Off season surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably safe to assume Fish has a pin or plate somewhere scheduled for removal after the season.

Those are often left in. If you have a titanium plate across your bone you will never break it again.

My dad broke his arm a few years ago and the plate, all 10 inches of it, is still in him. Doesn't impede bodily movement in anyway...and he can never reinjure it again. Win win really.

Those are often left in. If you have a titanium plate across your bone you will never break it again.

My dad broke his arm a few years ago and the plate, all 10 inches of it, is still in him. Doesn't impede bodily movement in anyway...and he can never reinjure it again. Win win really.

Sure some stay in, but some also come out after a year or 2. Fish has plenty of both :eek:

I was at the Bullants game on Saturday and asked one of the Bullants "suits" where Hadley was and they said he was scheduled for surgery to get him ready for pre-season. Jake Edwards was there also on crutches after knee surgery.

Setanta was sitting on the wing all alone wathing the game :( Not sure if he has had anything done yet.

I was at the Bullants game on Saturday and asked one of the Bullants "suits" where Hadley was and they said he was scheduled for surgery to get him ready for pre-season. Jake Edwards was there also on crutches after knee surgery.

Setanta was sitting on the wing all alone wathing the game :( Not sure if he has had anything done yet.

Would have been very handy on the weekend had they both played, but i'm pleased the club is taking a longer term view, and getting the players ready for day one of the pre-season.

Would have been very handy on the weekend had they both played, but i'm pleased the club is taking a longer term view, and getting the players ready for day one of the pre-season.

We probably would've won if Hads had played. One more midfield, hard ballgetter would have been handy. They did pretty well. Pfeiffer was there but didn't play either so not sure if injured. Strange since he played most of the year for the Ants.

Two Carlton listed players stood out which you can put down to their senior experience this year. Armfield and Anderson, very good.:thumbsu: Hartlett I'm not so sure about....attitude:thumbsdown:

Setanta was sitting on the wing all alone wathing the game

Hartlett I'm not so sure about....attitude
Very disappointing.

I hope Setanta wasn't sitting alone because of any reason (i.e. unhappy with club etc), and Hartlett....well.....for a guy who has an AFL position sewn up and is his to grab...........very very disappointing really.

He will find himself playing in the SANFL in a couple of years wondering if he could have been the better brother.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i was watching the EDFL rezzie's yesterday i walked past hoops and he was on crutches.
not sure whats wrong with him. had no moon boot or anything on.

if the club sent edwards in early it may suggest he will survive the end of year cleanout.

if the club sent edwards in early it may suggest he will survive the end of year cleanout.

That's what I thought. Think it's either Jake or Hartlett and wouldn't surprise me if Hartlett was the one to go. It's the only time of year where having an operation is considered a good sign hey!

ive mentioned this before, but a former Carlton player who is still close to the O'hAilpin boys said that not many Carlton players like them. The boys just dont fit in and dont seem to care for much more than the club and themselves....

Not surprising and interesting non the less

ive mentioned this before, but a former Carlton player who is still close to the O'hAilpin boys said that not many Carlton players like them. The boys just dont fit in and dont seem to care for much more than the club and themselves....

Not surprising and interesting non the less

Schmurf I dont know how many times Ive posted this as well, people like Setanta17 get stuck into me, but its the truth.....

On surgery you'd expect half if not more to go under the knife at the end of the year, they have that many scans and so forth that even the tinyest things are picked up and operated on

ive mentioned this before, but a former Carlton player who is still close to the O'hAilpin boys said that not many Carlton players like them.

So the passion that Setanta plays with on field is purely a selfishly motivated thing?:confused:

Why is it that so many guys run to him after kicking a goal and they jump around like they have won a flag.:confused:

Does anyone know how many times Judd has had surgery on his shoulder throughout his career?

Could be a regular thing for Judd, given the shoulder issues he had prior to being drafted. I'm sure some of the West Coast posters would know more though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Off season surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back