Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

We really really really want that number 1 pick . Who is it ? Lol. I reckon if we do happen to come home with the “wooden ware” again, as opposed to the “silver ware”we may split the pick for something more substantial. Any way another riveting season of fun and hijinx

This goes one of two ways next year- either the club gets it shit together big time and we see monumental improvement after an off-season theme of days like this being unacceptable.
Or it implodes.
What’s your prediction?

It’s not acceptable to stop trying. I don’t care if there’s “nothing to play for”. Clarkson needs to be strong on this. You cannot walk past that.
Repeating myself now but the main issue with the majority of our team is they are not mentally strong enough and don’t despise losing!!

I heard one of the Hawks players through the week say after their Round 5 loss, all the players got together (no coaches) and made a commitment to each other to do everything in their power to get better every minute of the day. They were sick of losing! Rest is history.

It’s on our leaders and senior players to drive the standards but we have 19 year olds trying to drive the standards!! No wonder why Clarko is f%£king desperate to get some high class senior leaders in!!

Why is the present untouchable btw? We have been a shambles with her in charge. The board is a puppet show for her and the higher ups.
I honestly don’t think the president has much influence at all. Basically the only thing they do is hire and fire the top level positions.

The coach is number 1.
The CEO is number 2.
The list boss is number 3.

Those are the only positions that make any difference.

He is captain, and he stepped up beautifully for the last two of the first three years of sustained shitness, which is why he was voted in as captain. Concussion *ed him this year and last year, yet he was one of the only ones trying today, on what was in my opinion the darkest day of this entire era. Telling him to * off is, quite frankly, bullshit. Not even his fault. We didn't know that Webster would murder him and therefore couldn't pre-emptively strip him of the captaincy in the knowledge that his footy would suffer. I challenge anyone to look at the way he plays now and say that his neurons haven't been altered.

I don't get this concussion stuff with Jy. Angus Brayshaw was still playing at a high level despite the concussions. If they're affecting him so badly it's destroyed his last two years of football he should retire, for his own sake.

Sigh ….
So many things that need attention and l genuinely don’t know if it can be done anymore.
Why does it feel like Groundhog Day in some aspects…
what a crap 24hrs it’s personality been …then to see that….😔
I 🤍💙 this club but gosh they make it hard.
It’s all Been said on here…l guess it can be summed up by Huge actions not little list adjustments need to be done.
A quiet ale is needed now…. And watch the sun set…
I look forward to what silly season brings….
and back in the women to bring a smile.

Just got home, as had kids sport all day. Do I even bother watching the replay? I predicted that we’d lose the last two games by 100 points each. And still be bad enough that we can’t even get pick 1 in the draft. We really are hopeless and I’ve found better things to do on the weekend than watch our team live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ave.losing margin to the Dawks in 2024 ? = 14 goals.

Put your hand up if you said we had a better list than them ?
Honestly I thought they could be one team we have beaten this year, I was very wrong ✋

Repeating myself now but the main issue with the majority of our team is they are not mentally strong enough and don’t despise losing!!

I heard one of the Hawks players through the week say after their Round 5 loss, all the players got together (no coaches) and made a commitment to each other to do everything in their power to get better every minute of the day. They were sick of losing! Rest is history.

It’s on our leaders and senior players to drive the standards but we have 19 year olds trying to drive the standards!! No wonder why Clarko is f%£king desperate to get some high class senior leaders in!!
This coming from lmac would be comical.

I don't get this concussion stuff with Jy. Angus Brayshaw was still playing at a high level despite the concussions. If they're affecting him so badly it's destroyed his last two years of football he should retire, for his own sake.
From what I can find, Brayshaw got his fourth concussion in May 2017. That gave him ten months before the next season began, and from there he gathered concussion-free momentum until the Maynard incident. I think Jy can get back close to what he was, but it's a gradual process

Hawks rebuild in a blink of an eye after shedding arguably their greatest ever coach.

We pick him up and are still seemingly playing the long rebuild game.

And think of the impact of any trade targets crazy enough to even consider us lol

Just got home, as had kids sport all day. Do I even bother watching the replay? I predicted that we’d lose the last two games by 100 points each. And still be bad enough that we can’t even get pick 1 in the draft. We really are hopeless and I’ve found better things to do on the weekend than watch our team live.
If you’re into sadomastic flagellation?

Then Yes … watch the replay

Look I dunno what else clarko is meant to say but I don’t wanna hear it
he should be saying everyone in playing group is on notice starting now and don't be late for day 1 preseason. start with sheez as captain. announced that day.
here is an idea for clarko to stop talking about the oppo. same s*t every-week who gives a f*ck how far ahead others are ahead and more about what we are going to do to turn this sh*tshow around.
be inspiring not insipid, be ruthless.

he should be saying everyone in playing group is on notice starting now and don't be late for day 1 preseason. start with sheez as captain. announced that day.
here is an idea for clarko to stop talking about the oppo. same s*t every-week who gives a f*ck how far ahead others are ahead and more about what we are going to do to turn this sh*tshow around.
be inspiring not insipid, be ruthless.
And no staggered starting dates for ‘senior’ players.

Before the first game against the Hawks, when we were both 0-5 to start the season, I was confident that we were better than the Hawks, and that we'd get our first win of the season. Not only that, that that win would kickstart our season and show the world that we're on the way up. We got smashed that first game, and I was bitterly disappointed. Turns out that I was partially right after that game, except I got the wrong team that would use that game to kickstart their season...

Fast forward to today, and I had zero expectations that we'd beat the Hawks, and was under no illusion that we were better than them. Still, extremely hard to stomach a 100+ point loss in the wet...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back