Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the game between parkside and thommo today. good intensity from both sides however thommo's clean use with the ball is why they won and won by 13 goals.

on a side note i have read alot about Calafiore in the past weeks (including the spelling of his name) and remember him now from the last couple of years. he certainly isn't as good as what ppl get on hear and say he is. yes he is quick off the mark however anyone with a bit of mongrel in them can easily stop him as he certainly isn't a hard ball getter.

jacka: u would have to right the most $hit on this thing its not funny. Calafiore is 21 yrs old and 3rd in the Goal kicking in the competition, 3 goals off 1st. I wouldn't judge someone on 1 game of football. ill admit he did have an off day but I think seeing as Thomastown won by 10 goals and he has proven to be one of the best forwards in the competition we can excuse him from that as we know what he is capable of. :D

Calla is a good player but the other poster was right when he said he doesn't like the hard stuff. Although he did kick 9 on me one day playing him in u15s....

jacka: u would have to right the most $hit on this thing its not funny. Calafiore is 21 yrs old and 3rd in the Goal kicking in the competition, 3 goals off 1st. I wouldn't judge someone on 1 game of football. ill admit he did have an off day but I think seeing as Thomastown won by 10 goals and he has proven to be one of the best forwards in the competition we can excuse him from that as we know what he is capable of. :D

I have seen him play a few games. he def doesn't like the hard stuff and it is pretty easy to control a forward that only really has pace on their side. im sure opposing teams will start to play someone with mongrel on him to shut his skirt game down. however he would only get the second or third best backmen anyway as the best backmen would go to the full forward as he actually takes a decent grab and has a dip, so once again proving calafiore isn't really as good as what some ppl on here rate him.

Punching over the fence?
The fight may have been near the fence and even spilled over through the gates into the crowd but I don't remember any crowd members throwing cut-lunches.

yeh but then again you cant see everything especially when your playing.... dont worry the watsonia supporters and players saw it and thats the reason most wanted nothing to do with your club on saturday. As for the reserves game incident that was dealt with by the nfl and the player was punished.

Calla is a good player but the other poster was right when he said he doesn't like the hard stuff. Although he did kick 9 on me one day playing him in u15s....

I have seen him play a few games. he def doesn't like the hard stuff and it is pretty easy to control a forward that only really has pace on their side. im sure opposing teams will start to play someone with mongrel on him to shut his skirt game down. however he would only get the second or third best backmen anyway as the best backmen would go to the full forward as he actually takes a decent grab and has a dip, so once again proving calafiore isn't really as good as what some ppl on here rate him.

ok fellas. maybe he doesnt like the hard stuff like a luke ball from st kilda but him being hard isnt why the coach plays him on game day. The coach plays him on game day to kick some goals which he does on a consistent basis. no one has ever said he is the hardest bloke going around. He is easily the best forward pocket going around in the comp hence the reason why he has kicked so many goals this year. :thumbsu:

Yet again all the talk on this forum centers on anything but the on field results. Rather than add to what is already a meaningless discussion I am going to talk about something foreign to a lot of you....the weekend results.
We took on the boys from the Lakes on the weekend and had a great result. Our half time lead of 6 goals was not indicative of the hard work we were putting in. An 8 goal 3rd term put the game beyond any doubt and it was a great 4 quarter effort from the lads. Better players for the home side were Gray, Brown and Klaromenos. Whilst for the Macleod boys, Lovett for his 8 goals, Cottier and Andy Bennett.

LL Moose - Anything to report from Mernda?

GHOST - Did you head out to see Thomastown?

Yet again all the talk on this forum centers on anything but the on field results. Rather than add to what is already a meaningless discussion I am going to talk about something foreign to a lot of you....the weekend results.
We took on the boys from the Lakes on the weekend and had a great result. Our half time lead of 6 goals was not indicative of the hard work we were putting in. An 8 goal 3rd term put the game beyond any doubt and it was a great 4 quarter effort from the lads. Better players for the home side were Gray, Brown and Klaromenos. Whilst for the Macleod boys, Lovett for his 8 goals, Cottier and Andy Bennett.

LL Moose - Anything to report from Mernda?

GHOST - Did you head out to see Thomastown?

IM with you cleod was at the game !

