Official Mrs McLeod v Edwards Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Crow*Girl said:
If it counts for anyhing, their kids get on well together..:thumbsu:
Hopefully this doesn't affect the kids. The edwards have 3 sons and the mcleods a son and daughter hopefully the kids can still see each other.

'Crows stars won't leave'

ANDREW CAPEL, FOOTBALL WRITER
October 12, 2006 12:15am

ANDREW McLeod and Tyson Edwards are not going anywhere.

That is the strong message from Adelaide chief executive Steven Trigg who last night moved to end speculation that one of the Crow greats could be put up for trade because of a dispute between their wives.
"The two guys you are talking about are greats of our club," Trigg stressed.

"And we don't intend for them to go anywhere at all. We intend - and they intend - to remain one-club players.

"They've said it before, we've said it before and we'll say it again, they will remain with this football club."

It had been reported on Channel 10 that dual Norm Smith Medallist McLeod and Edwards had been handed an ultimatum and if the dispute was not settled McLeod could be traded to the Brisbane Lions. The deadline for trades is 1.30pm tomorrow.

"That won't happen," Trigg told The Advertiser.

"As I said, those guys aren't going anywhere."

Trigg is holidaying in Coolum but is being informed of the latest developments in the Rachael McLeod-Mandy Edwards feud which saw them become embroiled in a shouting match and a drink being thrown at the after-party of the Crows club champion award in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The two wives have been at loggerheads since the McLeods' relationship with former world No. 1 tennis player and Crows No. 1 ticketholder Lleyton Hewitt ended last year.

Edwards was a groomsman in Hewitt's wedding to actress Bec Cartwright. "I know this has gained a bit of momentum, that's not surprising at this time of the year, but whatever anyone might say about it, their (McLeod and Edwards) working relationship is fine and their form has continued to be excellent," Trigg said.

Both players - now in the twilight of their careers at age 30 but ranking as two of Adelaide's all-time greats - enjoyed outstanding seasons. Edwards was second in the Crows' club champion award behind Simon Goodwin and McLeod fourth, despite missing four games.

The club maintains it will continue to work through the issue with the families, including more mediation meetings. It is understood the two women have already had three mediation meetings at the club this year but McLeod and Edwards, who also had been asked to work out their differences, insist their working relationship is fine.

Trigg said the conflict would not result in any disharmony among the playing group. "I don't expect it to be an issue at all," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,20566537-21543,00.html

Just arriving back in SA from a week in a non-AFL loving state, and i gotta say i can't believe what i'm reading about this "incident"...

Is it just me or does anyone else think (or know) the real cause of animosity between these two, sure lleyton may have triggered it but to have continued this long there is something running pretty deep here...

I just hope after this public embarrassment, and ridiculous spectacle they have made of themselves, and lets be honest that's all they have really achieved, is that they can pull their heads in and realise that whatever their personal problems may be, there are a lot of other people that stand to lose from their nonsense; not least of all the AFC, their husbands and their own children !!

If they are worried about protecting their families and looking out for their best interests, as they allegedly are, how do you reckon the children will feel when they are packed up and moved to another state because make no mistake neither one of those boys is bigger or more important than the CLUB, if this problem continues to escalate!

So here's hoping the ladies build a bridge and get over it... because in case they hadn't noticed the rest of Australia already is !!!

this is so embarrassing. To think that a couple of skanky hoes could hijack the powerhouse that is the Mighty Adelaide Crows...ridiculous.

Just proves what everybody knew...ADELAIDE=SMALL TOWN MENTALITY.

Terry Tan said:
this is so embarrassing. To think that a couple of skanky hoes could hijack the powerhouse that is the Mighty Adelaide Crows...ridiculous.

Just proves what everybody knew...ADELAIDE=SMALL TOWN MENTALITY.

I'm a Crows supporter & I'm embarrassed by it, I wish the 2 women would realise they're not in high school anymore, get over their little cat fight & grow up!

It's pathetic, they are really embarrassing themselves & most importantly the club. I love Edwards & McLeod & dont want either of them to leave but man sick of it. :mad:

From Today's Tiser
Crows' peace deal
MICHELANGELO RUCCI, CHIEF FOOTBALL WRITER
October 13, 2006 12:15am

ANDREW McLeod and Tyson Edwards - and more so their feuding wives - are in a critical truce to save a shared dream of finishing their AFL careers as one-club players.

