this year prob wont be next year. all depended if they win the flag that is. but the 2nds always had a full side, but maybe not the best side.

CLEOD: No excuses at all mate, just stating what was blatantly obvious to all. Whilst my outburst at half time towards one of the umpires in particular was over the top it was very much warranted.
But enough about last week, just sink your cans and be done with it. Look forward to a re-match if it eventuates (hopefully on Grand Final day).
To my tips for this weeks finals:

SENIORS

* EPPING
COMMENT: Will be a very good game for the most part but Epping will pull away after 3/4 time and move on.

* MACLEOD
COMMENT: The start will be the all important key for Mernda but Macleod are hitting good form at the right time. Macleod easily in the end.

RESERVES

* MERNDA
COMMENT: Judging by last week's game, Mernda will simply be too strong. Whilst Mernda won't have it all their own way it should be a straight forward victory.

* LOWER BY 50
COMMENT: Word around the traps is that Lower feel they have the team to seriously challenge Epping and Whittlesea, bolstered by a number of Senior footballers. Should be too good for an injury depleted Thomastown outfit.

Heartbreak for mernda seniors today. Lead changing all day. Scores level for much of the last only to go down by a solitary point. Again the umpiring was a sore point. I don't think they went either way but certainly were terrible. The 2nds survived a scare winning by a point. Watsy getting over epping makes our loss a little more bearable I guess but it was still shattering to go that close to the form team of the comp and go down....

At the macleod v mernda game today. worst umpiring i have ever seen. macleod disaloud a couple of goals to stupid free kicks. But mernda werent getting much either. Clearly the better side won today. macleod without luke naimo and kyl ewart today who would of helped down forward. B.O.G shawry.

Great win by the macleod boys today! not a very good game by the boys but to be pushed and pushed and to come out on top is just fantastic!
full credit to the mernda boys they played almost the perfect game. was just unlucky that the siren went when macleod was up. the lead changed so often any side could of won it.
was good to see macleod win without mahoney, naimo and ewart in. naimo has been a key to the macleod midfeild just getting in a under and winning his own ball. he was only crook but so he should be in next week which is a good sign. and ewart with a bad stress fracture in his foot is going to be a big hole to fill for the finals series! as will be mahoney in the ruck. big gaps to fill there but i think we have the deepth to fill the holes left by those 2 players.
should be another cracker of a game next week against the cross town rivals watsonia! who suprized me in winning today. i rated epping higher then watsy which only shows u cant take any team for granted in finals. i suspect the result will be nothing close to when macleod played watsy during the regular season. but can anyone from epping give me any insdie on how the game was played today?

At the macleod v mernda game today. worst umpiring i have ever seen. macleod disaloud a couple of goals to stupid free kicks. But mernda werent getting much either. Clearly the better side won today. macleod without luke naimo and kyl ewart today who would of helped down forward. B.O.G shawry.

in a 1 point win you cant say that clearly the better side won. Full credit to macleod they were up when it counted. Mernda will be a very good side over the next few years and will no doubt come back next year hungry to take the next the next step. They proved today, and a few weeks ago against whitlesea that they can match with the big boys in the comp. they also now have Shelton, Thorneytcroft, Anderson and numerouse others having a season of senior football under there belts. Must agree that the umps were disgracefully inconsistant today. Both times weve played macloed this year puffa seems to have his own set of rules, with frees he recieves and also the pushes that arnt called, but thats football and you cant dwell on it. best on ground for mernda would be rees, doevan and shelton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to a few boys who were at the game and they said epping butchered the ball, but if you look at the scores you would have thought that watsy could have won by more. Great win by watsy as they had richo,mcbrian,little,parker,harro and ciavola out.

And Macleod I heard that preston was muddy in the middle but lalor is apparently a bog heap so bring your long stops next saturday. You would think if watsy get those blokes back and the weather and the ground stay the same then again it could be anyones game.

