Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to a few boys who were at the game and they said epping butchered the ball, but if you look at the scores you would have thought that watsy could have won by more. Great win by watsy as they had richo,mcbrian,little,parker,harro and ciavola out.

And Macleod I heard that preston was muddy in the middle but lalor is apparently a bog heap so bring your long stops next saturday. You would think if watsy get those blokes back and the weather and the ground stay the same then again it could be anyones game.

Hulk mate what happened??

Great win for Watsy maso... The conditions probably helped alot though. If Eccles had of kicked straight, we would have won by more. He ended up with 2.6. Kicked the one that counted though.. The ground wasnt in the best condition. B.Richardson, D.Richardson, McBrien, Harris, Little, Gibson, Parker and Ciavola all not playing. Only Parker and Ciavola will come back in though. Will be tough at the selection table.

Was a great win for the club, especially considering were the club was at about 3 years ago when it almost folded and couldnt win games. Chicken and Onion have a done great job at the club to get them up into the finals and then finally come away with a win.

Spoke to a few boys who were at the game and they said epping butchered the ball, but if you look at the scores you would have thought that watsy could have won by more. Great win by watsy as they had richo,mcbrian,little,parker,harro and ciavola out.

And Macleod I heard that preston was muddy in the middle but lalor is apparently a bog heap so bring your long stops next saturday. You would think if watsy get those blokes back and the weather and the ground stay the same then again it could be anyones game.

Hulk mate what happened??

Unfortunately Mase your mail was pretty accurate - credit to Watsonia, at the end of the day they were the winners. There were a number of occasions where skills let us down and what would have been a forward thrust for us quickly became a turnover with Wats streaming forward.

The ground was a bog heap and that did not help (not an excuse) and any rain in the week bring the old fashioned mud stops for sure.

Gut wrenching for Habers and Chopper in particular to have to stand on the sidelines and watch in a game that would be in their element.

1 other reason Wats won - Palidino - ran all day and continually won the ball in the middle and around the packs.

Great win for Watsy maso... The conditions probably helped alot though. If Eccles had of kicked straight, we would have won by more. He ended up with 2.6. Kicked the one that counted though.. The ground wasnt in the best condition. B.Richardson, D.Richardson, McBrien, Harris, Little, Gibson, Parker and Ciavola all not playing. Only Parker and Ciavola will come back in though. Will be tough at the selection table.

Was a great win for the club, especially considering were the club was at about 3 years ago when it almost folded and couldnt win games. Chicken and Onion have a done great job at the club to get them up into the finals and then finally come away with a win.

surely you should get chicken to throw on the boots this week, his in the best 22 by a mile and will definately be VERY handy if he plays?

my point is that each side( every sidein every game) could have fielded a much better side if it wasn't for injury, i just don't get why clubs after a win, in this case a one point win , can't just say well done good luck without loading up with this other shite about injuries and form slumps - a bit of humility every now and then

to name players that didnt play for one reason or another is just saying that the team (no matter what club it is) has deepth and room for improvment. on macleods game yesterday there is plenty of room for improvment and the players that were not playing would defianyly inprove our side. i think thats what people try to get accross when stating players that did not play.

in a 1 point win you cant say that clearly the better side won. Full credit to macleod they were up when it counted. Mernda will be a very good side over the next few years and will no doubt come back next year hungry to take the next the next step. They proved today, and a few weeks ago against whitlesea that they can match with the big boys in the comp. they also now have Shelton, Thorneytcroft, Anderson and numerouse others having a season of senior football under there belts. Must agree that the umps were disgracefully inconsistant today. Both times weve played macloed this year puffa seems to have his own set of rules, with frees he recieves and also the pushes that arnt called, but thats football and you cant dwell on it. best on ground for mernda would be rees, doevan and shelton.

Hrmmm some would say the same thing about P.Curran.And i know this issue has been discussed alot and i think he is a great player but he seems to intimidate even umpires who refuse to pay against him

Gut wrenching for Habers and Chopper in particular to have to stand on the sidelines and watch in a game that would be in their element.
Not to mention Longy and Thomo (who had his cheek & eye socket broken 2 weeks ago by Vangelli :mad::(.

Also lost Frank Carlucci with a horrible broken ankle/leg (similar to Nathan Brown) in the last 1/4.

As for the crowd we had more people at the West Heielberg game.
Poeple dont want to catch trains to Preston and with only two hour parking they dont want to pay parking fines.
Wake up NFL with Epping and Whittlesea ovals both better than Prestons and they are both NFL Members why do you want to pay Preston?:confused:[/quote]

Metlink had the train lines closed on the Epping Line due to track upgrades this weekend as well.

are watsonia a chance to make the grand final, if they get these players back? even better, can they win it?

Settle down you nuff...they won an elimination final not a prelim..and for any1 about to remind me about lalor last year they were a much more quality side than watsy.But good luck to them and i wish them all the best

What is going on with finals being played at that ground??? They may have good facilities, but surely there are grounds in far better condition. Didnt make for a great spectacle!!!

Not to mention Longy and Thomo (who had his cheek & eye socket broken 2 weeks ago by Vangelli :mad::(.

Also lost Frank Carlucci with a horrible broken ankle/leg (similar to Nathan Brown) in the last 1/4.

g.i.g-what was the incident between vangeli and thommo? what happened? was it intentional?

