Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done EPPING the big heads have been beat .
How was the their coach underpressure was his big head self?
Nobody at Whittlesea is big headed buddy.
Epping today were just too good. Ran harder. played smarter. were more polished with their dispoals and deserved the win.

well done to epping today on beating whittleasea! looks to be a massive win! and a bit of a wake up call to whittleasea maybe?
Big wake up call.

Ventured out to see Mernda play host to Thomastown. Mernda gave plenty of cheek early in the contest and, to their credit, were right in the contest at half time. However, an 8 goal blitz in the 3rd quarter put to rest any thoughts of an upset. Better players for the home team were Patty Curran, Shelton and Douglas. Whilst for Thoamstown, their better players were Rackoraci, Abela, Felineo, and Spewroski.

Interesting turn up at the Epping/Whittlesea game....certainly opens the competition right up.

Finally, special thanks to Gus and co at the Mernda pub...your hospitality is always appreciated

Ventured out to see Mernda play host to Thomastown. Mernda gave plenty of cheek early in the contest and, to their credit, were right in the contest at half time. However, an 8 goal blitz in the 3rd quarter put to rest any thoughts of an upset. Better players for the home team were Patty Curran, Shelton and Douglas. Whilst for Thoamstown, their better players were Rackoraci, Abela, Felineo, and Spewroski.

Interesting turn up at the Epping/Whittlesea game....certainly opens the competition right up.

Finally, special thanks to Gus and co at the Mernda pub...your hospitality is always appreciated
surprise surprise ...that you wre at a thommo game Ghost.
Gus always puts on a good spread & always welcomes all to his establishment (hic )
btw how did you guys go ???

Glad you liked the hospitality Ghost. Would of said hello if I knew you were around. I had a shitter of a day, dropped myself back to the magoo's and struggled for a kick.... Our ones put up a good fight, only the one quarter costing us in the end. We were pretty much even for 3/4 of it. One thing I have to say, although im a little biased D. Fitzpatrick would have to be one of the worst umpires going around at the moment. He gave thommo 5 goals directly from free kicks. Im not saying it was the difference because credit is due to thommo they are a classy outfit but Danny Fitzpatrick was terrible at best.

Big win for Epping, they have hit the ground running since the loss to us and are looking at a big year.

Why would it worry you that puffer pulled on the boots for a second time this year? Good on him. However there may be a young gun who wishes to return to the KENNEL from the EDFL but realises he is not required there, and may even look to Macleod. I think puffer knows who he is and if he is required, please try to encourage him to go to your team. Puffer, I think you know who I am. He may even contact you soon. Could make the world of difference at Macleod and maybe his parents will watch him play, not that they need encouraging. Also, the northern suburbs is closer.

Puffer plays kicks 8. MaCleod win by 20. Not having a crack here but fail to see the point in Puffer playing! Reminds me of Terry Keys playing at Hursty when they won the flag, was all great as he kicked 7 in the granny and inspired them to a win but history tells us he was never going to assist them in div 1. Does Puffer pulling on the boots assist his coaching record more than the club pushing forward? Macleod have a fantastic list of young talent, what are the reasons for Puffer comeing out of retirement? What purpose does this serve? We all know Puffer could still trouble most defences going around, he has nothing to prove, he`s not going to be part of a div 1 Macleod side so what is the development gain for the team by him playing? As I have said not being a smart arse or anything, just poseing the question.

i dont think its any big secret that without puffa or lynchy macleod doesnt have a full forward.
but puffa has tryed to make one out of one of the young boys we have down there and it showed in the 3 games we have lost that they just arnt up to holding down that very important and key position yet. and that is why i think puff has decided to pull on the boots again.
and what him playing does to macleod is not only help us kick a winning score but give the whole team some direction. without him i think we struggling going forward and really dont have alot to kick to up forward at the moment. (we will in the future with one of these boys. i have no doubt about that) but with him there in the forward line we just have a big strong body to kick to who is always going to make a contest at the least. and he brings all the other forwards into the game. j.white today kicked 7. his a 17 year old and he fed off puffa alot today and played a brilliant game!
and having that confidence up forward, it just lifts the whole team! it lifts the midfeild and gives them confidence bringing the ball forward and lifts the backline when they see the forward line working the way it should.
puffa playing is only a short term solution i hear u there. it would be much better with lynchy in there or some1 else that is going to be around for years to come. but we dont have that this season so we need puffa in there not only to kick goals but to lift the hole team and give us some direction. he is also a brilliant leader out on the ground which also lifts us just that little bit more.
next season is a whole other story. no matter were we are playing we are going to need to recruit a full forward. but that is for next season. its only round 8 now so there is still a long way to go in this season. next season is still a long way away and alot can happen between now and then. so for now play on puffa! and lets worry about what we are ganna do about a full forward next season

. A proud history they have, picturesque location, dedicated if but few passionate people trying there best. All this in contrast to the mob accross the road, the cream of the crop, whose weekly player bill could probably fit 150 Heid West teams.

I missed that mate, are you suggesting the blowies have a prouder history than Heidelberg?

