Odds out for 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Will throw $100 on the Crows.

Power has strange odds; they wont win a flag, but I think Primus will turn them around - might be worth a bet to make the 8?

Freo definitely worth a crack.

They did extremely well this year - with better management of players over the journey due to lessons learnt this year, and another year of fitness/muscle on their kids...

I don't know why anybody would bet on next year's premiers before trade week, unless you're quite certain a club may get a player. Carlton or Hawthorn getting Taz, or Fremantle getting Clark will make them a much stronger chance. I think Hawthorn will be a good chance next year, as the Cats and Dogs start to slide. However, $8 is way too short for them and doesn't present any value.

I don't know why anybody would bet on next year's premiers before trade week, unless you're quite certain a club may get a player. Carlton or Hawthorn getting Taz, or Fremantle getting Clark will make them a much stronger chance. I think Hawthorn will be a good chance next year, as the Cats and Dogs start to slide. However, $8 is way too short for them and doesn't present any value.
well spoken

$8 for us is massive overs.
Although i'd like to think we'd push for top 5, we were only 2 points away from that this year. But i'd still like to wait for trade week.

to me there really aint much value in that market...the pies are paying 1.90 to win premiership this week (by winning 1 game) but for winning in 12 months they are paying just over a dollar more at 3.25? everyone knows a lot can happen in a week of football, even more can happen in twelve months..

Adelaide are far too short at 21.

Port's odds don't make sense, and I think St. Kilda at 4 is interesting, I'd have opened them at about $5.50.

to me there really aint much value in that market...the pies are paying 1.90 to win premiership this week (by winning 1 game) but for winning in 12 months they are paying just over a dollar more at 3.25? everyone knows a lot can happen in a week of football, even more can happen in twelve months..

is this in the fantasy market?

Might look at Port for a spot in the 8, might be tempted on Freo for top 4.

Melbourne a bit too short just yet.
#1 pick = hype machine.

Ala Carlton. Have improved from being one of the worse sides of all time in the early to mid 2000s to nothing but mid table mediocrity the last few years. They were expected to have made much more progress by now. Melbourne are headed the same way me thinks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have something to do with the fact they beat Collingwood, drew with St Kilda, beat the WB and lost to Geelong by 2 points.

Rest assured if either of the two teams playing in this years GF were playing the Hawks they would be very worried.

You as a Collingwood supporter would know this more than anyone.

lol hawthorn supporters really need to take their heads out of their ass.

So...if you back the Saints for next years premiership you only get a bit more than you get if they win tomorrow?

(Y) What a stupid bet.

Ok, ok you're right brah. Midfield at Hawthorn is no good. Hodge = DUD, as does Mitchell, Burgoyne, Sewell, Lewis, Young. All duds. Oh and Rioli = DUD as well.

I mean give me Brett Peake anyday over the guys above brah

Peake at CHB > Thomas Murphy

I don't think the oddsmakers are out by that much actually.

Fair to say the Saints and Pies are accurate.

As for the Hawks, the $8 really represents a team that won a premiership 2 years ago with a list that is still relatively young and not that much different from its premiership team. I reckon they are basing these odds on the potential to win a flag which is a lot different to the real world.

Many have suggested that $8 is short but potentially we could be shorter or longer depending on consistency. The bookies are trying to hedge as we are an unknown commodity but the talent cannot be questioned.

Now for those of you who cannot believe how short we are, I would suggest laying the $8 on Betfair (betting against the result). You all stand to make a fortune :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Odds out for 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back