We tried hard just class in the end I thought cottier and bennett played super games !
Can you guys win it ?

BIGMAN - In what is turning out to be a very even year I think any number of sides are in with a real chance this year. Of those, I believe the Clouders are one of those. It will be an interesting finals series.

JACKAL & BOMBERS FLY UP - How about sticking to talking about football rather than bagging players

Final squad for the interleague game this Saturday, on the nfl website.

WILLITTS AARON EPPING
HOLLOW BRAD EPPING
BAMBLETT LES FITZROY STARS
LATSAS NICK HEIDELBERG WEST
EERHARD LANCE HEIDELBERG WEST
BAILLIE JOEL HURSTBRIDGE
CATTOGGIO LEIGH HURSTBRIDGE
KNEE ANDY LOWER PLENTY
BARDEN BILLY LOWER PLENTY
FLANNERY DYLAN LOWER PLENTY
SHAW KANE MACLEOD
BENNETT ANDREW MACLEOD
COTTIER BRENDAN MACLEOD
BENNETT JEREMY MACLEOD
NANKERVIS DANIEL MACLEOD
DOEVEN PHIL MERNDA
PARKINSON ROBERT PANTON HILL
TENNANT SHANE SOUTH MORANG
COGHILL DANIEL SOUTH MORANG
COLLINS ROCKY THOMASTOWN
CALAFIORE ANTHONY THOMASTOWN
ABELA JASON THOMASTOWN
FOLINO DAVID THOMASTOWN
HOGG TONY WATSONIA
JINNETTE TROY WHITTLESEA
TOLL BRENT WHITTLESEA

BIGMAN - In what is turning out to be a very even year I think any number of sides are in with a real chance this year. Of those, I believe the Clouders are one of those. It will be an interesting finals series.

JACKAL & BOMBERS FLY UP - How about sticking to talking about football rather than bagging players

shut up u goose! ill talk about wat eva i want. im not gonna talk about wat eva ON CLEOD 9 wants to talk about.

G'day Cleod: Good to get the forum back to talking about football rather than other issues.
Watched the Parkside vs Thomastown game and the first quarter was very entertaining. However, that is about as close as Parkside came for the match, with Thomastown drawing away to record an easy victory. Parkside's better players were Hockey, Ross and Davies. For the home side, Bonacci, Barrack, Wall and Petcoughski were the better players.

Got the opportunity to meet the NFL media manager, Kirsten, during the course of the day and it is good to see her getting around to try and see as many of the clubs as possible.

Terry Paterson a Lower Plenty Legend lost his brave fight with illness today at 2.49pm. Terry fulfilled every role imaginable at Lower Plenty and whilst facing the greatest of battles, still managed to display the passion and commitment that he was renowned and admired for by all who knew him. I first met Terry back in 1996 when I was involved at Research Juniors and the affillliation began with Lower Plenty. Terry was a huge reason behind the great relationship the two clubs now enjoy and the passion of Terry towards this relationship is available for all to witness in the great Research talent on display at Lower Plenty.

Terry, although your brave fight has come to and end, your inspiration and passion will live on.

shut up u goose! ill talk about wat eva i want. im not gonna talk about wat eva ON CLEOD 9 wants to talk about.

i agree, it's a forum to discuss the 2nd div of the NFL and all aspects of it. if ya don't like it don't get on here.

moose can u send cloud 9 some tissues pls:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can talk about anything you like in this topic as long as it relates to NFL Divvy 2. Whether it be on or off the field. As long as it relates to the topic I won't delete or edit.

No real news from Mernda. Training has definately picked up lately and we are finally getting a relatively full squad on the field on saturdays. I reckon it was about 3 degrees in mernda tonight not to mention the bloody fog... Im already over winter...

if the nfl was serious about this inter league game wouldnt they pick the best possible side and not give all sides the opportunity to be represented..

players selected in last years team were automatically added to squad, what about form???

hope we put up a good showing and dont get polaxed....

Terry Paterson a Lower Plenty Legend lost his brave fight with illness today at 2.49pm. Terry fulfilled every role imaginable at Lower Plenty and whilst facing the greatest of battles, still managed to display the passion and commitment that he was renowned and admired for by all who knew him. I first met Terry back in 1996 when I was involved at Research Juniors and the affillliation began with Lower Plenty. Terry was a huge reason behind the great relationship the two clubs now enjoy and the passion of Terry towards this relationship is available for all to witness in the great Research talent on display at Lower Plenty.

