Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make top 2 next year you will need $, your players to do a Full pre-season, pick up a couple of new players and not loose to many current players, a good coaching panel, few injurys and most of all $$$$$$$

What about focus, drive, hunger & discipline ?
I think these attributes should be included in your criteria.

Agree. Been that way for years now.
Unless the club is playing in Div 3, $$$$$$ will the determining factor of ladder position. Heart and passion will determine premierships.
And it is only growing by the year.

My mail is that N.Lynch shall be overseas for couple of months. If he returns, he will miss a bit of pre-season (not that it would effect him too much). Also I'd like to think he would return to MaCleod, however I feel he will move on. For MaCleod's sake, I hope it's not next year.

As stated with Snorta earlier this year, I believe Parkside shall have some very handy inclusions for their team list next year. Some Div 1 players making their way there.

Thommo, I have heard, are again trying to lure Big Red's older, littler brother to the cave.

I shall keep my ear close to the ground on Reservoir as well as H.West. I would be very interested to see what kind of team these clubs put on the park, if at all.
I shall watch Mernda with interest, because notoriously the Devils are slow starters to the season, and it has cost them at seasons end the past couple of year. That is in relation to their ladder position. Get Doovy, and Rees to put in a good pre-season, along with Shelts and Drakes', and it should set you in good stead for a start. Rod, you need a good pre-season, however only so you can play good 2's footy. Your gf's younger bro pulling on the red n blue next year?

Fitzroy Stars I shall also be keeping the eagle eye on. Will Tindara make his way there for next year. What a shame his footy has taken in the past 12 months. From roving to the first tap of M.Kruezer, to playing a cameo role in a forward line of the P.Bullants U/17's. Will the Stars be able to attract the likes of the Edwards gents back? Bit of a kick in the teeth what happened with them at the start of the year. I am sure they will be welcomed back into the fold.

I heard that St Mary`s may take over Heid West. Anyone else hear that one?

Agree. Been that way for years now.
Unless the club is playing in Div 3, $$$$$$ will the determining factor of ladder position. Heart and passion will determine premierships.
And it is only growing by the year.

My mail is that N.Lynch shall be overseas for couple of months. If he returns, he will miss a bit of pre-season (not that it would effect him too much). Also I'd like to think he would return to MaCleod, however I feel he will move on. For MaCleod's sake, I hope it's not next year.

As stated with Snorta earlier this year, I believe Parkside shall have some very handy inclusions for their team list next year. Some Div 1 players making their way there.

Thommo, I have heard, are again trying to lure Big Red's older, littler brother to the cave.

I shall keep my ear close to the ground on Reservoir as well as H.West. I would be very interested to see what kind of team these clubs put on the park, if at all.

I shall watch Mernda with interest, because notoriously the Devils are slow starters to the season, and it has cost them at seasons end the past couple of year. That is in relation to their ladder position. Get Doovy, and Rees to put in a good pre-season, along with Shelts and Drakes', and it should set you in good stead for a start. Rod, you need a good pre-season, however only so you can play good 2's footy. Your gf's younger bro pulling on the red n blue next year?

Fitzroy Stars I shall also be keeping the eagle eye on. Will Tindara make his way there for next year. What a shame his footy has taken in the past 12 months. From roving to the first tap of M.Kruezer, to playing a cameo role in a forward line of the P.Bullants U/17's. Will the Stars be able to attract the likes of the Edwards gents back? Bit of a kick in the teeth what happened with them at the start of the year. I am sure they will be welcomed back into the fold.

i think that you will find that Hoody is still at the knights. he went back mid season to the bullants due to fatigue and to enjoy the football again.

he continued to train after last year's prelim loss at knights and didn't give his body a rest and that had taken a big toll on him mentally and physically.

fitzroy stars will win a flag in the next 2-3 years. if they pick the blokes up that i have heard are going there. They will be a force next year

fitzroy stars will win a flag in the next 2-3 years. if they pick the blokes up that i have heard are going there. They will be a force next year

If they get most of the team doing a pre-season they would be up there with the blokes they had this year. they have the talent, just need the legs/fitness. but obviously need to recruit to stand a chance.

Have been mildly amused/bemused by all the comments re Macleod's grand final loss. We've been accused of being w***ers/chokers/arrogant so and so's which unless you are involved at the coalface (ie, a coach, player, committeeman) you'd have absolutely no idea of what our club is about. FACT: we lost our third grand final in a row and it bloody well hurts. FACT: Thomastown were too good for us, particularly in the second quarter and they deserved their victory. FACT: we'll reload, get back on the horse and and steel ourselves for another crack. Nothing is a given in this game but in mid-November when we resume training I can guarantee people like Puffa, Dekka, his son Kane will be busting their butts to get us to go one better. Why? Because they are good people, they detest losing and Kane, who was a deserved winner of our B&F last week, is gutted by our recent loss. But there is a lot of energy about the place...new sponsors, a couple of big signings and more kids coming out of the Macleod Junior Football Club which has been our lifeline over the past 10 years. I'll stand corrected but if there is a better junior club in our area than MJFC I'll go he. We're looking forward to a revamped second division, renewing our rivalry with Diamond Creek, seeing how Fitzroy Stars go (they are the side to watch and great to see the doco on the ABC about them) and, above all, just loving our local footy!

Hello to all those BF nuts out there.

