Official 2013 Collingwood Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we make a surprise play for Gumbleton?

maybe a 2nd/3rd round pick and tell him he'll get more forward line options than he will at Essendon

Could we make a surprise play for Gumbleton?

maybe a 2nd/3rd round pick and tell him he'll get more forward line options than he will at Essendon

The only thing holding him back at Essendon is himself (and his body made of glass), isn't it? Seems to get games in their forward line whenever he is fit.

Just a random twitter account, but did anyone hear Heath's manager say this?

@AFLnewsresults: Heath Shaw's manager has said that it is likely his agent will accept a trade to GWS which means the Pies will be able to get Taylor Adams.

Shaw for Adams, yes please.

The only thing holding him back at Essendon is himself (and his body made of glass), isn't it? Seems to get games in their forward line whenever he is fit.

Danniher is a similar player though and is a special talent, gumbles could struggle to get into the team when his body is good

On AFL trade radio they just said that's pretty much BS

will decide in 7-10 days his future, has a few written offers already.

Yeah just saw that, that's fine, can wait a week to see where Shaw goes, but will Adams wait?

Danniher is a similar player though and is a special talent, gumbles could struggle to get into the team when his body is good

Yeah, fair call.

Still think Gumbleton would have value to Essendon, especially if you consider Crameri to be on the way out, and think that Hurley (has always played better back than forward) and Carlisle (same) are better suited to being permanent backmen.

Back - Carlisle, Hurley, Cale Hooker
Forward - Daniher, Gumbleton, Patrick Ryder (2nd ruck)
Ruck - Tom Bellchambers

Can see how Gumby could be considered surplus though if they're looking at a different set-up (Tayte Pears as third tall back, even though he has played better on medium/smalls recently, and Hurley and Carlisle swinging back and forward).

Yeah just saw that, that's fine, can wait a week to see where Shaw goes, but will Adams wait?

Adams has a professional manager, he won't be rushed into a decision and will take it to the last day if needed to get the best deal for his client.

I think the Adams deal to pies or geelong is still a while away sadly

Bloody Hope so but this was Posted on Facebook after that:

Collingwood will have to wait between 7-10 days for Heath Shaw’s decision on his future, given he is currently overseas at the present time. It means his uncertainty of a new club will stall the Pies’ trade period plans, according to Mitch Cleary at Trade Week Radio.

Though I doubt that as Players have been Traded while overseas Before:rolleyes:

Super Slow Start to trade period. No Real News coming out this Morning.

Though I think it might be more News in the Afternoon as Last Trade Period trades where done between 2-6pm espially when Trade Radio was on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcdonald was always going to go before us though, don't think it changes our position from before

I think we're pretty lucky mate, I think WC were the only ones under Norf to nominate him, if no one below Norf nominated him Norf would have got him for a second rounder.

Suspect.

One would think Heater's manager and agent are the same person.

I think we're pretty lucky mate, I think WC were the only ones under Norf to nominate him, if no one below Norf nominated him Norf would have got him for a second rounder.

Everyone knew WCE were going to nominate him though which is why they didn't bother, clubs aren't going to let NM get a massive steal

Don't think that matters...im pretty sure we stay at the same pick

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Of course it matters, McDonald was off limits to everyone else, there was no guarantee of someone below Norf nominating him, it effectively puts us up a spot.

where was he rated in the draft?

Most people rate him around in the 3-8 category, NM were 100% going to take him at pick 8, and someone was 100% going to make them use pick 8 so this changes nothing.

As i said, the only reason WCE were the only club is other clubs didn't bother as WCE effectively shouted to everyone "WE WILL NOMINATE HIM" when they took him for medicals and several interviews

On Taylor Adams, most likely he will choose the Cats as he is an Old Falcons player and his family lives down there.
As for Garlett (Dayle)I would have him in a heartbeat.
He knows he stuffed up last year he will settle down or miss his future $$$ and just end up playing in the WAFL and being a forklift driver for the rest of his life

Remove this Banner Ad

Official 2013 Collingwood Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back