Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be the umpire I'm talking about.

Up ourselves ? Just like Rees had a shot from 35 out with 1 minute
to go on the clock ? I think I counted at least 10 Mernda players
with their arms in the air in triumph as the ball fell short in the goal
square. ;)

Umpiring was bad for bad sides, but we got the worse end
of the deal mate.

Umpiring has been bad all year, your a tool, you won the game be grateful your still in the race.

square. ;)

of the deal mate.
Sorry underbelly but you are barking up the wrong tree here, umpiring was shocking but i cant see how it favoured either side, both teams had bad calls against them we were just lucky enough to hold on...Mernda played a good hard game of footy and deserved the win just as much as Macleod did. We were just lucky on the day.

Sorry underbelly but you are barking up the wrong tree here, umpiring was shocking but i cant see how it favoured either side, both teams had bad calls against them we were just lucky enough to hold on...Mernda played a good hard game of footy and deserved the win just as much as Macleod did. We were just lucky on the day.

Good to see some Macleod blokes have a bit of sense. In the end it just came down to who was fortunate enough to be in front at the right time. Im sure another 5 minutes and the lead would have changed another 3 or 4 times.

Hrmmm some would say the same thing about P.Curran.And i know this issue has been discussed alot and i think he is a great player but he seems to intimidate even umpires who refuse to pay against him

Ill grant that. With curran alot of the time they tend to go either way, theyl either pay nothing against him, or as soon as he goes into a pack they ping him. As for Macloed saying that they were missing playings, you have to play with the side thats available to you. At this time of year everyones carrying injuries. You can have the best 22 players in the league, but if you have injuries and your 2nd tear players are duds then youl always struggle. Mernda controlled the game, they turnt it into scrap. They were playing a side with better skills, no doubtably quicker a quicker and more fancied opposition,on a large ground and they managed to slow it down and dictate the terms that the game was played on, they just couldnt be in the lead when it counted.

bennett was towled up early by douglas and shelton. The 1st quater by sheltzs was massive, mernda had all the play in the first 10 mins and much of it was because of the push and drive that he creates in the guts.

Free kick goes against Puffa for holding his ground in the goal
square in the 3rd quarter. Ball travels up the other end of the ground
and Mernda score. 12 point turnaround and could have been a costly
umpiring decision.

J Bennett gets bumped on the wing and falls to ground. Doesn't get tackled and umpire pays dropping the ball.

The umpires are supposed to be the best available at this time of the year. They were very very poor and should not get another final
based on their performance.

umpiring decision.

J Bennett gets bumped on the wing and falls to ground. Doesn't get tackled and umpire pays dropping the ball.

The umpires are supposed to be the best available at this time of the year. They were very very poor and should not get another final
Yes and i am sure the Mernda boys can list the bad decisions against them, every one agrees it was bad umpiring... move on.

What a big weekend of football and if the rest of the finals series lives up to week 1 then we are in for a treat.

I ventured out to see Epping take on Watsonia and was left eating my words. I had anticipated a close game for 3 quarters but fully expected Epping to run away with the victory. Full credit to Watsonia though who played a brilliant game of footy. But for some wasted opportunities in the second quarter Watsonia could well have been 3 or 4 goals up at half time instead of a solitary goal. A tight 3rd quarter set up the arm wrestle and Watsonia live to figh another day.

Better players for Epping were Stavely, Kiernan and Peckham. Whilst for Watsonia Paladino (BOG in my opinion), Hogg and Tarrant.
In the early game I was fortunate enough to catch the second half and what a ripper of a contest that was too. In the end Thomastown got over Lower by a couple of goals in an absorbing contest.

MOOSE/UNDERBELLY - Both of your teams scraped home on the weekend (I mean the 2's as far as your concerned Moose). That must have been a huge relief, especially considering you were clear favourites. I imagine that will set you on the path for a stronger showing this week. Both Macleod and Mernda Reserves clear favourites?

What a big weekend of football and if the rest of the finals series lives up to week 1 then we are in for a treat.

I ventured out to see Epping take on Watsonia and was left eating my words. I had anticipated a close game for 3 quarters but fully expected Epping to run away with the victory. Full credit to Watsonia though who played a brilliant game of footy. But for some wasted opportunities in the second quarter Watsonia could well have been 3 or 4 goals up at half time instead of a solitary goal. A tight 3rd quarter set up the arm wrestle and Watsonia live to figh another day.