Couldn't of happened to a better bloke. Wonder if he is still getting that $400 a game that he kept telling us about!

I've been told by an unbiased person at the game that it was a clean hip & shoulder. Apparently thommo's eye socket caught right on the point of vangeli's shoulder.

I also heard that Vanga and Haysey teared Epping apart on the w/e. Anyone confirm this?? Must of been hard for the old Epping crew watching so many ex-blues beat them this year.

Heartbreak for mernda seniors today. Lead changing all day. Scores level for much of the last only to go down by a solitary point. Again the umpiring was a sore point. I don't think they went either way but certainly were terrible. The 2nds survived a scare winning by a point. Watsy getting over epping makes our loss a little more bearable I guess but it was still shattering to go that close to the form team of the comp and go down....

Why does Epping losing make your loss more bearable - are you still so bitter and vindictive that like a little girl you take solace in someone else's pain rather than being disappointed for your own club and teammates....

So worried about what is happening to others who I would suggest had nothing to do with your supposed bad treatment - move on - its pathetic...

Can't comment on the intention but it was a head high bump/elbow off the ball which was not seen by the umpires (when questioned by a couple of Epping players).

Vangelli apologised to Thomo. Not enough evidence available to support an investigation though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does Epping losing make your loss more bearable - are you still so bitter and vindictive that like a little girl you take solace in someone else's pain rather than being disappointed for your own club and teammates....

So worried about what is happening to others who I would suggest had nothing to do with your supposed bad treatment - move on - its pathetic...

My team is still in the finals race mate. A very very good finals race by the looks of things. Any of the final 4 can easily take the chocolates.

And for the record, I took great solace in seeing Watsy get up. It made me feel all giddy!

If everything goes to plan We will meet Epping again this year. Ill be sure to come and see you Joe and we can have a heart to heart :D:D

My team is still in the finals race mate. A very very good finals race by the looks of things. Any of the final 4 can easily take the chocolates.

And for the record, I took great solace in seeing Watsy get up. It made me feel all giddy!

If everything goes to plan We will meet Epping again this year. Ill be sure to come and see you Joe and we can have a heart to heart :D:D
Be careful what ya say moose:thumbsu:

I dont recall saying anything about the Mernda 2's and more to the point your comment actually means nothing ...

I'll introduce myself after the game - assuming all goes to plan...

What can I say the apple dosent fall far from the tree?

Couldn't of happened to a better bloke. Wonder if he is still getting that $400 a game that he kept telling us about!

I've been told by an unbiased person at the game that it was a clean hip & shoulder. Apparently thommo's eye socket caught right on the point of vangeli's shoulder.

I also heard that Vanga and Haysey teared Epping apart on the w/e. Anyone confirm this?? Must of been hard for the old Epping crew watching so many ex-blues beat them this year.

Paladino, Hay and Vangeli all key players in Watsonias win

Paladino, Hay and Vangeli all key players in Watsonias win

Yeh i was at the game and all those boys were good, 9 from watsy Byrne i think changed the game in the second quater with a few goals. it was great to see a few old epping boys turn the game, and stick it up the epping crowd, which are all a bunch of sucks. Tarrant keep willits borderline kickless, got one of his goals from a free kick down field.....go Wats!!!

Macleod -v- Mernda
The umpiring was a disgrace. The only positive to come out of
it was the Kevin Crompton was a witness to it and they shouldn't
get another game at this level.
If Macleod had lost, who knows what may have happened.
Noted upon the siren sounding that they were quickly ushered off
the ground within 10 seconds to avoid the potential backlash.
Listening to the call on 88.6 fm, they too were scratching
their heads in amazement.

1 umpire in particular made it well known that Andy Bennett
wasn't going to get a free kick all game. Absolute dumbfounded
by his performance

Macleod -v- Mernda
The umpiring was a disgrace. The only positive to come out of
it was the Kevin Crompton was a witness to it and they shouldn't
get another game at this level.
If Macleod had lost, who knows what may have happened.
Noted upon the siren sounding that they were quickly ushered off
the ground within 10 seconds to avoid the potential backlash.
Listening to the call on 88.6 fm, they too were scratching
their heads in amazement.

1 umpire in particular made it well known that Andy Bennett
wasn't going to get a free kick all game. Absolute dumbfounded
by his performance

What bs
poor macleod again - what a bunch of victims you lot are !
the umpires made mistakes for both sides
" if macleod lost , who knows what might have happened"
what were you going to do - open and close your umbrellas in unison, give me a break
"the potential backlash" - ssssssssstop it !!

andy bennett gets more protection than an eighteen year olds willy!

you blokes are so far up yourselves it might just be your undoing again....

What bs
poor macleod again - what a bunch of victims you lot are !
the umpires made mistakes for both sides
" if macleod lost , who knows what might have happened"
what were you going to do - open and close your umbrellas in unison, give me a break
"the potential backlash" - ssssssssstop it !!

andy bennett gets more protection than an eighteen year olds willy!

you blokes are so far up yourselves it might just be your undoing again....

You must be the umpire I'm talking about.

Up ourselves ? Just like Rees had a shot from 35 out with 1 minute
to go on the clock ? I think I counted at least 10 Mernda players
with their arms in the air in triumph as the ball fell short in the goal
square. ;)

Umpiring was bad for bad sides, but we got the worse end
of the deal mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back