Official: Andrew Lovett is now a Saint!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Official lovett a saint!

My theory is that Lovett will come into the midfield/Wing/run off half back and Armitage will take over the Ball role. This frees up Goddard as a third tall. Not sure if it will happen, but Roscoe said we were one class midfielder short of it. It is a chance. I would love to see Goddard forward. If it doesn't work, Goddard can go to half-back/Middle and Lovett can play forward. I just think that this adds more than just the needed pace. It adds flexibility.

Congrats

Win for Bombers as he's uncontracted and still unsettled
Win for St Kilda as he's still probably the quickest midfielder with a player of his skills. In a midfield with Montagna, Hayes and Dal Santo he'll never get the #1 tag which means he can float outside the packs all he likes and will dominate.

Rapt with this. Fills one of our few gaps being the pace department... now just for that lead up half forward...

His name is Tom Lynch. We drafted him for that role last year at pick #13. I expect him to step into the Saints side next year.

We just need to trade Ball for a 1st round pick now. Ball is worth it and your not going to find much talent beyond the first round of this draft anyway with so many top young players going to the gold coast.

Lovett's superior speed is going to boost our midfield stocks alot with so many good contested ball winners to feed it to him. He didn't have the support at Essendon and they already had plenty of outside players. He will compliment Gram and Ray on the outside nicely.

Can't catch him.

Fine downhill skiing in those vids there.

The first time I saw him under pressure he was getting bashed by Barham.

If he is not in clear space he is useless.

Downhill skiing eh - on a black run with tonnes of mogels maybe.

You did notice we were 15 points down with 5min left in a blizzard at the MCG when he did that run with Barham.

He'll be the icing on St Kilda's cake come finals next year.

Another top RL trade.

Our one glaring weakness was our once paced midfield. Plenty of top in and unders but no explosive pace.

Only cj had pace and he was busy blanketing the oppos best mid.

RL has addressed this weakness getting Lovett.

Lovett and Armo in the team and it is better than 09's IMHO.

Get a good deal for Ball and we have done very well (again).

Oh so have the Dons BTW

Happy with this, really happy. Good player at the bombers, he will be a star here because of the situation. Lots of inside midfielders to feed him the ball. Reiwoldt, Kosi and Goddard will get it on a silver platter the whole year. I pray that X can get his body right, because if we can consistently get him breaking lines on the wing aswell... Good trade for the bombers, he wasnt part of their next push so they set themselves up a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted on the draft and trading board that I felt a first round pick was a little too much for him. However with Ball leaving and a chance to recoup what we have spent on Lovett I am reasonably happy. Hopefully he adapts to the Trademark rather nicely.

I posted on the draft and trading board that I felt a first round pick was a little too much for him. However with Ball leaving and a chance to recoup what we have spent on Lovett I am reasonably happy. Hopefully he adapts to the Trademark rather nicely.

Glad you're happy brother.

Absolutely rapt with this trade!!! His ability to break the lines will enhance Rooy and Kosi more opportunities for more 1 on 1 contests.

Haha, was a good debate to have with RR last night, and I was swung.

Welcome aboard Andy!

In all seriousness, we may regret giving up a couple picks here and there in 4-5 years...but if we've got the 2010 or 2011 premiership cup (preferably both) I dont think we'll have too much to complain about! :D

Haha, was a good debate to have with RR last night, and I was swung.

Welcome aboard Andy!

In all seriousness, we may regret giving up a couple picks here and there in 4-5 years...but if we've got the 2010 or 2011 premiership cup (preferably both) I dont think we'll have too much to complain about! :D
No worries, mate;)

You've landed yourself a seriously talented player. I've seen it for the last 5 years and now you'll probably see it for the next few years which will include at least 1 flag. His ability to deliver at pace under pressure sets him apart from the rest. Can be unaccountable and somewhat lazy at times but this can be forgiven by his 15-20 touches per game which is pure class.

Pick 16 is close to what I was expecting. May have got pick 12 off Brisbane if Lovett wanted to go there but he wanted success and accepted less money to chase that success. This is the proverbial win/win trade though I think you've won it as we'll be lucky to get a player of similar quality with pick 16.

There's so much goodwill on this board. Good to see for a change.

Anyone thinking it might be a little bit awkward between him and riewoldt after the "go bash your misses" sledge a couple of years ago?

still pretty happy with the trade...soooo hoping he permanently takes raph's spot in the 22.

Anyone thinking it might be a little bit awkward between him and riewoldt after the "go bash your misses" sledge a couple of years ago?

still pretty happy with the trade...soooo hoping he permanently takes raph's spot in the 22.

Well Roo was part of the delegation that met with him on Friday (which was learnt about today) with Ross (who no longer gives me the shits, 'sorry bout that chief') and Lenny Hayes.
So I'm sure that all above would have said 'hope I wasn't out of line with that crack about....' and then said no doubt that at Stk its not going to be a walk with the pixies and that he'd have to work hard and get into line.

I do know that in the past McLovett and Raph have been a little niggly socially. But i'm sure its now a lovett lovin. Has to be.

awesome trade, armo will replace ball for alot less money and alot more attacking. jack steven has pace and will step up as well. If X can get roadworthy on a wing or half back we will be bloody strong. Also heyne and lynch coming through would make us into a hugely improved team. Thats a scary top up to a team that lost the grannie by a whisker.

must say Dons supporters on here showing some integrity, good to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official: Andrew Lovett is now a Saint!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back