Northern Football League Division 2 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it hasn't taken them all pre-season to work this out!! They probably would have known at the end of last season.

80-90% of a clubs playing group are happy with what they get and are at the club because they want to be there so won't move clubs unless extentuating circumstances or they move to a different area or finish playing altogether. It is this 10-20% of players that move around clubs probably play at 4-5 diff clubs and just try and screw clubs for as much money as possible. That is a fact of life and the better clubs manage this appropriately and get what they want out of those players.

Your argument isn't helped by the commonly rumoured fact that Lower pay alot of money for players.

I have heard that some Div 2 sides are paying good dollars to stay out of Div 3.
Hillers & Morang have been mentioned and there is more.

Seems to be the quick fix & not the long term answer.

All players have been spoken to.
Only 2 senior players are yet to sign. One will sign Thursday night after training.
The other player however isn't too keen on taking a pay cut and is having a bit of a sook.
Hence the mention on here that he (and only he) is speaking with lower again to try and force Whittlesea to pay up to keep him..
IMO In Div 2 footy you should be playing for the fun of it and not for cash.
Poor Darts:thumbsdown:

Why don't you just offer Roy Dyson unlimited hotdogs on top of his $400 a game, that will stop him sooking:D

Does he get a kick?

good player, i'm only having a light hearted dig at a mate. Had a few injuries last couple of seasons ( knee, Hammy & swallowed a basketball ) but when right is a very good midfileder. Knows how to find the footy & can fetch it himself, which makes him a very important player in there side cos he's usually the one that get's the pill to the guys who can use it in space.

Why don't you just offer Roy Dyson unlimited hotdogs on top of his $400 a game, that will stop him sooking:D

If that's fairdinkum, $400 a game, I would say good luck to him.
We wouldn't pay anything near those odds for any player on our
list.
I'm sure Cefalu Instinct might have a response to your comments

If that's fairdinkum, $400 a game, I would say good luck to him.
We wouldn't pay anything near those odds for any player on our
list.
I'm sure Cefalu Instinct might have a response to your comments

Hook, line and sinker Underbelly.. Haha. $400 a game, geez I'm not taking a pay cut :rolleyes:

Anyway latemail, after my hot form in the summer I am off to South Africa to play in the IPL.

Garret and Jerermy are worth every cent. They bring a lot to the club and not just the onfield side of the game.

Roy when healthy is pretty darn good. After he gives birth he'll be unstoppable....

I am told that the player has not spoken to the club as yet canyoudigit so how do you know about pay cuts are you on the committee or is this leakages part of the problem,plus the 2 boys from n/park are supposed to be copping a prety good pay packet
Why would Whittlesea wait until the end of March until they talk terms to a player.Shouldn't they have been upfront alot earlier about any potential paycut?

Thanks for the dietary advice underbelly, thats where i went wrong haha. As for us and player payments probably a fair argument but also as i see it there has only been the one issue and it may be only a coincidence that the details of it are coming out on here to paint the club in a bad light.. Will give loyalty the benefit of the doubt there. As for garrett and jezza i hope they are getting paid well as it will be money well spent and we know exactly what we are getting which is not always the case. Who gives a shit anyway, bring on round 1 haha

Thanks for the dietary advice underbelly, thats where i went wrong haha. As for us and player payments probably a fair argument but also as i see it there has only been the one issue and it may be only a coincidence that the details of it are coming out on here to paint the club in a bad light.. Will give loyalty the benefit of the doubt there. As for garrett and jezza i hope they are getting paid well as it will be money well spent and we know exactly what we are getting which is not always the case. Who gives a shit anyway, bring on round 1 haha

Agree - who gives a rats freckle about who gets paid what.
For the record, I LOVE Krispi Kreme doughnuts and wouldn't
begrudge anyone this delicacy

u blokes think u would have learned not 2 jump the gun you think u have the flag in the bag already but the wobbles kick in later in the season division 1 gge u r funny people

u blokes think u would have learned not 2 jump the gun you think u have the flag in the bag already but the wobbles kick in later in the season division 1 gge u r funny people

That's about 2-3 posts now about choking, flag in the bag etc. No one, repeat no one, has mentioned anything about this season other than we hope to have a competitive side and, by June, a ground without a slope. Come down to training next week, we'll introduce you to Puffa and you discuss your views face to face with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

havent seen to much of garret but seen alot of jezza page over the years and certanly worth his every cent,
i think players should be told as early as possible if they are getting a paycut or a payrise for that matter!just out of respect,you wouldnt tell your best 5 players at the last minute that they're money is getting slashed simply cuz u dont piss them off!???same rule should go too any player.Hyperthetically speaking if for some reason u did slash the payments of your best 3 players how many would stick around???only the rare loyal players that have been there for years!

