Northern Football League Division 2 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard the rumour that a few uncontracted eagles players are meeting with l/plenty officials next week for a chat -fact or fiction

“Nichols Bunton Cup”
Fitzroy Stars Football Club
Vs
Fitzroy Football Club
Saturday 28th March, 2009
Hall Reserve
Ramsden Street, Clifton Hill
12 PM
Best on ground for each club will recieve:
Fitzroy – Kevin Murray Medal
Fitzroy Stars – Chris Johnson Medal

Has anyone heard the rumour that a few uncontracted eagles players are meeting with l/plenty officials next week for a chat -fact or fiction
Went down to watch the two bears clash at thommo senior thommo side up and about and looked the goods to stay in divi 1 listen to Harmes talk to his bears they seemed to have a few on the sidelines but looked like rareing to go Thommo seniors by 3 goals reserves lower by 4 19s lower by 5 and yes in reply to loyalty heard some talk of that today.

Went down to watch the two bears clash at thommo senior thommo side up and about and looked the goods to stay in divi 1 listen to Harmes talk to his bears they seemed to have a few on the sidelines but looked like rareing to go Thommo seniors by 3 goals reserves lower by 4 19s lower by 5 and yes in reply to loyalty heard some talk of that today.

Lower had 10-12 unavailable due to Bucks turn on Saturday, don`t know if any of those ended up playing. Not a bad hitout if that many missing.

I hear that a Whittlesea player who has yet to be re-signed spoke with Lower Plenty tonight & could sign with them as early as this week.There are some other players at Whittlesea who have still not signed yet.

yeah good call macleod will wanna start now if they even wanna get close to the flag

Mate Hope you are around when they meet first up. There will be plenty of money from certain Macleod Supporters to back themselves. Think we are still miles in front from the day of shuffles. C U then - Bring your wallet.

I hear that a Whittlesea player who has yet to be re-signed spoke with Lower Plenty tonight & could sign with them as early as this week.There are some other players at Whittlesea who have still not signed yet.

I'm not sure of what others think on here, but it is very disappointing from a clubs point of view when you have players that simply hold out until the last minute to try and get more money!!!! I think they need to have a reality check on themselves and remember what level they are playing - LOCAL/COMMUNITY FOOTBALL!!! The cost of this is that clubs continually having to fork out more and more in player payments. I think some players forget that clubs struggle to survive without the constant pressure of having to pay more and more each year. Clubs would much rather spend money on facilities and the development of young people within the club. Am I just a biased committee member or do others feel the same way??

Hockey past it? You either have no idea or didn't watch a game last year. Think Wisey just beat him in the b&f last year. Anyone who's watched him will tell you he's one of the best in the comp. You are a dip$hit

Jumpinpumpin,

How did Brad Hockey go in Parkside's Practise match last weekend?

Was Parkside's new forward setup anything to write home about????

Jumpinpumpin,

Watched the first half at parkside not sure who the other side were but they were very ordinary Parkside would have been up by about 5 goals at the half. Looks like Div 3 for Parkside.

Jumpinpumpin,

Parksides new Forward setup was great with Hockey kicking a few before a nasty injury to his leg that could see him miss the first half of the season.With the rockshack and a few others to come in he should not be missed that much.Also look for Mick S to tear it up this year.

Mate Hope you are around when they meet first up. There will be plenty of money from certain Macleod Supporters to back themselves. Think we are still miles in front from the day of shuffles. C U then - Bring your wallet.
i tell ya what we will just wait til granny day so make sure u bring the armed guard with you because macleod will fall at last hurdle again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure of what others think on here, but it is very disappointing from a clubs point of view when you have players that simply hold out until the last minute to try and get more money!!!! I think they need to have a reality check on themselves and remember what level they are playing - LOCAL/COMMUNITY FOOTBALL!!! The cost of this is that clubs continually having to fork out more and more in player payments. I think some players forget that clubs struggle to survive without the constant pressure of having to pay more and more each year. Clubs would much rather spend money on facilities and the development of young people within the club. Am I just a biased committee member or do others feel the same way??

I don`t recall money being mentioned! I think there are other frustrations involved. As for players holding out for more money, as long as there are clubs willing to pay, there will always be players who put themselves ahead of the good of the game and the principals of what we would all prefer local footy to be about!

Money!....if only west had some to get some better players, still there is hope now jamesy is back:cool:

I don`t recall money being mentioned! I think there are other frustrations involved. As for players holding out for more money, as long as there are clubs willing to pay, there will always be players who put themselves ahead of the good of the game and the principals of what we would all prefer local footy to be about!

You didn't mention money, but seriously what else would they be hanging out for???

Perhaps better playing opportunity? Who knows!

Surely it hasn't taken them all pre-season to work this out!! They probably would have known at the end of last season.

80-90% of a clubs playing group are happy with what they get and are at the club because they want to be there so won't move clubs unless extentuating circumstances or they move to a different area or finish playing altogether. It is this 10-20% of players that move around clubs probably play at 4-5 diff clubs and just try and screw clubs for as much money as possible. That is a fact of life and the better clubs manage this appropriately and get what they want out of those players.

Your argument isn't helped by the commonly rumoured fact that Lower pay alot of money for players.

Surely it hasn't taken them all pre-season to work this out!! They probably would have known at the end of last season.

80-90% of a clubs playing group are happy with what they get and are at the club because they want to be there so won't move clubs unless extentuating circumstances or they move to a different area or finish playing altogether. It is this 10-20% of players that move around clubs probably play at 4-5 diff clubs and just try and screw clubs for as much money as possible. That is a fact of life and the better clubs manage this appropriately and get what they want out of those players.

Your argument isn't helped by the commonly rumoured fact that Lower pay alot of money for players.

In this instance no players are hanging out at the eagles it is probably caused because they spoke to no one before christmas very slack and the fires have really put them back but as far l know no players are hanging out just waiting to be spoken to

In this instance no players are hanging out at the eagles it is probably caused because they spoke to no one before christmas very slack and the fires have really put them back but as far l know no players are hanging out just waiting to be spoken to
All players have been spoken to.
Only 2 senior players are yet to sign. One will sign Thursday night after training.
The other player however isn't too keen on taking a pay cut and is having a bit of a sook.
Hence the mention on here that he (and only he) is speaking with lower again to try and force Whittlesea to pay up to keep him..
IMO In Div 2 footy you should be playing for the fun of it and not for cash.
Poor Darts:thumbsdown:

Only 2 senior players are yet to sign. One will sign Thursday night after training.
The other player however isn't too keen on taking a pay cut and is having a bit of a sook.
Hence the mention on here that he (and only he) is speaking with lower again to try and force Whittlesea to pay up to keep him..
Good in theory but could you imagine winning a granny in Divvy 2 with no payer payments and then stepping up to Divvy 1 and trying to mix it with the top 2 or 3 clubs... its hard enough now when you think that Heidleberg would spend near on the same as the total of Divvy 2 match payments each week.

Good in theory but could you imagine winning a granny in Divvy 2 with no payer payments and then stepping up to Divvy 1 and trying to mix it with the top 2 or 3 clubs... its hard enough now when you think that Heidleberg would spend near on the same as the total of Divvy 2 match payments each week.
does anyone want 3/1 for macleod winning the flag i will take the bets all day c,mon u macleod blokes hit ya kick

I am told that the player has not spoken to the club as yet canyoudigit so how do you know about pay cuts are you on the committee or is this leakages part of the problem,plus the 2 boys from n/park are supposed to be copping a prety good pay packet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back