Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone listened to the Hately dt talk podcast and want to provide a brief summary?
Wants to play inside - training with the mids
Asked if he’ll average 85 - said hopefully more
Reckons Sloane is training the house down

I’m more bullish about his role now however grain of salt type stuff as it sounded like a typical AFL.com pre season puff piece.

Anyone listened to the Hately dt talk podcast and want to provide a brief summary?
the most concerning thing for me was that when he was asked about Laird playing mids, he didn't give a definitive answer. Just went on about his versatility. I hope Laird doesn't get squeezed out of the midfield with Hately/Shoen getting more time in there along with Mrouch/Sloane. Laird is still value even when playing as a defender but I reckon he could have averaged close to 110 playing the whole year as an inside mid.

Sounding like everyone will be playing some midfield according to Hately. You’d think Crouch is definitely in there. After that who really knows. Laird should be but do they swing him back? Sloane is getting on, maybe want some younger blood in there?

Sounding like everyone will be playing some midfield according to Hately. You’d think Crouch is definitely in there. After that who really knows. Laird should be but do they swing him back? Sloane is getting on, maybe want some younger blood in there?
WaynesWorld19 is probably best equipped for any Crows questions.

From what I read on the Crows board, Schoenberg and Sloane could see a bit of a split with mid rotations and HFF

WaynesWorld19 is probably best equipped for any Crows questions.

From what I read on the Crows board, Schoenberg and Sloane could see a bit of a split with mid rotations and HFF
Nicks is emphasizing speed ......Sloane will be on reduced mid minutes (2nd string midfield)

Latest is Schoenberg and Hately rotating out of midfield to HFF

Laird will rotate out of midfield to DEF ....probably with Smith & maybe stints from Hamill

How many Crows players is too many ?

Laird, Milera, Sloane and Hately all present value, but do you really want 4 players from the worst team last year ?
That’s what I was thinking. I’m off Laird, I know he’s been awesome before. But he was well down last year, is getting on and Crows have some good young kids coming through, only see 10 points upside at most

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do we think Preuss averages over the first 4 weeks?
Ryder/Marshall
Darcy (freo)
Gawn
Grundy

Are GWS a team that's going to use him around the ground?
Might be overthinking something simple but if O'Brien goes 450 over the first 4 compared to Preuss 280? who's better value.
Maybe a potential trade down when Preuss' draw opens up.

Ryder/Marshall
Darcy (freo)
Gawn
Grundy

Might be overthinking something simple but if O'Brien goes 450 over the first 4 compared to Preuss 280? who's better value.
I’m definitely looking to take him on. Problem is finding the coin.

Ryder/Marshall
Darcy (freo)
Gawn
Grundy

"What do we think Preuss averages over the first 4 weeks?"

Less than Hickey in my opinion.
And that probably stretches to the first 8 weeks.

According to the "Scale of Hardness". Oliver has it tough early.

Against the same teams last year he averaged over 100 (adjusted).

Ryder/Marshall
Darcy (freo)
Gawn
Grundy

" Might be overthinking something simple but if O'Brien goes 450 over the first 4 compared to Preuss 280? who's better value?"

O'Brien is 59 points per game more expensive than Preuss.

Last edited:
Wow. Last year Josh Daicos attended zero centre bounces.

Preuss was a genuine VFL ruck pig, has finally taken up a #1 ruck role, now plays for the best fantasy scoring team in the comp, and is priced under 400k. Far too much upside for me to pass up

But dt talk made an interesting point Preuss first 4 weeks could be rough he starts with St Kilda (ryder, marshall) Fremantle on the road (darcy) then gets gawn and grundy.

But dt talk made an interesting point Preuss first 4 weeks could be rough he starts with St Kilda (ryder, marshall) Fremantle on the road (darcy) then gets gawn and grundy.
Regardless he will make cash from the first four matches and if you are concerned about his opening fixture, it'll come down to how you see an alternative scoring comparatively over the medium term as I don't think you'll be able to use him as a downgrade option after 4 rounds nor would you want to.

Personally his price point combined with seemingly really good JS seems a no brainer

Main thing is though, is he's a solo ruck. He's also priced at around 50, when he should easily average at least 70. The boy also like a tackle due to his rugby background, so a few +4's will help too. At 377K, he was pretty much my first picked and allowed me to have a Top 2 Ruck in Grundy next to him

Taylor Adams in a fitness race for round one after injuring his hamstring at training

Preuss was a genuine VFL ruck pig, has finally taken up a #1 ruck role, now plays for the best fantasy scoring team in the comp, and is priced under 400k. Far too much upside for me to pass up

I think you're right. Preuss 2019 VFL numbers are insane 132 fantasy average with 52 hit outs per game.

but you look at other numbers in the comp.
Tom Campbell 115 average @ 33 hitouts per game, Pittonet 98 average @ 39 hitouts.
Campbell best AFL year is 79.4. Pittonet last year 68.4 average @ 24 hitouts per game.

I just don't think its as big of a lock as 40% of teams. Never played more than 4 games of afl footy in a row, and who knows if a GWS strategy is to duo ruck against Gawn/Grundy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back