Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question, has anyone shed a tear after today's loss or is it just a feeling of, oh well?

I ask as I just feel "meh" about it because the club at every level, do not care.

I echo everything tazaa said as I've said the same twice over this year.

The scary thing is, if that was against a genuine top 4 side in the dry and not a side making up the numbers, it would've been close to the Cats v Dee's at KP approx 2007.
I’m at the point now where I’m numb, I just don’t feel anything.

So it was a big no-no for us to get Pick 1 lest we be accused of tanking last year

But a performance like today is so bad that Richmond can slide off the bottom and suddenly it’s a-okay because Harley Reid wasn’t on the line or something I guess.

A spoon last year would’ve been accepted, hell even applauded by the fans. A spoon this year irregardless of high picks is a disgrace because we made a statement to end the year strong, we’ve been shit consecutively (surprise surprise) as the season comes to a close, and we expected a lot more this year compared to last year.

there’s no coping about this one, this is the most shameful spoon the club has received since its very first one. Its emblematic of SO MUCH that has not gone right enough to mean we’ve meaningfully progressed.
All l remember last year was the media circus championing against us receiving any extra priority pick assistance “For the integrity of the draft”. Which the buffoons of opposition supporters picked up on Hello Chris *&$$ing Scott…and still think and type in articles that buckets was draft assistance….morons.

Integrity my a$@$#$. Each time we have been at the pointy end of the draft it’s been f*#*$ing compromised by academy picks or junk picks used to pick up that years universally agreed number 1…. And crickets from the media.

Yet meltdowns and howling how dare they be at the pointy end of the draft….they shouldn’t be given any assistance. There’re midfield is stacked enough blah blah blah…. Which as we all know …we haven’t had one single pre draft priority pick…..ever…

Followed by their so called media experts ( hi Gerald, Kane, Johnson ect ) all year openly questioning in a public forums why didn’t we tank for Harley….
The same pricks who then challenge why we should never receive any notion of a priority pick ( which we haven’t) to protect the sanctity of the draft order….oh the irony and thick hypocrisy.

Well the chickens have come home to roost. The years of compromised junk picks to top talent for other clubs to use as a bid and denied to us. The AFL being to gutless to even make a stand when blind Freddy can see what should happen and award priory pick when it clearly meets their criteria time and time again, coz they don’t want to be bashed around the head by these media experts that they suck up to.

Fat load of good these late picks and couple of list spots were ….and yet here we are again….

Let’s see if anyone has the balls to do what should’ve been done at least 12 months ago coz from where l sit all the f*#&#& bull s*#&#& excuses and for the integrity of the draft won’t friggen cut it again…

They happily gave brissy an almighty leg up and coaching appointments when they were shite …..and we can all google priority pick assistance clubs.
Yes we were crap…and yes l love the kids ..it’s our mess we are trudging through…but getting shoved back down at years end by having the goal posts continually shifted, players taken with academies and a compromise to keep media street happy while they question the hell outta our integrity for not tanking or we’ve been given too much
like hell lm going to just cop it sweet this year.

Dreaming..probably but having this treatment is the main frustration l have, add to that with the lack of calling it out really grinds my overall thoughts about this darn competition.

Genuine question, has anyone shed a tear after today's loss or is it just a feeling of, oh well?

I ask as I just feel "meh" about it because the club at every level, do not care.

The scary thing is, if that was against a genuine top 4 side in the dry and not a side making up the numbers, it would've been close to the Cats v Dee's at KP approx 2007.
Worst team we have fielded all year, was always going to be a hiding. Personally i was hoping under 60pts.

Nope no tears. Just relief. I actually cried the last time we played hawthorn. Since then it’s been resignation. I just keep praying that we’ll be ok next year with another preseason under the belt, another couple of high picks, maybe a good trade in or so and then hopefully…..it will start getting better.

Yes on the surface it appears we are our own worst enemy.

Thats to say our management integrity is sound and nit compromised but lets not go there too conspiratorial. No doubt our management have the hardest job in the AFL with the most road blocks to overcome.

Its a slippery slope for us. Signing a CZ for 5 years means there really wasnt a better offer for him. Its a shit signing and one that seems we just didnt have any other choice.

Could question most signings with Sheez being the exception.

We dont have access to the same talent pool as the rest of the league. Elite players will take less years and less $ to not sign with us. This fact alone means we will forever dwell at the bottom.

Just look at the Hawks signings from last year.

If by some miracle we are competing in a few years then perhaps we may be more enticing as a club but thats a massive ask and Im just to weary of the calls to fold getting stronger after another failed season with little to no progress.

Im writing the little light after the bye off now.
The hawks signings from last year? Chol, D'Ambrosio and Ginnivan? Hardly big names, almost the opposite in fact. Difference is they bought into the gameplan and clearly there is proper leadership at Hawthorn. There is nothing that makes it more clear that our standards are shit than having Luke McDonald as our captain

Last edited:
Apologies for the intrusion.

At the game today. Midfield was smashed.

RHJ showed a bit.

The forward line set up and personnel are diabolical. Three talls, Zuhaar and Curtis at their feet. 5 players out of 6/7 who offer no defensive pressure. Bizarre given the conditions.
Diabolical small forward resourcing.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I was told at the start of the year that we were going to get beaten by 124 in the rain - I'd want it to be the last game.

The cracks are there for everyone to see. No papering over our deficiencies with a brave and applauded last game like last year.

It needs to burn over summer.

The likelihood of that Masked ?

We beat Carlton by 124 points I think in Spider Burton’s last game? And we weren’t even much good then.

Had a sizeable share of bad times now, ready for some good things to happen and will be watching and cheering when they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. 🍺

Well. I am told our co-captains this week said they knew the Dogs thrashing was coming as players were deflated by Eagles loss. What great leadership!
I’m not defending them but they’re humans, not robots. That was one of the most deflating losses I’ve ever seen and, ya know, I’m a 40 year old North supporter….it’s like an epic batting collapse in cricket, you can try and steel yourself but you know you’re out before you go in.

Not by any standard is the finish to this season acceptable, and our senior players are losers, not leaders, to a man. But ya gotta account for some basic human psychology. This is the coaches job to somehow overcome. He’s almost half way through his time. Tick ****en tock.

Worst team we have fielded all year, was always going to be a hiding. Personally i was hoping under 60pts.

A bit of sanity in here. The only aspect that upsets me when we play a team list like we did today, is the inability of some of up and coming players to get near it.

I here people complaining about Powell not getting enough CBAs and then when he gets his chance, he doesn't fire a shot.

It reminds me how important developing players like Goater, Mckercher, Powell, and Dursma really is. Players like LDU and Xerri need some help!

Last edited:
**** LDU, what I saw out of him today doesn’t reek of a player that deserves a pay day.

He flew the white flag, guns who deserve a big pay day don’t do that. I can’t imagine a Cripps not giving a **** about his performance regardless of it being a game of no consequence.

Too much picking and choosing to be a gun of a player. I can’t imagine Sheezel putting in that effort or should I say lack of effort.
If reports are true, he's going to be fielding offers of 1.5 mil per year on a long term deal. Not even bont is getting that. Not worth it.

Honestly, I’m extremely flat about it. The reason being that I just don’t think we have anywhere near the number of AFL standard players needed to be competitive.

There’s a very long road ahead. It’s ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back