Well done Stars boys, it was great to win on the MCG. So many positives have already and will continue to come from this win.[/quote]YES WELL DONE BOYS, THE GAME IS ON TV IF YOU HAVE FOXTEL, ON CHANNEL 180 NITV IT SHOWING NOW, FROM 9AM TIL 10:30AM ALSO ON AGAIN AT 1PM SHOULD ALSO BE SHOWING DURING THE WEEK. AND COMMENTATED BY LUKE DARCY AND STAN COOMBES.

Ghost Whriter you couldnt fit number 5 in the best? played in the guts all day , kicked 5 , copped massive hits got up got on with it, best on ground by a country mile...

Stefan Berak #5 dominated. Kicked 4 or 5 and got about 25 possessions. Really tore us apart. Folino on the other hand I thought barely had an impact on the game. Anyone know whats happening with Rocky Collins this year?

Stefan Berak #5 dominated. Kicked 4 or 5 and got about 25 possessions. Really tore us apart. Folino on the other hand I thought barely had an impact on the game. Anyone know whats happening with Rocky Collins this year?

Agreed Moose "The Berak Show" was clearly best all day. Folino looked heavily tagged all game but still managed to break away alot of the day. I thought he was up there in the best aswell as Raaf. From what i hear Rocky is making good progress with his injury and hopefully he will be back shortly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the Stars back up nicely after beating Santa Teresa 17.14 (116) to 9.8 (62) on the MCG last night. Won both games (Reserves by 34 points and Seniors by 71) had a very understrengh side in this week because of injuries on the Saturday night and the soreness which most of our players experienced. 3 wins for the Fitzroy Stars Football Club in the 24 hours which the game on the MCG commenced and the Seniors game at Panton Hill came to an end.

Stefan Berak #5 dominated. Kicked 4 or 5 and got about 25 possessions. Really tore us apart. Folino on the other hand I thought barely had an impact on the game. Anyone know whats happening with Rocky Collins this year?[/quote]

Moose, Rocky injured himself in i think round 2, fracturing a bone in his ankle or foot, something along those lines. However has been back on the training track for the last 2 weeks and is hoping to make a comeback against parkside this week in order to get himself right for the rep game and then the big rd10 clash v whittlesea.

Thomastown must now be seen as flag favourites with Rocky back this week we will smash parkside and look forward to playing whittlesea 2 weeks later.From all reports whittlesea were out coached against Epping and they will have to turn things around very quick before coming up against Dean and the best coaching staff in the comp.

Why would it worry you that puffer pulled on the boots for a second time this year? Good on him. However there may be a young gun who wishes to return to the KENNEL from the EDFL but realises he is not required there, and may even look to Macleod. I think puffer knows who he is and if he is required, please try to encourage him to go to your team. Puffer, I think you know who I am. He may even contact you soon. Could make the world of difference at Macleod and maybe his parents will watch him play, not that they need encouraging. Also, the northern suburbs is closer.

I`m guessing you`re talking about Saul Caddy whom apparently is wanting to go back to Nth. I heard he was at the game v Diamo on Saturday with Brent Harvey, apparently would have to pay $6k to get clearance.

I`m guessing you`re talking about Saul Caddy whom apparently is wanting to go back to Nth. I heard he was at the game v Diamo on Saturday with Brent Harvey, apparently would have to pay $6k to get clearance.

Oh i thought he may have been talking about kyl Ewart??? who is now playing in the edfl

Thomastown must now be seen as flag favourites with Rocky back this week we will smash parkside and look forward to playing whittlesea 2 weeks later.From all reports whittlesea were out coached against Epping and they will have to turn things around very quick before coming up against Dean and the best coaching staff in the comp.

Certainly not outcoached just outplayed, the coach cant make players faster,epping were just too pacy and hit targets

Glad you liked the hospitality Ghost. Would of said hello if I knew you were around. I had a shitter of a day, dropped myself back to the magoo's and struggled for a kick.... Our ones put up a good fight, only the one quarter costing us in the end. We were pretty much even for 3/4 of it. One thing I have to say, although im a little biased D. Fitzpatrick would have to be one of the worst umpires going around at the moment. He gave thommo 5 goals directly from free kicks. Im not saying it was the difference because credit is due to thommo they are a classy outfit but Danny Fitzpatrick was terrible at best.

Big win for Epping, they have hit the ground running since the loss to us and are looking at a big year.

Danny Fitzpatrick was clearly the better umpire on the day the free kick count in the first quarter just by the other so called umpire was 13 frees to mernda compared to 1 to t/town if some mernda players just played football instead of trying to cause fights they would be a better side.

guys i think guys like jimmy jab over here are not from the clubs they speak about and are here to cause rifts ! Thomastown definately dont think theyll smash parkside ! havent heard anyone mention it! so jimmy just piss off and speak some truth!

epping seem to be hitting their straps! good for the comp!

guys i think guys like jimmy jab over here are not from the clubs they speak about and are here to cause rifts ! Thomastown definately dont think theyll smash parkside ! havent heard anyone mention it! so jimmy just piss off and speak some truth!

epping seem to be hitting their straps! good for the comp!
Rocky will be back and we will smash Parkside check the scores next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back