Northern Football League Division 2 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone confirm the outcome of the Presidents meeting last night which involved Div 2/3 clubs, on status of the on again off again div 3 saga? I heard that St Mary`s are still a possibility of getting up a seniors side, and if so there will defnitely be a Div 3 stand alone comp next season.

Can someone confirm the outcome of the Presidents meeting last night which involved Div 2/3 clubs, on status of the on again off again div 3 saga? I heard that St Mary`s are still a possibility of getting up a seniors side, and if so there will defnitely be a Div 3 stand alone comp next season.

Brutal i can almost %100 tell you st.marys voted on a senior club. wether that means its happening i dont kow.

will Ben strongman be playing at Panton hill next year

Strongy returning to Lower Plenty after several years at Panton Hill. Ben Gill also returning and Danny Strickland will be another from Panton Hill, who is joining his brother at Lower.

Strongy returning to Lower Plenty after several years at Panton Hill. Ben Gill also returning and Danny Strickland will be another from Panton Hill, who is joining his brother at Lower.
The magoos coach will be highly excited with return of those stars from the mighty hills, should bolster the reserves considerably:rolleyes:

The magoos coach will be highly excited with return of those stars from the mighty hills, should bolster the reserves considerably:rolleyes:

Yeh, one kicked 60+ goals last season, another is multiple b&f winner and the other had solid season last year and should be similar to his brother who was runner up in our b&f last season. Adam McLaughlin also likely to return, so I guess that'll be another good addition to the magoos will it?

Brutal i can almost %100 tell you st.marys voted on a senior club. wether that means its happening i dont kow.

Yeah I always knew they had voted on eventually getting one up, but I think the League is giving them untill December to get it up for next season. Just wanted to know if that was what was thought by others.

Yeh, one kicked 60+ goals last season, another is multiple b&f winner and the other had solid season last year and should be similar to his brother who was runner up in our b&f last season. Adam McLaughlin also likely to return, so I guess that'll be another good addition to the magoos will it?
Gary K will be so excited about all these boom recruits in his side that he will break out a bottle of his best red from his cellar to cellebrate:D

Betcha Gary K does not share his bottle of Red with anyone wino that he is ha ha :)
When he hears that Adam McLaughlin has also returned to join that mighty trio from the "hills" he may even open his `82 Grange Hermitage and then only struggle to contain his excitement!!!!!!!!!!!:D

gee lower are getting quite a few good players back. add to those the talented 19s coming up in flynn, lendaro, cadee, geary, zimbolani, and young buller coming from research and barden who will play when his not playing knights. lower may have recruited to well from themselves could find there promoted before their ready.

gee lower are getting quite a few good players back. add to those the talented 19s coming up in flynn, lendaro, cadee, geary, zimbolani, and young buller coming from research and barden who will play when his not playing knights. lower may have recruited to well from themselves could find there promoted before their ready.

Things looking promising and should certainly improve on last couple of seasons. But we were certainly not on the verge of a premiership those last couple of years, so fair bit of work ahead of us to be up with the top teams. What we really need is to recruit someone like coak, who is clearly a champion footballer!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things looking promising and should certainly improve on last couple of seasons. But we were certainly not on the verge of a premiership those last couple of years, so fair bit of work ahead of us to be up with the top teams. What we really need is to recruit someone like coak, who is clearly a champion footballer!!!

The thing is now Macleods gone i dont think there is any standout side. Whittlesea will be up there again but by no means are they standouts and diamond creek arnt really as good as a lot thought that would be. mernda are just there abouts. thomastown will struggle immensly wouldnt be suprised if they slipped straight from div 1 to div 3 if they split half way threw the season again. fitzroy are average. so really the doors open for anyone this season and lower just maybe with a few recruits could have a very very good year

The thing is now Macleods gone i dont think there is any standout side. Whittlesea will be up there again but by no means are they standouts and diamond creek arnt really as good as a lot thought that would be. mernda are just there abouts. thomastown will struggle immensly wouldnt be suprised if they slipped straight from div 1 to div 3 if they split half way threw the season again. fitzroy are average. so really the doors open for anyone this season and lower just maybe with a few recruits could have a very very good year

The other bonus is quite a few players hardly got on the paddock in 09. But I dont want to be making any big predictions. It is only November and time will tell whether we can push into the finals for starters!! Whilst recruiting some good players should be great in theory, everyone still has to gel together and play as a tight knit group.

