Northern Football League Division 2 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they lost veszpremi to bundoora which would be a massive loss.. dunno much about the rest but heard majority of last yearz 19z were looking elsewhere, source was there captain from last season

since we are talking shit and we are, here's my take on the season

1st
macleod - plus lynch-corr and watt

2nd
epping - got beat in a final on a bog heap prior to that were well on the up and would have played off in my opinion - if as the rumor mill suggests they have some talls then they might go close

3 rd
diamo - very fit - good coach - simpson and taylor - div one experience

4th
stars - a power forward who could take a pack grab would top them off

5th
whittlesea - united they stand divided they fall - simple as that

the rest can't win this year

That's not what I have heard. Heard they are struggling to get numbers at training and level of fitness is well below par.

they lost veszpremi to bundoora which would be a massive loss.. dunno much about the rest but heard majority of last yearz 19z were looking elsewhere, source was there captain from last season

People really love talking crap on this forum :) Numbers are good as is the Fitness, Vespa is a loss but isnt irreplacable , as I said we MAY have a under 19's team, as for the captain of the under 19's from last year if he turned up to games..... well thats a different story isnt it 53????

since we are talking shit and we are, here's my take on the season

1st
macleod - plus lynch-corr and watt

2nd
epping - got beat in a final on a bog heap prior to that were well on the up and would have played off in my opinion - if as the rumor mill suggests they have some talls then they might go close

3 rd
diamo - very fit - good coach - simpson and taylor - div one experience

4th
stars - a power forward who could take a pack grab would top them off

5th
whittlesea - united they stand divided they fall - simple as that

the rest can't win this year

Aren't you one off the loosing teams coach :confused:

As I have seen both play I must pagey hands down. HE WON A DIV 1 CLUBS BEST AND FAIREST LAST YEAR. ENOUGH SAID. On the other hand would like to see them have a drinking comp as both go real good.

That's not what I have heard. Heard they are struggling to get numbers at training and level of fitness is well below par.

shouldn't belive everything you hear especially around the numbers.

numbers are fine, will be able to field 2 sides and a few will miss out each week.

fielded 2 sides on the weekend v belmont and had 7 players (considered firsts players) who did not play.
there was also a handful of players who won't play first that didn't play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I have seen both play I must pagey hands down. HE WON A DIV 1 CLUBS BEST AND FAIREST LAST YEAR. ENOUGH SAID. On the other hand would like to see them have a drinking comp as both go real good.

Both gun ruckmen but wouldn't get close to Parkside's Trent Stonehouse in the drinking stakes

Mase, what a relief.. your alive!!

Bet nobody could match big Jez in a rockclimbing or roof hanging contest thats for sure. Guess we'll just have to wait til they match up before we can say who the better player is, quite happy to have our big fella though.

Morning lads,

Interesting discussion regarding the best ruckman in the comp.

Ill tell you right now if anyone has a better ruck division than creek ill eat my hat.

....Brad Phelan is back looking as fit as fiddle. Should have won a comp bandf 3 years ago and played some real solid footy in div one.
A fit phelan is the ebst ruckman in div 2.

Pete Hoggan, new recruit from northcote park can jump higher than steve hooker without the pole.

Richard Anstey spent the year rucking last yr in div one due to injuries and had a good yr, finishin third in our bandf. Will be used as an effective relief player off the bench in my humble opinion.

Nathan Grimes can also pinch hit when not kicking bags in the forward line.

really flying under the radar at the moment my boys at creek. People are writing us off because of our form towards the end of last yr but there will be blokes who played seniors in that last game against heidelberg who will struggle to get a game in the twos.

Smashed glenroy last week in the ones and twos and are hoping to do the same to templestowe tomorrow.

To be honest Kid, I have never seen Phelan play but a few people at mernda have told me that was the only time they have seen Doeven get comprehensively beaten when they played a few years back. Since then the big man has come along way so it will be interesting to see them go at it.

yeah mate he can play.

All this talk of macleod and their recruiting is making me sick. No one will have a better first 18 than diamo. No one.

yeah mate he can play.

All this talk of macleod and their recruiting is making me sick. No one will have a better first 18 than diamo. No one.

Please don't mention the M word (Macleod). They have their own seperate thread now. This forum has improved significantly since they started their own thread. We don't have to read their dribble day in day out. It was getting to the stage where every second post was about them.

Please don't mention the M word (Macleod). They have their own seperate thread now. This forum has improved significantly since they started their own thread. We don't have to read their dribble day in day out. It was getting to the stage where every second post was about them.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - lmao
You really think this thread has improved ?
Our ruckman is the best, no, our's is better......oh please

Club Fixture for Fitzroy Stars
DATE
TIME
VENUE/COURT

HOME TEAM

AWAY TEAM

18/04/09
14:10
Reservoir (2009 Division Two Seniors)

Reservoir
Vs
Fitzroy Stars

25/04/09
Victoria Park (2009 Division Two Seniors)

Fitzroy Stars
Vs
Parkside

02/05/09
Mernda (2009 Division Two Seniors)

Mernda
Vs
Fitzroy Stars

09/05/09

Fitzroy Stars
Vs
South Morang

16/05/09

Fitzroy Stars
Vs
Macleod

23/05/09

Fitzroy Stars
Vs
Epping

30/05/09
Hurstbridge High School (2009 Division Two Seniors)

Diamond Creek
Vs
Fitzroy Stars

06/06/09
Lower Plenty (2009 Division Two Seniors)

Lower Plenty
Vs
Fitzroy Stars

20/06/09
Panton Hill (2009 Division Two Seniors)

Panton Hill
Vs
Fitzroy Stars

27/06/09

Fitzroy Stars
Vs
Hurstbridge

04/07/09 14:10

Fitzroy Stars
Vs
Watsonia

11/07/09

Fitzroy Stars
Vs
Heidelberg West

19/07/09
Whittlesea (2009 Division Two Seniors)

Whittlesea
Vs
Fitzroy Stars

Guys not sure if its on the website!! I’ve just received the fixture!! first three rounds away, home @ Vic park against Parkside then away after that game its at Vic Park, 3 games in a row during May from the 2nd til 23rd then 3 games away then another 3 home at Vic Park from 27th June til 11th July then last game against Whittlesea away. FYI hope it makes some sense for yah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back