Official 2013 Collingwood Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a whisper our 5th, 6h and 7th rounders and retrospectively Toby Thoolen should get the job done otherwise GWS can go **** themselves. That's 3 picks and a tall FFS.

Won't work, they require experienced defenders!

Presti, Kelly and Pert maybe??? Hell give them Christian as well!

It's a miracle, there has been a confirmed trade.

@traderadio: BREAKING: @Fremantle_FC Viv Michie to melbournefc for pick 54. Story via @AFL_Nathan

You just ruined this thread with a non Collingwood trade.
What a waste of a thread.

If we waited for a Collingwood thread the interweb may no longer exist.:cool:

If we waited for a Collingwood thread the interweb may no longer exist.:cool:
The world may even cease to exist by the time trade period's over.
Whoever's the idiot who thought it would be a good idea to increase the length of trade period deserves a pat on the back and maybe a kick in the nads.
My curiosity..
3f0c25304e.jpg

Had chat with Swanny couple days back in Vegas he said he thinks Dids is going to Sydney I didn't ask if that was the Swans or GWS

I pray that it is GWS...

Please be GWS...

I would love nothing more than watching Heath Shaw be the General in defense and Dids kicking some Magic Sausage rolls out at Skoda stadium...

I will buy a GWS membership if Dids signs.

(If he goes to the Swans - you can forget about it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was in a meeting with Carl Steinfort yesterday, asked him if he'd had an approach from Carlton?
Said he had...but was also tossing up the Dee offer!

But that is what you are suggesting with McCarthy...

Let's not forget, next year we get Moore at or better than fair value (depending on who bids), so right there we are bringing in a key forward. Also, that key forward will already have the VFL grounding behind him this year, which is the same as McCarthy would. So no need to articially go after a key forward this year or next. In my opinion, getting good running / ball winning / ball delivering players into our stables is more of a priority, but if Hine thinks McCarthy is the best available at 11, I'm all for it. It is just that everything I've read suggests that he isn't, and therefore I would not want us to go for him just because he is a KPF.

I'm not the biggest follower of TAC and State comps so I'm prossibly over rating the kid, but I think he's got the potential to be a quality CHF. He marks well, has agility, chases, tackles and can slot a goal when the game is on the line. I might be a bit swayed with the Grundy story too as McCarthy is also a late starter and I see him as being one of those quiet talents that in time will be proven to be a very astute pick. Not quiet as big as Pendlebury, who at the time I was one of those people scratching his head unsure whether we'd screwed up or not. But just like how Pendlebury has shown he was the right choice, I think Macarthy can show the same. Must admit though at the time of typing that bit you quoted I was thinking that we'd be ending up with a pick 15-20 range for Shaw and that would be what we'd use on McCarthy.

From today's Age, courtesy of Emma Quayle and Jake Niall:

Collingwood and the Giants are yet to start seriously discussing the Heath Shaw trade, which will see GWS onballer Taylor Adams make his way to the Magpies. The Giants would like to separate the two deals - trading Adams for Collingwood's pick 10 or 11 (the Dale Thomas compensation pick) - but Collingwood would prefer a straight swap, or a trade involving a switch of later picks. The Pies are also in line to secure Swans Jesse White and Tony Armstrong, and possibly Brisbane's Patrick Karnezis. The Crows' refusal to trade Henderson means the Magpies still have pick 27 up their sleeve, though that choice could be worked into a trade where the club moves inside the top 10 in the draft order. Collingwood may look at trading pick 27, as well as either 10 or 11, for West Coast's pick six. The Eagles would slide four or five spots down the draft order but also gain the extra second round choice.

Had chat with Swanny couple days back in Vegas he said he thinks Dids is going to Sydney I didn't ask if that was the Swans or GWS

I got married in Vegas.

Collingwood and the Giants are yet to start seriously discussing the Heath Shaw trade, which will see GWS onballer Taylor Adams make his way to the Magpies. The Giants would like to separate the two deals - trading Adams for Collingwood's pick 10 or 11 (the Dale Thomas compensation pick) - but Collingwood would prefer a straight swap, or a trade involving a switch of later picks. The Pies are also in line to secure Swans Jesse White and Tony Armstrong, and possibly Brisbane's Patrick Karnezis. The Crows' refusal to trade Henderson means the Magpies still have pick 27 up their sleeve, though that choice could be worked into a trade where the club moves inside the top 10 in the draft order. Collingwood may look at trading pick 27, as well as either 10 or 11, for West Coast's pick six. The Eagles would slide four or five spots down the draft order but also gain the extra second round choice.
Jake ni

Collingwood and the Giants are yet to start seriously discussing the Heath Shaw trade, which will see GWS onballer Taylor Adams make his way to the Magpies. The Giants would like to separate the two deals - trading Adams for Collingwood's pick 10 or 11 (the Dale Thomas compensation pick) - but Collingwood would prefer a straight swap, or a trade involving a switch of later picks. The Pies are also in line to secure Swans Jesse White and Tony Armstrong, and possibly Brisbane's Patrick Karnezis. The Crows' refusal to trade Henderson means the Magpies still have pick 27 up their sleeve, though that choice could be worked into a trade where the club moves inside the top 10 in the draft order. Collingwood may look at trading pick 27, as well as either 10 or 11, for West Coast's pick six. The Eagles would slide four or five spots down the draft order but also gain the extra second round choice.[/quote

Jake Niall is worth listening to. He may have the inside oil since his brother is a player manager

If we end up with 6 & 10 (as mooted) and GWS baulk at a straight swap Adams/Shaw what about:

Shaw + 10 for Adams/Bugg + GWS pick 19? Would then give us 2 picks inside top 20 (although 19 could push out a little with compo picks). GWS would then have 1, 9 and 10.

Hope we don't get bent over by GWS in this shaw deal.
We would be the first club ever if we did.
Silvagni ex carlton thats why they are wingeing
If GWS want shaw and our second round pick 27 we demand Bugg potherwise NO DEAL

And don't forget Silvagni was seen at two of our VFL games this year (maybe more, I saw him at those games), checking out our twos. Still wondering who he was interested in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official 2013 Collingwood Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back