Terry, although your brave fight has come to and end, your inspiration and passion will live on.

brutal, thanks for informing the wider community of terry's passing. i only met him on a couple of occassions and he seemed a genuine football person.
condolances to his family and the lower plenty club.

i remember this like it was yesterday. attempted to go into the rooms, which was the same day the incidents occured, and we were told by several lower blokes to ____ off you're not welcome here. no-one ever said that what happened in the reserves was acceptable and neither was the lower crowd punching 19s players over the fence either in the game after the seniors. a few of those players involved from the 19s of watsy attempted to get into the rooms for a beer and were not welcome.

That is absolute rubbish, i was there amongst that crowd that day and sure the fight was close to the fence but no players threw punches over the fence unlike one of ur players who did that earlier on the same day.

Now that we are half way through the season, how do people see the ladder unfolding??

1. Thomastown - 17-1 - 68
2. Whittlesea - 16-2 - 64
3. Watsonia - 14-4 - 56
4. Macloed - 13-5 - 52
5. Lower Plenty - 11-7 - 48
6. Epping - 11-7 - 48
------------------------------
7. Fitzroy Stars - 10-8 - 44
8. Mernda - 9-9 - 40
------------------------------
9. Parkside - 7-11 - 32
10. Hurstbridge - 7-11 - 32
11. South Morang - 6-12 - 28
12. Panton Hill - 3-15 - 12
13. Reservoir - 1-17 - 4
14. Heidelberg West 1-17 - 4

I am hoping for a few upsets to put the Stars into the top 6.

BOMBERS: Im not telling you to talk about whatever I want. I just find it pretty funny how blokes like you bag players without actually revealing who you are...I am guaranteeing that you are someone who doesn't even play and likes to criticise blokes from the sidelines without actually ever pulling on a pair of boots.

BOMBERS: Im not telling you to talk about whatever I want. I just find it pretty funny how blokes like you bag players without actually revealing who you are...I am guaranteeing that you are someone who doesn't even play and likes to criticise blokes from the sidelines without actually ever pulling on a pair of boots.

oh mate great guess, thats exactly who i am.:thumbsu:
are you a player? mate well done, i idiolise you!:D
maybe if you actually read what was said, we were having a conversation about a certain player in the league-(footy related). i was actually defending a player so maybe u should get off cleod 9 buddy.:thumbsu:

BOMBERS: I have to apologise. I read over your correspondence and have noted that you were defending the Thomastown player.
I was just trying to make the point that blokes who come onto this site and bag players are a little gutless because they inevitably hide behind anonymity by not revealing their actual name.

So do you play at Thomastown or are you just a supporter? I am an ex player at Macleod (only recently out of the game in the last few years) but still get to as many games as possible (unless the Pies are playing in a blockbuster).

I am with ya FS, hope there are a few upsets and both lower and macleod both miss.

Congrats to big Hoggy from the wats who after just 2 years of playing footy has made the inter league team. Gave Tennant a bath a few weeks back and is clearly the no.1 ruckman in divvy 2......bit biased of course, before anyone jumps down my throat with a response.

Great bloke and a real talent. Good luck mate.

yeh not paying much to this weeks inter league game! doesnt help when the best players are not picked! ive tried really hard to get around 2 heid west players getting in ..sorry no offence i just cant!

In saying that good luck to players who deserve their spots ! I see the divvy 1 team also will not be with best players! eg M. McGoth , J Murphy, etc

NFL needs to either to send out a message its serious about the game or not waste peoples times with games which would resemble a club teams playing with good players and some ordinary players in teams!

That is absolute rubbish, i was there amongst that crowd that day and sure the fight was close to the fence but no players threw punches over the fence unlike one of ur players who did that earlier on the same day.

i was an under 19 player that night and was grabbed by the jumper by one lower supporter and pulled closed to the fence and copped a cheap one, nothing too extreme but still shit form.. im sure other players would say the same thing, prehaps some of your players last year, and as i said i do not agree with what happend earlier in the reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back