Better players for Epping were Stavely, Kiernan and Peckham. Whilst for Watsonia Paladino (BOG in my opinion), Hogg and Tarrant.
In the early game I was fortunate enough to catch the second half and what a ripper of a contest that was too. In the end Thomastown got over Lower by a couple of goals in an absorbing contest.

MOOSE/UNDERBELLY - Both of your teams scraped home on the weekend (I mean the 2's as far as your concerned Moose). That must have been a huge relief, especially considering you were clear favourites. I imagine that will set you on the path for a stronger showing this week. Both Macleod and Mernda Reserves clear favourites?

It was a good hitout and I wouldn't have expected anything less from Mernda. Most would have predicted Macleod -v- Epping week 2 so full
credit to Watsonia on what was a huge upset.

Not expecting anything different against Watsonia on Saturday.
Hopefully we get different umpires this week.

the epping ground won't suit watsonia as much as lalor would have. Good luck to them I hope their fighting spirit shines thru and pumps the arrogrance of macleod

Any punters want to have a slug at this?
And do you think these odds look accurate or there-abouts?

Seniors
1.35 Macleod vs Watsonia 3.10
*Macleod should get over last weeks jitters
1.65 Whittlesea vs Thomastown 2.10
*Whittlesea favourites due to a win against the bears mid-season, but don't write off the bears

Reserves
1.90 Epping vs Whittlessea 1.90
*Epping could be called favourites for finishing 4pts clear on top, but whittlesea are the form side of the comp
1.65 Mernda vs Thomastown 2.10
*Mernda should drop down some senior players but the bears will be confident after knocking off a 1st placed Mernda mid season

To answer all your umpiring questions......

In the past the top 12 - 16 umpires did finals. These umpires generally have done all 18 home and away games in 'A' grade and are of a good to very good standard. They would cover finals games from u19's through to A grade in both divisions.

This year KS did not announce a finals panel and some umpires who did no more than two 'A' grades for the year are doing finals. This is KS way of rewarding blokes who umpired all year.

Most of the top umpires were in Div 1 this week doing games that did not effect the top 4. We can only hope that last week was a token gesture and we see some decent umpires in finals this week.

the epping ground won't suit watsonia as much as lalor would have. Good luck to them I hope their fighting spirit shines thru and pumps the arrogrance of macleod

i dont think anyone from macleod is being arrogent. from what ive read most people as saying that we were a little bit off the mark but still won. and i think the way mernda played put macleod off a bit. they didnt let macleod play they way they wanted. but saying that we still won and we are still in it.
everyone down at the club is just focused on watsy this week and nothing but getting over the line (hopefully by more then a point). no-one is being arrogent at all.
some supporters might have got a bit excited after our finish to the home and away season but i can asure u that none of the players or coaching staff is being arrogent. we just wanna get out there this satday and hopefully have a win against what is going to be a fired up watsy who are ganna be no push over!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

umpiring decision.

I hope your mate who got cleaned up by fresh air infront of the coaches box on saturday made the game tape vanish.He'll never live that one down if the boys see that:D

square. ;)

of the deal mate.
Stay of the piss when you're at the footy you'll see more of the game. Maybe just open your other eye:p

Stay of the piss when you're at the footy you'll see more of the game. Maybe just open your other eye:p

Those who know me are aware that I haven't had a drink of alcohol
for over 3 years, thus the reason I generally do the outside bar at our home games.

I may be a passionate one eyed supporter of Macleod, but I would
hate to see a game decided by third party influences.

On your coment about Andy Bennett going down in front of our coaches box after being hit high, I've seen the DVD and can assure you
that the free kick was warranted. It just happened to be right in front
of where I was watching the game and it wasn't a "fresh airy" as
you stated.

To the muppet who said that Macleod are arrogant, can you please elaborate on your comment. You can't go making these sort of statements without backing it up

for over 3 years, thus the reason I generally do the outside bar at our home games.

On your coment about Andy Bennett going down in front of our coaches box after being hit high, I've seen the DVD and can assure you
you stated.