It can only benefit both parties...
For 1-it gives the player a chance to think about whether he wants too move on to another club that will match or better his financial wishes,
and 2- the club knows if he sticks around and takes a cut he really wants to be a part of it i guess regardless...
i dont think there is a right or wrong in what players get paid!Its always going to be debatable,Im a whittlesea supporter have been for years now some footballers are overpaid some underpaid its a hard thing to get right.Really its each to there own some play for cash others play for passion,same as the afl!and every other local leauge,i must admit all the money spent us at whittlesea havent seen a finals victory in a long time!so everyone should be taking paycuts haha:eek:

i must admit all the money spent us at whittlesea havent seen a finals victory in a long time!so everyone should be taking paycuts haha:eek:

Wait till clearances close this year. I bet there will be a lot of unhappy players that will have to take a pay cut, and those who don't get paid weekly good luck in getting your money.
Have a look around, Where dose you club get its money from ? everyone is hurting so things will be tight for the next couple of years, So a team that plays for the jumper and not the cash might just take the flag.
The way Div 2 should be !

Wait till clearances close this year. I bet there will be a lot of unhappy players that will have to take a pay cut, and those who don't get paid weekly good luck in getting your money.
Have a look around, Where dose you club get its money from ? everyone is hurting so things will be tight for the next couple of years, So a team that plays for the jumper and not the cash might just take the flag.
The way Div 2 should be !

well...that would be good too see dont get me wrong id like to think everyone that plays for the eagles plays for the jumper but who really knows?:confused: No finals success probably says a few things for us.But still at the end of the day money rules our world & every man has a price!

yeah, see...i was talking about wests lack of money...and now we talking bout lower?? ok...anyway if i wanted mony id play div 1, div 2 is about passion of footy..agreed..

Brutal, I hear from the creek boy's Lower had a good hit yesterday against Old Geelong.
They were saying you guy's have got a bit more aggression towards the ball.
Tell us your better players and some of your new players?

Panton Hill to be the biggest improvers this season. Plently of new players, great coaches and great club support. Wont beat some of the best sides out there, but will win a lot more games and beat sides they aint expected to beat.

Also Macleod are shitters and overrated and will be beat by the stars this yr, IF they make it that is. Shitters

Brutal, I hear from the creek boy's Lower had a good hit yesterday against Old Geelong.
They were saying you guy's have got a bit more aggression towards the ball.
Tell us your better players and some of your new players?

It was a good hitout for the boys! Old geelong are C grade ammo`s and had a bit of size about them and I think the end result was a 5 point loss. matchwinner is probably more qualified to talk about the new players, we have had a few players make comebacks this year after missing all of last season due to injury or work issues. The notable`s in this area are Clint Monger, Ryan Elliot and Brad Craig. I would also expect a heap of improvement in alot of the young guys, and as alot of the MacLeod guys would attest to, is that Harmesy style will be very good for a young group like ours.

Panton Hill to be the biggest improvers this season. Plently of new players, great coaches and great club support. Wont beat some of the best sides out there, but will win a lot more games and beat sides they aint expected to beat.

Also Macleod are shitters and overrated and will be beat by the stars this yr, IF they make it that is. Shitters

freddy, I have heard you guy's up on the Hill are paying Big Bucks thanks to a new sponsor, any truth to the rumor:confused:

It was a good hitout for the boys! Old geelong are C grade ammo`s and had a bit of size about them and I think the end result was a 5 point loss. matchwinner is probably more qualified to talk about the new players, we have had a few players make comebacks this year after missing all of last season due to injury or work issues. The notable`s in this area are Clint Monger, Ryan Elliot and Brad Craig. I would also expect a heap of improvement in alot of the young guys, and as alot of the MacLeod guys would attest to, is that Harmesy style will be very good for a young group like ours.
Thanks Brutal, how's BK & the other coach fitting in.:confused:

went and watched parkside V some bunch of hacks on saturday arvo and although parkside won by roughly 10+ goals they would want to improve alot from what i saw to play finals this year although i did notice many of there players not playing including there skipper hockey and there full forward Ross and a few other guys who r quite handy players and a guy from parkside i got talking to told me that they were missing more than 10 good senior footballers through injury or other commitments.

can anybody from parkside confirm what players were missing and when u expect them to be back in action?cheers

freddy, I have heard you guy's up on the Hill are paying Big Bucks thanks to a new sponsor, any truth to the rumor:confused:
I wouldn't know to tell you the truth mate. I'm new up there and we're looking good, feeling confident and hoping to have a good yr. Few Eltham players we got which are gonna be really good. Couldn't help, sorry champ.

I wouldn't know to tell you the truth mate. I'm new up there and we're looking good, feeling confident and hoping to have a good yr. Few Eltham players we got which are gonna be really good. Couldn't help, sorry champ.
Thanks freddy, Tell us how & were the Hillers will improve?
I hear Sykes is back will there be a spot for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back