In case you were wondering if I was away sulking after the Grand Final loss, the truth is that I left for Queensland on holiday for a couple of weeks.

So here I am catching up on what has been said and the thing that stands out most is who won Whittlesea's B&F....like who gives a sh!t?

I won't touch on the Grand Final too much (that has been done to death) but, like so many have pointed out, we were simply outgunned by a beter side. Some may call it choking, though I can't fathom that argument given we fnished 3rd and had to win 3 finals just to play off.

GHOST: I made good on my bet and was eating humble pie. Your boys were simply too good and enjoy Divvy 1.

The disappointing thing to come out of Grand Final day was Dean Sinclair's weak effort in not running around Cramer Street with cup in hand like a few close to him at Thommo suggested he was going to do.

And I couldn't quite understand the laughs that a few had when they said they were surprised to see Dean get up to accept his premiership medal with his shirt on...can someon please explain? Does he think he is a he-man or something??

interesting rumours regarding the dcreek.

I play for the club, and although i dont get too much reliable information, our jewish captain of '08 has informed me that chris taylor (ex bullants 2s captain) will have an assitant coaches role.

I am also of the belief that they have signed grimes full time, luke simpson full time and chivers and j.smith will be back full time. All have previoulsy played at the knights/bullants.

New ground/clubrooms means the joint will be pretty schmick by next yr.

any other rumours?

I am sure Whit, complete with his shocking lonsdale jacket, will be busy stirring blokes up on his phone trying to get a few more down.

To Cleod 09, yes I do think you went off sulking, how's your liver.............

And who gives a sh!t what you think anyway, Go Eagles in 2009..........

Here that Terry Keays has been told he is no longer required as ass coach at eagles rumour is that he was rather disliked by all and sundry except the coach,dont know just a rumour does anyone know?

Here that Terry Keays has been told he is no longer required as ass coach at eagles rumour is that he was rather disliked by all and sundry except the coach,dont know just a rumour does anyone know?

Who cares really, heard he just stood there and bagged players, never tried to assist them as he was there to do...

Who is gone the original question was Tery Keays is that what you meant and l think the ex morang players would much rather be called Whittlesea players and l think they would all stay from all reports they are all happy at whitt and whether peter bugden stays or go's they will not leave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is gone the original question was Tery Keays is that what you meant and l think the ex morang players would much rather be called Whittlesea players and l think they would all stay from all reports they are all happy at whitt and whether peter bugden stays or go's they will not leave

Yeh i know they all preffer to be called that, but no one seems to do they...? Im not sure about the other players, i was just commenting on the ex morang. And im not sure if terry is gone, but it would be better for the club. And as for the bug, its up to whittlesea, by the end of the season and heading in to the finals, the players didnt want to play under him, and if players are going to leave if he stays, you dont want what happend to morang and end up in div 3... Hes coaching ways did not suite whittlesea, and i dont think it would suite any club in nfl div 2. This is not afl.

It has been a while between drinks and I am still recovering from what has been a hectic few weeks, topped off by a massive footy trip.

CLEOD: Good to see you eventually crawl out from under that rock. Thanks again for the 6 pack, deep down I knew it was never in doubt.

Dean Sinclair's habit of collecting premiership medals without his shirt on started last year when Thomastown's Reserves team won the Grand Final. He claims to have the best abs at Thomastown and is a shoe in for the 2009 Man of Thomastown if you ask him.

Whilst Dean's antics after the siren were somewhat subdued at Cramer Street, he more than made up for it last week in Sydney...let's just say that people will never look at that fountain in the same way again.

is the bugs position is almost untennable now? whitt are definitely doing interviews for the coaching job, regardless of the old we have to advertize cause its in the constitution routine - clubs that are happy rarely bother to hold interviews and whitt are so.. me thinks at least a portion of the commitee aren't entirely happy - its too hard a job to do without support -it becomes a case of when not if

It has been a while between drinks and I am still recovering from what has been a hectic few weeks, topped off by a massive footy trip.

CLEOD: Good to see you eventually crawl out from under that rock. Thanks again for the 6 pack, deep down I knew it was never in doubt.

Dean Sinclair's habit of collecting premiership medals without his shirt on started last year when Thomastown's Reserves team won the Grand Final. He claims to have the best abs at Thomastown and is a shoe in for the 2009 Man of Thomastown if you ask him.

Whilst Dean's antics after the siren were somewhat subdued at Cramer Street, he more than made up for it last week in Sydney...let's just say that people will never look at that fountain in the same way again.
it was a pleasure to share our secret last night ghost...the coach was certainly suprised to say the least.
this is my last post as im hanging up the keyboard for good, some say i should the do the same with my footy too.
GREATJUDDS over and out!!!!

HHHOOO RRRAAA WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER :D:D

Can anyone from Fitzroy Stars tell me if they are def going to thornbury for next season?

There have been alot of different messages regarding the oval...Some say that we will be laying some artificial stuff, which would only take about 8 weeks to do, but other's have said that we will do it like any other ground, put in the sprinkler system and everything (There are alreaddy water tanks installed which we will tap into)...Popular oppinion is that we do it properly and we will be there in 2010 (Which im pretty sure will happen), the lights will go up another 7 metre's and more lights installed on the existing towers so that the ground will be light enough for night games...Also wouldnt be surprised if the dimensions of the ground are altered because its a massive oval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back