Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think you're right. Preuss 2019 VFL numbers are insane 132 fantasy average with 52 hit outs per game.

but you look at other numbers in the comp.
Tom Campbell 115 average @ 33 hitouts per game, Pittonet 98 average @ 39 hitouts.
Campbell best AFL year is 79.4. Pittonet last year 68.4 average @ 24 hitouts per game.

I just don't think its as big of a lock as 40% of teams. Never played more than 4 games of afl footy in a row, and who knows if a GWS strategy is to duo ruck against Gawn/Grundy
Preuss is certainly a risk. Comes with injury concerns over the years as well. Seems to cheap to pass on though

Taylor Adams in a fitness race for round one after injuring his hamstring at training
Sigh I already remember why I hate this game...

Time to log in and make another change

Currently have Zach Merret at M1 but considering a 0 Uber Premium Mid strategy
I had a look at hately Rowell walsh taranto etc and went Grundy and Gawn in the ruck

I had a look at hately Rowell walsh taranto etc and went Grundy and Gawn in the ruck
That's what I was playing around with just before, but I was 100k short. If i drop Merret down to a potentially undervalued premium like Cripps I could maybe get Gawn and Grundy with some slight tinkering. Is it worth it?

That's what I was playing around with just before, but I was 100k short. If i drop Merret down to a potentially undervalued premium like Cripps I could maybe get Gawn and Grundy with some slight tinkering. Is it worth it?
at the moment we need a Collingwood player to get that loop hole

you just have to look at value add their projected scores hope for the best

Its preseason so I really shouldn't care Adams has done a hammy.

Still... it annoys me. I resisted starting with him last year for risk of being injury prone. I resited getting him all year becuase he was always 1 game away from injury... yet he got through the entire year and absolutely dominated.

This year... Adams was my first picked and my captain choice to lock it and throw away the key.

And he can't even make it to the preseason comp for me.

Ugh.

The longer this preseason goes the more mid pricey my midfield looks.

Somehow I find myself running the Grundy/Gawn combo.

It's a lot to spend in rucks..

Grundy is effectively a lock. I'm now warming to Gawn also. At his price tag he'll be impossible to get into my side all year (never managed it last year and just settled for less while I fixed elsewhere).

If Pruess doesn't set the preseason games alight I dont see any other option really.

And if all the Eddie quitting, Adams injuring himself news wasn't enough controversy for one day, now we have to watch out for people driving on the AFL field.

Yes kids, you read that correctly...driving...

Has anyone done much of a play around with 2 x Set forget rucks?
I have
And if all the Eddie quitting, Adams injuring himself news wasn't enough controversy for one day, now we have to watch out for people driving on the AFL field.

Yes kids, you read that correctly...driving...

Fair play to make it through and onto the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Local pre season behind closed doors games kicking off in a fortnight. Does anyone know if any stats will be provided for these?

Local pre season behind closed doors games kicking off in a fortnight. Does anyone know if any stats will be provided for these?
Don't know about that but I'd certainly appreciate information about upcoming scratch matches and also any live streams. Some clubs offer that service through their websites and others seem to be living in the past.

If Adams doesn’t play round 1 then Sier firms as yet another midpriced midfield option. Probably already had a spot in the Collingwood midfield given their offseason departures but if Adams now misses then it’s all but a certainty. At $402k it’s a pretty low risk selection; ~20 points of value you would think.

If Adams doesn’t play round 1 then Sier firms as yet another midpriced midfield option. Probably already had a spot in the Collingwood midfield given their offseason departures but if Adams now misses then it’s all but a certainty. At $402k it’s a pretty low risk selection; ~20 points of value you would think.
Sier May end up better even better value than Hately and Cunnington even

Been on my watch since Treloar left. I agree, could have a big role to play.

Dew said Rowell's return to the midfield would strengthen an area of the ground Gold Coast has developed depth in during the past 12 months.

He said Noah Anderson would spend more time "inside" in 2021, while Izak Rankine would also push higher up the ground to be on-ball more regularly in the coming year.

Don't know about that but I'd certainly appreciate information about upcoming scratch matches and also any live streams. Some clubs offer that service through their websites and others seem to be living in the past.
All I know at this stage is that Carlton play Essendon in a fortnight, will pass on anything else I find.

No other option ?

O'Brien
Witts
Nankervis
McInerney
Draper
Hickey

All viable R2s alongside Grundy

Ok there is other options, but O'Brien for 100k less doesnt seem right. Gawn will probably outscore him by 10-15pts per game on average. And you're basically locking yourself into that loss for the entire year (you'd never trade Obrien -> Gawn).

For the sake of another 100k I'd probably just be starting Gawn?

The rest are all speculative at best and will drop a lot more points on Gawn throughout the year. I don't mind Witts or McInerney for value though. But again, it'll be very late in the season you trade either of them to Gawn (if at all depending on injuries etc).

It's easier to bridge those gaps everywhere else cheaply. Rucks it almost never works out?

Confirmed so far

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-082129_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20210210-082129_AFL.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 28
I think we need some pies fans to tell us what his JS is like when Adams comes back.

I note he has pretty low TOG as well - what's the go there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back