For the first time in two years, the Crows have successfully ushered both families to counselling.
Adelaide's concern reached new heights when coach Neil Craig visited McLeod's home on Wednesday asking the dual Norm Smith Medallist not to consider any move from Adelaide. After the wives' fall-out at the Crows club champion party on Friday night Adelaide officials warned McLeod and Edwards that if their families did not learn to co-exist at West Lakes, the club ultimately and reluctantly would have no option but to trade both of them.

The families move into counselling is not an ultimatum but a reality check for what looms as Adelaide's only option with McLeod and Edwards.

With critical counselling now underway - and to continue when both players return from their end-of-season holidays - the following also has unfolded with the off-field saga:

ADELAIDE yesterday - as counselling was finally embraced by all three parties - gained greater optimism McLeod and Edwards would remain effective team-mates.

The Crows are seeking to engender an off-field work environment in which both players - who are part of Adelaide's leadership group - are not compromised.

This came within a climate in which a frustrated McLeod was - without substance - being linked by third parties to Brisbane.

ADELAIDE emphasised it would not find a solution by trading one player. Choosing between McLeod and Edwards - both heroes to the club's huge supporter base - would have created more problems.

Adelaide yesterday, in consulation with the players, released a statement saying: "Both players intend to be one-club players.

"And it is the club's very firm intention for that to be also the case."

ADELAIDE used diplomatic savvy to salvage the image of McLeod's wife, Rachel, who has been blamed for the fracas at the Swish nightclub after the Malcolm Blight Medal count.

Most difficult for the Crows is understanding how the incident - which ultimately led to Mandy Edwards throwing a glass of drink on Rachel McLeod - began.

Those sympathetic to the Edwards family claim Rachel made a gesture to Tyson Edwards to mock his second placing to Simon Goodwin for the club best-and-fairest title.

The McLeod backers say it began with remarks Mandy made of Rachel to Ken McGregor's girlfriend.

They also bring into question Tyson Edwards' remarks to Rachel when the drink was thrown and the glass thrown to the ground, where it broke.

Also in dispute is whether the Edwards were asked to leave by the nightclub's security or chose to leave.

Adelaide's statement yesterday noted many have sought - particularly with well-placed prompts to the media - "to apportion the blame to one party or the other".

"The club wishes to remind everyone that there are always two sides to a story and the club's focus is about resolving the issue satisfactorily so that the players can maintain their good working relationship," the statement adds.

COUNSELLING has begun with separate sessions for each family. Ultimately, all four are aiming to be in the same room for counselling - and then at the same club and also at AFL functions without concern.

However, all this must withstand the pushing to gossip columnists of explosive and conflicting accounts of how the rift - with the players' friendship with club No. 1 ticketholder and tennis star Lleyton Hewitt at its centre - has played out in the past two years.

Adelaide yesterday appealed for "respect (of) both parties' privacy in this matter".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Mcleod/Edwards saga

Kangaboy said:
Have mcleod and edwards settled their feud? will mcleod be delisted and nominate for the PSD if not?

yes, they will both be delisted.

you'll only be able to get one in the psd though, as someone else will grab the other before it's your turn again.

Is there not a thread on here about this subject?

Carl Spackler said:
Maybe they could get some tips from Wayne Carey about maintaining relationships with team mates when there are off field dramas?

Is one of Mrs Edwards/McLeod going to end up in a barrel in Snowtown?

You could have a Snowtown Showdown!

macca23 said:
That we could.

When you had the Carey affair I guess you thought you had a Banga Kanga?? ;) :p

Actually, the Carey thing showed the strength of the NMFC. It happened, players got together and he was out a few days later -- to youse as I recall.

And then we came out and beat Port over there the next game we played.

That said, we didn't have a tool like Lllllllllllllleyton Hewitt involved.

Guys, I need a bit of a clarification here. In today's advertiser Rucci wrote that Mandy Edwards is a sister of Darren and Andrew Jarman. I thought Fudd and Tyson married the 2 sisters and are only related by marriage :confused:

Am I wrong, or has Rucci got his "facts" messed up again?! :confused:

Stiffy_18 said:
Guys, I need a bit of a clarification here. In today's advertiser Rucci wrote that Mandy Edwards is a sister of Darren and Andrew Jarman. I thought Fudd and Tyson married the 2 sisters and are only related by marriage :confused:

Am I wrong, or has Rucci got his "facts" messed up again?! :confused:
That was my impression as well but a main board poster inferred that Mandy is Darrens wifes sister.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Mrs McLeod v Edwards Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back