To the muppet who said that Macleod are arrogant, can you please elaborate on your comment. You can't go making these sort of statements without backing it up

you won the freakin game by a point goose got on here and said you lot were CLEARLY the better team, sooked up about injuries and how much better you would be with them then crapped on how hard done by you were by two umpires
All done with a healthy dose of weren't mernda lucky we weren't on song
it wreaks of arrogance !
puffa said to our coach at the end of the game on the field within earshot of numerous players -" thanks its exactly what we needed " - like you never looked like losing or it was a practice match
Not one mernda person has got on and said that we could've or should've of -
you pick the difference
shut up and get on with playing watsonia

you won the freakin game by a point goose got on here and said you lot were CLEARLY the better team, sooked up about injuries and how much better you would be with them then crapped on how hard done by you were by two umpires
All done with a healthy dose of weren't mernda lucky we weren't on song
it wreaks of arrogance !
puffa said to our coach at the end of the game on the field within earshot of numerous players -" thanks its exactly what we needed " - like you never looked like losing or it was a practice match
Not one mernda person has got on and said that we could've or should've of -
you pick the difference
shut up and get on with playing watsonia

So your generalising ?
You might want to go back and read the threads thoroughly.
I never once mentioned injuries or that we were CLEARY the better team.
In fact I said that Mernda dished up a great contest and that I wouldn't have expected anything less !!
My bone was against the umpiring and we all agreed that they were crap
for both teams.

Now that's what I call an arrogant comeback, but then again, I guess
it all comes down to interpretation.

You're eyes must be painted on.

you stated.

I think he's talking about the guy on the wing that went down and didn't get a free...

At the macleod v mernda game today. worst umpiring i have ever seen. macleod disaloud a couple of goals to stupid free kicks. But mernda werent getting much either. Clearly the better side won today. macleod without luke naimo and kyl ewart today who would of helped down forward. B.O.G shawry.
READ THIS YOU MUPPET IT CLEARLY STATES THAT HE THOUGHT MACLEOD WERE THE BETTER SIDE OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDN'T SEE IT BECAUSE YOU HAD YOUR HEAD THAT FAR UP ARSE YOU GAGED ON YOUR OWN BULLSHIT :thumbsdown: POOR FORM

READ THIS YOU MUPPET IT CLEARLY STATES THAT HE THOUGHT MACLEOD WERE THE BETTER SIDE OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDN'T SEE IT BECAUSE YOU HAD YOUR HEAD THAT FAR UP ARSE YOU GAGED ON YOUR OWN BULLSHIT :thumbsdown: POOR FORM

I didn't write that you CLOWN and I don't even know who Dinozzo is ?

As I said to Bong Pocket, it is a generalisation that Macleod is arrogant
and that I blogged that I said that we were the better team blah blah blah blah blah.......ah forget it. Go and juggle some balls

Yellowman08
I have heard that there no finals lists read out at your team meeting, is this true and can you elaborate.

You are correct, no official field finals panel was announced. KS has gone around and told individuals that they are no longer required. He is also using less experienced umpires to man the bench, eliminating our top umpires doubling up over a weekend.

A bit of normality set back in this week with our top umpires doing the big games.

However still mystery as who will end up with the big ones. A guess performance from the top blokes this week will prove all.

Just catching up on a week's worth of banter and all the talk is about the whinging Macleod people and the excuses we are apparently making for such a narrow victory.
This is a real shame because such talk has diverted all attention away from what was a great game of footy. Yes, the umpiring was bad but they were bad for both sides and, in the end, our boys escaped with the narrowest of victories.
We now turn our attention to Watsonia and this will not be a walk in the park.
MOOSE - Full credit to your boys and they were very unlucky not to be playing this week. You can at leats take something out of the fact that you are still running around this weekend. The 2s race looks very open and you are every chance to go all the way.
GHOST - Big weekend for your boys. The game against Whittlesea shopuld be a cracker.
Bring on the weekend I say and enough about what could have been!!

This weeks games

Whittlesea -v- Thomastown : I would expect the Thomastown to bolt out from the starting line and to exert some early dominance. Whittlesea will keep grinding away and take over sometime during the 3rd quarter and run away with it. Eagles by 23 points

Macleod -v- Watsonia : Expecting a physical contest very early if training form is any indication. Macleod got the fright of their lives last week but will be better prepared this week. Watsy got the chockies against a team
we all expected to advance. Macleod will need to keep to the game plan for the full 4 quarters, which I expect they will, to win by 13 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back