Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmes has two full seasons averaging about 90 in the midfield. If he's playing midfield all pre season I don't see why it's speculative to go with him. He's just like Zac Williams who everyone is picking, except we have a body of evidence there and he's slightly cheaper

Harmes has two full seasons averaging about 90 in the midfield. If he's playing midfield all pre season I don't see why it's speculative to go with him. He's just like Zac Williams who everyone is picking, except we have a body of evidence there and he's slightly cheaper

interesting fascinating.gif

Rest of the AFL teams should be forced to follow suit.
Why?
Because the AFL imposed training restrictions on Freo & WCE last year just to make it fair to the Vic sides that couldn't train freely.
We all know that only applies when Vic teams are affected.

Didn't do it for AFLW when Adelaide was in lockdown or when Brisbane were.

How much cash do we want left over heading into round 1?

I’ve never been good at leaving left over cash to fix up rookie mistakes which always costs me. Sitting on about 90k but who knows if that will last!

I typically sit on zero - and regret it for weeks !!!!

I’ve never been good at leaving left over cash to fix up rookie mistakes which always costs me. Sitting on about 90k but who knows if that will last!
I usually don't worry about having money left over i go more for being happy with my team and having plans for if/when things go wrong to be able to sideways trade etc

I'm always for maximising the coin you have to spend as best you can to start the season. In saying that, if you're happy with your team and for example, have 50k left over, then I'd usually keep it because it always comes in handy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm always for maximising the coin you have to spend as best you can to start the season. In saying that, if you're happy with your team and for example, have 50k left over, then I'd usually keep it because it always comes in handy

I get to this position a few days out - and then tinker - making everything worse - until I end up with Zero - and then cannot fix anything....

Sydney coach John Longmire has confirmed that star forward Lance Franklin suffered a minor calf setback last week.

It's February first and buddy is still in the rehab group after not playing for nearly 2 years. Going to have to cross him off I think

Is this confirmed? Other people are allowed to go to work as labourers and facotry hands. Don't see why AFL players can't do the same.
This is unfortunately true .....looks like WA Clubs may end up hubbing it with WA's tight view on borders

Is this confirmed? Other people are allowed to go to work as labourers and facotry hands. Don't see why AFL players can't do the same.
People in factories make things like food, toilet paper, washing liquid.

Footballers aren't doing anything which contributes to society ATM.

Chewed up too much time putting this tally together. Maybe there is a resource out there that totals up point scoring for the last three years but anyway I manually (Excel) did it.

I am confident all the numbers here are correct but there is a possibility of some omissions. Apart from Tom Mitchell, I only used players that scored in the top 250 three years in a row, so maybe, as I say, there are omissions.

The reason for looking at this is that we focus so heavily on averages, including in calculating the price, but we don’t tend to focus much on overall annual totals which in turn reflects durability.

One example: Grundy vs Gawn.

Really, given some of the unnecessary sideways trades I have had to make in recent seasons, I am going to start targeting reliability rather than high averages. Hopefully it can be both.

Obviously if you’re taking players with discounts you are by definition taking injury prone / affected players. This is understandable because it is important we look for value, so I am mainly applying this consistency criteria to the premiums / keepers.

Over the course of his career, I reckon I have had Josh Kelly in my team 5 or 6 times. From when he was a rookie and Sheedy or more likely, Cameron rested him a lot, through to 2020. All the way through he has consistently missed games. His averages have been as good as anyone but I doubt I have had any more than 3 or 4 games without having to trade him. He has been a total disaster every time. All the while killing it, average-wise.

No more for me. From now on, the only risk taking on durability will be on players heavily under priced on past performances.

Ps. we now also have tougher concussion protocols to factor in.

The third column is the player’s average score if you held them for every game. It’s easy to see who misses regularly – their averages are way down. ie. Fyfe: 81. The aforementioned, Kelly: 77. Matt Crouch: 76.

View attachment 1049627
Interesting to see Goldstein in the top 5!

Are there really any R3 options? Currently I've got Thilthorpe sitting there (because I assume he'll play RD1) but unfortunately he's taking up 100k of extra coin. If he's playing, that's fine because at least he'll generate cash. But ideally a 170k pops up.

Max Lynch maybe? Not sure.

Are there really any R3 options? Currently I've got Thilthorpe sitting there (because I assume he'll play RD1) but unfortunately he's taking up 100k of extra coin. If he's playing, that's fine because at least he'll generate cash. But ideally a 170k pops up.

Flynn, Bryan, Meek?

I’m happy to bank 100k to use elsewhere and avoid Thilthorpe. Might mean a non playing R3 but I don’t see Thilthorpe fattening up enough before leaving the paddock. What’s he average? 40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back