Official Mrs McLeod v Edwards Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This situation needs to be resolved one way or another. The last thing I would want is to have either Andrew or Tyson leave the club because of there wives. That is exactly what will happen if this isn't worked out.

I have met Rachel and don't like her. However she is only part of the problem. Mandy needs to buck up her game aswell.

Time for Triggy to step in. Our club is at risk.

k
xx

Stiffy_18 said:
IMHO, the problem is not between McLeod and Edwards but between the 2 pea brains that can't stay out of the way of each other. If this doesn't get solved, it could seriously damage the club.

Ok so they make up and are all happy.

Then what do we do with Hewitt? The Crows number 1 ticket holder not being able to go and hang with the boys and join in celebrations. Does this happen at any other club. The number 1 ticket holder fighting with player(s).

I reckon we trade Macca for a younger player (first round pick) and get Bec down to the club aswell. That will lift the spirits. ;)

Both these women need to realise that playing football at AFL level is a "place of work" for both Edwards and McLeod. Okay you don't get on, but to fight publicly like has happened is disgraceful. :(

AdelaideCrow9 said:

Then what do we do with Hewitt? The Crows number 1 ticket holder not being able to go and hang with the boys and join in celebrations. Does this happen at any other club. The number 1 ticket holder fighting with player(s).

Lleyton could go hang out with Allan Scott.

And trading Macca?

Him & Hart going in the same year? I don't know if I could handle that.

AdelaideCrow9 said:

I reckon we trade Macca for a younger player (first round pick) and get Bec down to the club aswell. That will lift the spirits. ;)
And that wouldn't have anything to do with Edwards being your favourite player :rolleyes:

Easy and somewhat cowardly option is to trade one of them. I still hold hope that things can be wroked out.

As for Leyton, so you would rather keep a #1 ticket holder than a club champion and one of the all time great?! Mind boggling stuff!

Leyton doesn't have to hang out with anyone and if the club wants him to join in on the celebrations I am sure there are 43 other players that he can hang out with. They don't have to hang out together. There are 44 players on an AFL list and not all of them get along.

Tyson and Andrew are professionals and the rift between their wives has not affected their work on the field. You don't trade players, club champions I might add, just because thier wives don't get along.

Stiffy_18 said:
Tyson and Andrew are professionals and the rift between their wives has not affected their work on the field. You don't trade players, club champions I might add, just because thier wives don't get along.

Totally agree Stiffy. Clearly, as you say, it has nothing to do with the players.

However I would hope that after this latest bout of mediation and conciliation provided by the club, it lets these two little tigresses know in no uncertain manner that such behaviour will no longer be tolerated by the club.

All the club is demanding is simple common civility and courtesy, not lovey dovey friendship.

They should also be advised that if one or both of the two wives breaks the standards set for them by the club in future, then they will be permanently banned from any club function.

Such displays of childish ignorance and rudeness cannot be tolerated as part of our footy club. :thumbsdown:

Loved Ricciuto's comments on the matter. When asked he replied that he wasn't aware that there was an incident. What a legend.

Stiffy_18 said:
And that wouldn't have anything to do with Edwards being your favourite player :rolleyes:

Easy and somewhat cowardly option is to trade one of them. I still hold hope that things can be wroked out.

As for Leyton, so you would rather keep a #1 ticket holder than a club champion and one of the all time great?! Mind boggling stuff!

Leyton doesn't have to hang out with anyone and if the club wants him to join in on the celebrations I am sure there are 43 other players that he can hang out with. They don't have to hang out together. There are 44 players on an AFL list and not all of them get along.

Stiffy, did you notice the ;) at all.

I would rather keep a tennis player than one of the best football players in this country and my favorite player next to Edwards. :confused:

Did I say that. I don't think so. I believe I mention trading Macca for a first round draft pick and as a result we would get Bec down the club. (wink, wink)

I trust that whatever NC and the AFC desides is the best thing for the club, players and all parties involved no matter what.

