Northern Football League Division 2 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

G'day Snorta Greyhound here how you going?
So how'd the boys go in 2008.
Have you guys started preseason training yet?
If yes i might come down for a run the week after next let me know.

Can we stop talking about morang as we heard the same crap last year. Lets gets some words from other clubs on how they are looking. Morang should start their own thread!!!!

G'day Snorta Greyhound here how you going?
So how'd the boys go in 2008.
Have you guys started preseason training yet?
If yes i might come down for a run the week after next let me know.

Didn't make finals. Need to play more consistent footy.

Yeah started a couple of weeks ago. We are training on wednesdays from 6pm. Will be good to see you mate.

R u back living in Melb??

just wasted 15 minutes of work time reaidng up on abosulte crap so lift. all of you.

i am a keen creek lad, and i am of the belief that we would have to be the early favs (or at least equal favs) for the flag next yr.

Some very good signings, blokes back from injury, master coach, jewish captain, natural improvement from youngsters all pointing to a good season.

just wasted 15 minutes of work time reaidng up on abosulte crap so lift. all of you.

i am a keen creek lad, and i am of the belief that we would have to be the early favs (or at least equal favs) for the flag next yr.

Some very good signings, blokes back from injury, master coach, jewish captain, natural improvement from youngsters all pointing to a good season.
who are the good signings?? who is back from injury??....
second div just keeps getting better every year, what got you into a GF 4 or 5 years ago wont get you anywhere close next year, alot of clubs have improved.
Look forward to seeing how the creek go but rebuilding your club wont happen in 1 year and going on this years form there is no point going straight back up unless you like being smashed each week.

Need to get a life , Creek are a crap club these days have been poorly run for awhile now. liars and bigheads. :thumbsdown:

Take a look at Sth Morangs rooms to see what NOT to build.

Yes stude, what on earth were they (council i guess) thinking. The plan was to have both change rooms overlooking the main ground to be used by "both" teams, with a shutter rolled down in between. Lucky they had junior rooms adjoined or it would have been more of a basket case.
There was supposed to be input (or people claiming so) from Sth Mor as to how it was designed before it was built. To be fair to Morang it looks obvious they didn't, (although strange things happen round there) but, it's not something you would put your hand up and confess to either. Another abortion by the City of Whittlesea, just like Mcdonalds road etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.......:confused:[/quote]

Yes you are right, another waste of ratepayers money by the Whittlesea council , there were many invovled in what was required at Sth Morang, let me tell u the council ignored all suggestions and recomendations by all bodies Junior, senior, cricket and football and did it thier way as usual, however they ranted and raved on what a great job they did. left the clubs with 4 lovely change rooms and a canteen. but where do you hold functions and entertain visiting clubs. And how about a bar in maybe a social room ???? Ground surface is ok but raised and not enough trees planted to stop the hurricanes blowing???

Can we stop talking about morang as we heard the same crap last year. Lets gets some words from other clubs on how they are looking. Morang should start their own thread!!!!

Morang would have had a great year this year if the crew of players who let Big Ronnie down stayed. any way that is history now and the guys who put on the jumper did it proud, very young and will be better for the experience. New coaches, new players all signed should see a marked improvment at Morang so they may surprise u mister coffee? :):thumbsu:

Didn't make finals. Need to play more consistent footy.

Yeah started a couple of weeks ago. We are training on wednesdays from 6pm. Will be good to see you mate.

R u back living in Melb??

Nah not back living in Melb yet. I am now living up in Lismore, far North Coast NSW. I'll be at training Wednesday next week for sure. Are you guys only training once a week at the moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah not back living in Melb yet. I am now living up in Lismore, far North Coast NSW. I'll be at training Wednesday next week for sure. Are you guys only training once a week at the moment?

Some guys are doing their own extra work. Will be 2-3 nights next year.

Exciting to hear that some clubs have been chasing hard, and hopefully will be able to secure the signings of some talented players to run around in Div 2 next year.