Hulk mate what happened??

so i was at preston today and the umpiring was absolutley disgusting but so was the atmosphere, no one there, very dissapointing for first week of finals. allthough saying that both the ones and the two were ripping games a great start to what should be a close finals series. good luck next week fellas

you are a tool pal - keep making excuses for underperforming, getting on here listing blokes who didn't play - as far as i saw macleod had 22 players.
keep disrespecting clubs you play against and it will come back to bite you on the arse.
1 point - clearly the better side - get your head out of you arse
as for luke naimo being a gun - stop it!!!!!

so i was at preston today and the umpiring was absolutley disgusting but so was the atmosphere, no one there, very dissapointing for first week of finals. allthough saying that both the ones and the two were ripping games a great start to what should be a close finals series. good luck next week fellas

Agree 100 % . I know there are better umpires in the NFL but the trash that was dished up yesterday all day must have paid the league to get a game.:thumbsdown:
As for the crowd we had more people at the West Heielberg game.
Poeple dont want to catch trains to Preston and with only two hour parking they dont want to pay parking fines.
Wake up NFL with Epping and Whittlesea ovals both better than Prestons and they are both NFL Members why do you want to pay Preston?:confused:

Agree 100 % . I know there are better umpires in the NFL but the trash that was dished up yesterday all day must have paid the league to get a game.:thumbsdown:
As for the crowd we had more people at the West Heielberg game.
Poeple dont want to catch trains to Preston and with only two hour parking they dont want to pay parking fines.
Wake up NFL with Epping and Whittlesea ovals both better than Prestons and they are both NFL Members why do you want to pay Preston?:confused:
Spot on... a real pity that such a good hard game of local footy was played in front of such a small crowd, the people who love going to watch local footy dont like Preston...simple..
As for the umpiring it was very hard to work out at times, if that is the best that the NFL can drag up for a finals match then there are some problems, the only positive to say about the umpires was that it was shocking both ways so it had no real effect on the resault other than to leave both teams and supporters shaking there heads.
The game itself was great, Mernda worked hard all day and could have taken the game but luckily for Macleod they just got over the line, but if Macleod play that standard again they will be out very quickly.

Spoke to a few boys who were at the game and they said epping butchered the ball, but if you look at the scores you would have thought that watsy could have won by more. Great win by watsy as they had richo,mcbrian,little,parker,harro and ciavola out.

And Macleod I heard that preston was muddy in the middle but lalor is apparently a bog heap so bring your long stops next saturday. You would think if watsy get those blokes back and the weather and the ground stay the same then again it could be anyones game.

Hulk mate what happened??

are watsonia a chance to make the grand final, if they get these players back? even better, can they win it?

you are a tool pal - keep making excuses for underperforming, getting on here listing blokes who didn't play - as far as i saw macleod had 22 players.
keep disrespecting clubs you play against and it will come back to bite you on the arse.
1 point - clearly the better side - get your head out of you arse
as for luke naimo being a gun - stop it!!!!!

Not disrepecting any club. mernda done well all day. you are a dead set nuffy. they could of fielded a way better 22. but due to injuries they couldnt. u toss.

are watsonia a chance to make the grand final, if they get these players back? even better, can they win it?
wake up toss. watsonia would have to be one of the worst final 6 sides ever. and to make it all the funnier, they probably pay the most for their players...

wake up toss. watsonia would have to be one of the worst final 6 sides ever. and to make it all the funnier, they probably pay the most for their players...

right. i was asking a question. i never said that they could win it. and not bad for the worst final 6 sides ever, if they knocked off a team already.

Not disrepecting any club. mernda done well all day. you are a dead set nuffy. they could of fielded a way better 22. but due to injuries they couldnt. u toss.

my point is that each side( every sidein every game) could have fielded a much better side if it wasn't for injury, i just don't get why clubs after a win, in this case a one point win , can't just say well done good luck without loading up with this other shite about injuries and form slumps - a bit of humility every now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back