I just want Bec at the club. :p ;) ;)

macca23 said:
They should also be advised that if one or both of the two wives breaks the standards set for them by the club in future, then they will be permanently banned from any club function.

Such displays of childish ignorance and rudeness cannot be tolerated as part of our footy club. :thumbsdown:

absolutely agree. well said.

k
xx

macca23 said:
Totally agree Stiffy. Clearly, as you say, it has nothing to do with the players.

I second that. Great idea. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Carlton say no to McLeod AND Edwards for Gibbs?

Adelaide could also release Hewitt as No 1 ticket-holder.
Carlton could have him too for a clean solution to the whole mess.

Adelaide dramatically sharpens up its rebuilding, which it must do sooner, rather than later... and the wives have a much bigger city in which to strut their stuff.

There could be a walk-on role in Neighbours for one or all of them... with Carlton taking 10% management fees... and I don't think actor payments come under the salary cap.

Win/win all round, I think.
:rolleyes:

Did anyone notice throughout the year when either of them kicked or something, did they celebrate with each other?

I didnt know there was a rift between the players when watching them on the field, but at the same time I cant remember them celebrating together either.

I don't know how reliable this is as it is second hand - from my Mrs.

She knows a girl who babysat for the McLeod's last night, apparently the bust up has gone further than just the wives and included Tyson and Andrew after the much talked about stoush last friday night.

Andrew McLeod has 'apparently' asked the club to be traded to the Brisbane Lions.

I'm not sure how much I believe it.

Blue Red and Gold said:
Did anyone notice throughout the year when either of them kicked or something, did they celebrate with each other?

I didnt know there was a rift between the players when watching them on the field, but at the same time I cant remember them celebrating together either.
I have kept a reasonably close eye on this throughout the year and I have seen both of them pat each other when one of them kicks a goal. If their relationship off-field is strained they certainly do a great job of maintaining professional approach on the field.

I honestly think that this is being blown out of all proportions here. Sure the wives hate each other and it makes it extremely difficult for the husbands but there are other ways of dealing with it that doesn't involve trading as everyone in the media seems to be suggesting.

Stiffy_18 said:
I have kept a reasonably close eye on this throughout the year and I have seen both of them pat each other when one of them kicks a goal. If their relationship off-field is strained they certainly do a great job of maintaining professional approach on the field.

Why?

Stiffy_18 said:

I honestly think that this is being blown out of all proportions here. Sure the wives hate each other and it makes it extremely difficult for the husbands but there are other ways of dealing with it that doesn't involve trading as everyone in the media seems to be suggesting.
Cheers stiff

JohnK said:
Because I wanted to see if the rift is affecting thier performance on the field. Its very easy for one of them not to pass the ball to the other one if the is an opportunity to do so but at no tiem this year did I notice that they are ignoring each other on the field. If anything, I would say its the opposite.

Stiffy_18 said:
Because I wanted to see if the rift is affecting thier performance on the field. Its very easy for one of them not to pass the ball to the other one if the is an opportunity to do so but at no tiem this year did I notice that they are ignoring each other on the field. If anything, I would say its the opposite.

Did you think this rift between the wives has been or could have been an issue all this season, Stiffy?

JohnK said:
Did you think this rift between the wives has been or could have been an issue all this season, Stiffy?
There have been rumours since pre-season that two of them don't get along because of their wives. Its only natural that husbands will side with wives and it could affect their performance. I knew that people would be making it possibly into something more than it was.

From what I have seen on the field, I don't think its affected their performance. What they do, or how they get along away from the club is really none of our business.

Stiffy_18 said:
There have been rumours since pre-season that two of them don't get along because of their wives. Its only natural that husbands will side with wives and it could affect their performance. I knew that people would be making it possibly into something more than it was.

From what I have seen on the field, I don't think its affected their performance. What they do, or how they get along away from the club is really none of our business.

But you thought about it all season? Is that what you are saying?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Mrs McLeod v Edwards Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back