I hear Mernda and Whittlesea will also pick up a few and they finished a lot higher than us last year.

Just my observations....

I reckon Lower Plenty will be the big improvers next season and this is not based on the recruits or past players going to the club. Quite simply the talent in their Under 19's will flow through and a lot of them have already had a look at senior football this year. Will Lower attract any players from neighborouring Montmorency??

Whittlesea will be competitive again and their U/19's will come through and make senior spots competitive.

I agree that Thomastown will struggle. They will underestimate the strength of D2 from previous years and they propably wont recruit anyone
due to their ugly brown jumpers.

Fitzroy Stars - If they turn up to a full pre-season determined & committed, who knows how far they will go. They struggled when the D2 teams split last season.

Epping - looks like they have splashed some cash already and might be the challenges. If they can keep money bags Moore fit and compliment him with a ruckman and a CHB, then look out.

Mernda - haven't heard much about them so far except that they have a new coach and got rid of a thief, so maybe new beginnings for them. If it ends up being a top 4 again in 2010, they will probably miss out based on what I saw of them in 2009

I'll be keeping a eye on my D2 team (Lower Plenty) in 2010 and I'm sure Jason Knee will entertain me with his weekly report

Off to find a few recruits ourselves at Macleod. If anyone is interested
in jumping aboard the bandwagon, let me know I'll arrange for you to
have a chat to Puffa. We pay our players accordingly (and on time)
down at the Kangaroos.

Any word on Divi 3?:confused:
I have it on a good rumour from my mate GOD that St Marys will field a senior team but no reserves (not sure how that works but this is the northern league so in saying that who knows):confused: , also his son J.C told me that Bundoora may field another side with so many numbers this team of spuds would be in div 2, can anyone confirm.
If the heavens are right this would make a div 3 possible and there for if the mid season split is to happen:thumbsdown: there may be some sides that are on the borderline for div 2 & 3 willing to tank to finish the year on a high with finals and even some silverwear not as silly as it sounds?:rolleyes: thoughts?:footy::cool:
So Freddy there you go you may take it where the sun dont shine and the great man frowns upon your kind but ALLAH will hold no grudge!:p

I have it on a good rumour from my mate GOD that St Marys will field a senior team but no reserves (not sure how that works but this is the northern league so in saying that who knows):confused: , also his son J.C told me that Bundoora may field another side with so many numbers this team of spuds would be in div 2, can anyone confirm.
If the heavens are right this would make a div 3 possible and there for if the mid season split is to happen:thumbsdown: there may be some sides that are on the borderline for div 2 & 3 willing to tank to finish the year on a high with finals and even some silverwear not as silly as it sounds?:rolleyes: thoughts?:footy::cool:
So Freddy there you go you may take it where the sun dont shine and the great man frowns upon your kind but ALLAH will hold no grudge!:p

thank you.

Went for walk with the dogs tonight down St.Hellier Street in Heidelberg Heights and saw a rather large contingent doing pre season training on the old soccer ground. It looked like Heidelberg West - can anyone confirm this ? They were rather keen for this time of year

St Mary`s have 33 committed for a senior side next season. They have untill next Friday to decide if they want to field a Seniors for season. A div 2 and Div 3 draft draw has been done.

Went for walk with the dogs tonight down St.Hellier Street in Heidelberg Heights and saw a rather large contingent doing pre season training on the old soccer ground. It looked like Heidelberg West - can anyone confirm this ? They were rather keen for this time of year

Nah not us, i live around the corner and saw them aswell, dont know who they are

west starts back in a couple of weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back