Review Official Carlton EF review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi
I have a mate who is a mad bomber supporter,we have analysed the game and came up with this.
McVeigh,Hille.NLV are finished as footballers ,Davey will never be a footballer ,Jetta has much more upside than Davey.Stanton,Watson ,Hurley.Hocking Monfries,Keppell Crameri +Fletcher are great,Ryder is an enigma and as for the rest Carlisle looks the most promising. cant comment about Myers seen to little of him

You need to go hard at trade time -quality midfielder or two.and a fast running small forward ala Lovett

When we used to get beaten by your mob the guy who smashed us regularly was Lovett now we are doing it to you with Betts and Garlett

I think you have had a good year but questions will be asked if you dont go further up the ladder

Not necessarily (the ladder position).

For example North didn't progress this year from 9th, yet I think all would agree they improved.

We definitely miss Lovett, or somebody to "break the lines". If we don't draft somebody for that role this year I'll be pretty disappointed.

Hi
I have a mate who is a mad bomber supporter,we have analysed the game and came up with this.
McVeigh,Hille.NLV are finished as footballers ,Davey will never be a footballer ,Jetta has much more upside than Davey.Stanton,Watson ,Hurley.Hocking Monfries,Keppell Crameri +Fletcher are great,Ryder is an enigma and as for the rest Carlisle looks the most promising. cant comment about Myers seen to little of him

You need to go hard at trade time -quality midfielder or two.and a fast running small forward ala Lovett

When we used to get beaten by your mob the guy who smashed us regularly was Lovett now we are doing it to you with Betts and Garlett

I think you have had a good year but questions will be asked if you dont go further up the ladder

Nothing ground breaking here, but yes, about right IMO. Questions will always be asked if a team doesn't climb the ladder, but next year won't be our year to push for the flag.

Can't be bothered reading this whole thread but it fascinates me how no one wants to say anything negative about our big name players. If one of our lesser players turned in a bad performance their would be a "ROAST" thread on here for sure but it's all silent when the big names don't turn up to play.
I went to the game and I'm sorry but Jobe, Hille, McVeigh, Jetta, Hurley, and Zaka didn't turn up to play all day along with a few more, it was very hard to watch. Some of those mentioned are experienced senior players and are meant to bring leadership to a young side in finals it didn't happen. No one was presenting options. Hurley was well beaten. Zaka I didn't notice all day. As far as the kick ins went sitting behind the goals most of the players were walking away with their back to the play not even looking for the ball to come in.
Very hard for the defence to keep Carlton at bay with the mind set essendon had. I thought Myers did well until the last quarter where he let it slip away a bit. Hocking was good through the middle but he can't do it on his own. Monfries tried all day. Truth is half a dozen players can't win a final. If we make it next year I hope the whole side turns up to play.

Your joking ? Hurley had horrible delivery the whole game, but when there was some decent delivery in the first quarter he looked like he was going to tear the game apart.

Obviously he missed all of them, but he was looking on.

Don't think you can count Jetta as a big name player, but yeh he was horrible.

Zaka turned it over a few times which is surprising, but he tried.

Hille was ahh... expecting more of him, Warnock was too good.

Your joking ? Hurley had horrible delivery the whole game, but when there was some decent delivery in the first quarter he looked like he was going to tear the game apart.

Obviously he missed all of them, but he was looking on.

Don't think you can count Jetta as a big name player, but yeh he was horrible.

Zaka turned it over a few times which is surprising, but he tried.

Hille was ahh... expecting more of him, Warnock was too good.

You can't have good delivery when you dont present

Yes he was with 2 carlton players as well so either he wasn't capable of getting into space or where was our free player ? Your right it was a terrible performance but I'm still trying to get to the move on stage because we made Carlton look good by how we played. Maybe if the Eagles do the same to them this week I'll feel a lot better.

Think that people are forgetting that the team was disorganised when pears went off injured.

Hurley was on Henderson during the first quarter - Had the better of the battle and looked threatening - Pears gets injured - carlisle moves back - Carlton has an extra tall - So Jamieson can spend time on Hurley - First clash against Carlton - Jamieson did an excellent job on Hurley.

You know, we could have won an extra game or 2 and snuck into 7th, played st kilda in a final, won quite comfortably and thought ''hey, we arent that far off''.

Instead we copped the mother of all reality checks and as much as it hurt being at the ground, it is EXACTLY what we needed.

The players, coaches etc copped it right between the eyes of how far off it we are from the top 5 sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasons we were off come finals time:

1. Injuries and conditioning. Injuries robbed us of our best 22, interrupted our great form, our discipline and balance early in the season, which flows into:
2. Mental toughness. We don't yet 'want it' enough, we are not strong enough against adversity. Good form is too easily shattered by umpiring, injuries and losses.

We were missing 6 potentially 'best 22' players in the final: Dempsey, Winderlich, Hooker, Lonergan, Prismal and Crameri. Despite us having a relatively full team, there were too many players in our side that had missed chunks of the year through injury. Players like Watson, Fletcher, Stanton, Pears etc played but weren't fully firing like they were earlier in the season, although Stants was pretty good.

We need to get back to the press and really work hard on fitness, strength, discipline and work on strengthening our focus so that each and every week of 2012, we are on a mission to win.

If we can do all of that, we might find we don't cop such a raping from the umpires next year. They really ****ed us up at times this year, but they do tend to look after the really good sides, so we almost need to become better just to get them off our backs.

I'm still shattered about the loss to Carlton*. I'm pissed at a few players like Hille who looked like the didn't give a **** our there. But I also know that Carlton* cheated to get where they are, that they lied about the Visy deal and tanked for picks etc, so I don't read too much into their current standing. I have a lot of respect for their players though. The players themselves can't control what their club did and what their fans say, and the players played really well and deserved the win. They wanted it more than we did, and that's the bottom line.

I hope our hunger is greater next year. That and physical conditioning are the two biggest factors that will deliver us more improvement. If we focus on these two things, we will become a much better side.

You know, we could have won an extra game or 2 and snuck into 7th, played st kilda in a final, won quite comfortably and thought ''hey, we arent that far off''.

Instead we copped the mother of all reality checks and as much as it hurt being at the ground, it is EXACTLY what we needed.

The players, coaches etc copped it right between the eyes of how far off it we are from the top 5 sides.

This ^^ You'll be better for it in the long run, we worked a lot harder for it and it seems as if Hird is again making it a focus over preseason.

Never had much time for Monfries prior to last week, but he really impressed me. Best bomber last week, hopefully can become a bit more consistent next season. Bombers forward line is shaping up to be potent, if Jetta has a good off season I expect him to have a terrific season

Essendon are an interesting team, you have a great 'core' of young players but really fall off with experienced players. I think you have a lot of dead wood. Off the top of my head guys that are around 25+

McVeigh, Williams, Welsh, Hille, Davey all done imo
Winderlich, and Gumbleton (I know he's young) seem to always be injured
Slattery, Lovett-Murray, Dyson honest tryers
Fletcher, gun player but nearing the end.

Not too sure on Prismall but seemed to be heading in the right direction before injury. Bellchambers has to be given number 1 ruck duty full time next year.

Essendon will be the most interesting side to follow during trade week / drafts. You could quite easily stagnate next season and be passed by North, Richmond, Adelaide. So will be interesting to see if they trade for a mid or even perhaps pick up a top state league player.

Best of luck for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Official Carlton EF review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back