Official 2013 Collingwood Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Most people rate him around in the 3-8 category, NM were 100% going to take him at pick 8, and someone was 100% going to make them use pick 8 so this changes nothing.

As i said, the only reason WCE were the only club is other clubs didn't bother as WCE effectively shouted to everyone "WE WILL NOMINATE HIM" when they took him for medicals and several interviews

Oh well, still could have been worse though.

On Taylor Adams, most likely he will choose the Cats as he is an Old Falcons player and his family lives down there.
As for Garlett (Dayle)I would have him in a heartbeat.
He knows he stuffed up last year he will settle down or miss his future $$$ and just end up playing in the WAFL and being a forklift driver for the rest of his life

Well that was Why I think Adams will Choose Geelong as His Connection,Family and Barracked for Geelong.

Very Strong Ties.

Though Heater going to GWS might make GWS Send Adams to us:thumbsu:

It is a process which is scrutinised by all the recruitment departments prior to any draft in relation to the meeting held to specifically discuss these type of scenarios..

I use the Viney F/S selection as an example where it was decided prior to the draft that none of the teams would bid, hence giving Melb a leg up and enable them to select Viney with their 2nd round selection.

This year given Nths obvious strength (and the fact McDonald is a definite top 5 selection) it would have been pre ordained that one of the clubs prior to Nths pick would nominate Luke..

There's a Bugg in the system. And who's this Bugg anyway? Ruckman? FF? HBF?

46503d1340350842-custom-engraved-toilet-seat-t219721_fry_i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

Us getting Adams would depend more on Shaw than Geelong. There is no doubt that GWS could offer the most money (cap, COLA?) so would be the best financial deal for possibly his last contract. They might offer him a provisional 4 to get it over the line. His bro is there so it's not a terrible proposition.

This thread looks as likely as any to throw a hypothetical in

Our Pick 6 and 3rd Rd Compo for your Pick 10&11?

Absolutely wouldn't even consider this trade

in this draft there is virtually no difference between picks 6 and 10/11, flip of the coin which player will end up better

Would be getting rooted

Nah, we'd back Hine to pick a better player at pick 10 or 11 than you would at 6, Grundy is proof of that.

Very hard to give up 10 AND 11.

The beauty of early picks in a row in the top 20 is that you're all but guaranteed 1 gun, because these days, recruiting teams don't stuff up much anymore (unless Mick Malthouse is the coach).

Look at us last year with Grundy, Broomhead and Kennedy. What looks like 3 guns, is most certainly at the very minimum 1 in Grundy.

Having 10 and 11 means that you're going to get at least one of those picks very right.

If we only have 6, we could end up wasting it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very hard to give up 10 AND 11.

The beauty of early picks in a row in the top 20 is that you're all but guaranteed 1 gun, because these days, recruiting teams don't stuff up much anymore (unless Mick Malthouse is the coach).

Look at us last year with Grundy, Broomhead and Kennedy. What looks like 3 guns, is most certainly at the very minimum 1 in Grundy.

Having 10 and 11 means that you're going to get at least one of those picks very right.

If we only have 6, we could end up wasting it.

Very true - how many picks are you guys taking to the draft?

If you guys got another teen pick for Shaw - say 16, wonder whethr 6 would then fetch 10 and 16.

Leaving you guys with 6 & 11.

I appreciate the quality of the draft dictates whether such a trade is value. Some drafts it would be fair, others not.

If you guys got another teen pick for Shaw - say 16, wonder whethr 6 would then fetch 10 and 16.

I appreciate the quality of the draft dictates whether such a trade is value. Some drafts it would be fair, others not.

Hine has said publicly that this draft is shallow.

So my bet is that we'll keep 10 and 11 and gwet whatever decent kids are there, then possibly trade our other picks.

Hine doesn't rate this draft, wouldn't be surprised at all to see pick 10/11 traded for someone like Ada,s
I don't think he meant its a weak draft, I think he meant there isn't a lot of depth after the first round, reckon we'll be out after our second round pick (if we keep it)

I'd do that.

From trade radio:

12.55pm: Swan Districts coach Greg Harding tells Gillette Trade Radio he thinks talented 19-year-old Dayle Garlett deserves a chance at AFL level, after being overlooked in last year's NAB AFL Draft.
"It was a massive kick in the guts for him when he didn't get drafted," Harding said.
"The way he has come back from that has been absolutely outstanding. He went through a pretty tough patch, but once he came back to the club in January, since then he has been perfect.
"We couldn't be more proud of what he's achieved this year at our level."
Harding said he believes there are four or five clubs with "really strong" interest in Garlett, but several others who have ruled out taking him, including the two West Australian clubs.
"The club who takes him won't be disappointed, because he's a genuine 200-game AFL player," he said.

I'm starting to think this will be that situation where a Hawthorn or Geelong picks this kid up and he goes on to absolutely tear up the comp while we wonder why we didn't get him.

Can't shake that nagging feeling.

From trade radio:

I'm starting to think this will be that situation where a Hawthorn or Geelong picks this kid up and he goes on to absolutely tear up the comp while we wonder why we didn't get him.

Can't shake that nagging feeling.

We won't get him because 'Culture'

What is your current 2nd round pick?

We won't get him because 'Culture'

I still don't believe Bucks has that much of an issue with off field (within reason) as long as the on field is good.

Bucks lost it this year because they literally looked like they didn't give a shit out there. You can't have that AND have them causing trouble off field too.

1.30pm:
And the update is ... there is no update. No clubs have left Etihad Stadium yet. No one has announced anything. No one has even broken for lunch, except for the journalists.

The Sums up what happend this Morning

Remove this Banner Ad

Official 2013 Collingwood Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back