I have been lucky enough to have chatted with most clubs, and more importantly the guys in the know at those clubs.

Thommo will not be doing too much differently, so their performance in Div 1 will be a good guage for the Div 2 clubs looking to step up in the coming years.

There has already been a bit of talk about MacLeod, and I don't have too much more to offer. Except that they are expecting some old boys back to the club. I have my doubts weather they will get a kick amongst some of the talent there, however time will tell on this one. No doubt they may be able to hold down a back pocket, or sneaky forward pocket barring injury.

Parkside have some handy players lined up. Confirmation of what was expected to happen once some of their boys returned home. Good luck with thos signings, however from my info, you are much closer than you may think.

Bundoora have r*ped, pilaged and stolen the best juniors from the clubs going around. If they are not allowed a 2nd U/19's, then let's hope most of these young players drift back to where they came from.

South Morang new coach, will drag some of his StKilda boys across. I don't expect many of them to stay, however if pertol money could be negotiated, it would certainly go a bit of the way. Take note also of the above mention of Bundoora. Be certain to keep in the loop of those young guys !

Mernda are again going at it hard. However as past years have consistanly shown, Mernda have the tendancy of hitting the track hard, only to lose the players interest, numbers drop, translating in a slow start to the year. Then they come home strong. I have lost count of the number of years this has happened. I predict that this will change this year. Not because of the coach, as committed and in love with football as he is. However it will be the club now cashing in on the effort that was put in to sustaining an U/19's, and now those players from a couple of years ago really prepared to take the next step. LLMoose excluded. He'll be too busy dirt bike riding and keeping the missus happy! I just hope your older boys wil be able to keep up. And/or be prepared to not make the 1sts when round 1 comes around. I may turn up to your 1st Thursday night selection, just for the entertainment aspect.

I'll get back with more info I am aware of.

Thanks for the vote of confidence looker ;)

I can't keep my chances of a 3-peat up if I don't play ones. That being said I can't play ones whilst im 110kg's.... (premierships are great and all but between 2 footy trips and GF celebrations you tend to stack on the kegs)

2007 - U19s flag
2008 - Reserves flag
2009 - ?????

Looks like im going to have my work cut out for me to make the side even if I do get fit enough to play seniors. As with previous years quite a few people have drifted down schotters road to be apart of "The Mernda Experience" and we should go alright I think!

Morang would have had a great year this year if the crew of players who let Big Ronnie down stayed. any way that is history now and the guys who put on the jumper did it proud, very young and will be better for the experience. New coaches, new players all signed should see a marked improvment at Morang so they may surprise u mister coffee? :):thumbsu:

I still get amused by the people who think the players that left morang let ronnie down, does that mean messrs Tennant,Brown and Coghill who have now left morang have let the new coach down or does anyone who leaves any club lets the coach down ,that is rubbish maybe the coach let the players down or it is just time to move on, there are many reasons why people leave and maybe the coach is not one of them, by the way morang have lost there 3 best players and have bought half a team that struggled last year so l would think the best morang could hope for is 7th or 8th and that would keep them in div 2 which in itself would be a good effort considering what they have lost.

I still get amused by the people who think the players that left morang let ronnie down, does that mean messrs Tennant,Brown and Coghill who have now left morang have let the new coach down or does anyone who leaves any club lets the coach down ,that is rubbish maybe the coach let the players down or it is just time to move on, there are many reasons why people leave and maybe the coach is not one of them, by the way morang have lost there 3 best players and have bought half a team that struggled last year so l would think the best morang could hope for is 7th or 8th and that would keep them in div 2 which in itself would be a good effort considering what they have lost.

Out of all the players over the past 2 years who left morang only 1 or 2 of them left because of problems with him, the problem didnt lie with ronnie.

Heard that troy luff was seen out this weekend with the morang boys? Apparently doesnt want to start training till after xmas. If this is true and he is signed and sealed, Look out div 2, morang are coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back