Official Mrs McLeod v Edwards Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't a bust up between a captain of a club and its players (which resulted in the removal of two players and one official) plus the ongoing dislike of him by a large section of the playing group, be more important and damaging to the team than a bitch between two players wives? I am surprised that this didnt get more coverage.

The Twilight Zone said:
Wouldn't a bust up between a captain of a club and its players (which resulted in the removal of two players and one official) plus the ongoing dislike of him by a large section of the playing group, be more important and damaging to the team than a bitch between two players wives? I am surprised that this didnt get more coverage.

Don't really give a stuff about another clubs gossip pages even if it is PA & even though i have joined in on the giggly bits.

I'm a little perplexed as to why our club has not got a hold on this situation over the amount of time it has been brewing. :confused:

We are a professional football club & one thing that can lead into a partial disintegration of that club is a situation like the one we are experiencing at the moment = 2 developing camps within the playing group that are compelled to choose sides.

Any more public displays like those that were on show last week & i wouldn't hesitate in showing the door to all concerned regardless of who or what they are.

One of the most disappointing years i can remember for the AFC since our inception & i don't mean the playing side of it.

Markthirtytwo said:
Ah! So liviing in a city where continual gridlock occurs is navarna.

Oh, we also don't have the best police force money can buy either. :thumbsu:
Why bother responding to fool and their idiotic jibes ? You just encourage them. Ignore stupid trolls and get on with exploring your interest in footy.

Stiffy_18 said:
Guys, I need a bit of a clarification here. In today's advertiser Rucci wrote that Mandy Edwards is a sister of Darren and Andrew Jarman. I thought Fudd and Tyson married the 2 sisters and are only related by marriage :confused:

Am I wrong, or has Rucci got his "facts" messed up again?! :confused:

That was what I'd always been led to believe.

Re: Mcleod/Edwards saga

SweetLeftFoot said:
Actually, the Carey thing showed the strength of the NMFC. It happened, players got together and he was out a few days later -- to youse as I recall.

And then we came out and beat Port over there the next game we played.

That said, we didn't have a tool like Lllllllllllllleyton Hewitt involved.

strength? have you not seen your fortunes since he left?

Re: Mcleod/Edwards saga

Crow-mo said:
strength? have you not seen your fortunes since he left?

I meant the strength of the club culture. The fact that didn't fall in a giant heap and finish bottom every year says that.

It could have killed us.

Interesting to see Rucci trying to drag out this incident in the media for as long as he possibly can yet more juicy stories, such as the Brogan multiple assault charges and the Peter Burgoyne incident, he gave hardly a mention too. Also, interesting to note that these days most anti-Port stories have to get broken interstate first - ie Players dislike Tredrea and Port Power v Port Magpies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SpringChoke said:
Interesting to see Rucci trying to drag out this incident in the media for as long as he possibly can yet more juicy stories, such as the Brogan multiple assault charges and the Peter Burgoyne incident, he gave hardly a mention too. Also, interesting to note that these days most anti-Port stories have to get broken interstate first - ie Players dislike Tredrea and Port Power v Port Magpies.

Not sure if i read it right but the impression i got this morning after reading Rucci's article was that it was in some way a retraction of sorts to what he wrote on sat in regards to the Hewitt factor.

I think this is the article you were referring to noddy
Why Hewitt's still Crows' No. 1
MICHELANGELO RUCCI
October 16, 2006 12:15am

IN the now infamous "catfight" moment at the after-party to the Crows' club champion dinner on October 6, Lleyton Hewitt's name was not mentioned once.

In the aftermath, the South Australian tennis pro has been presented as a central figure.

If in any war truth is the first casualty, Hewitt is at risk of being collateral damage as the fall-out to the two-year Mandy Edwards-Rachael McLeod saga deepens into greater public debate.

Indeed on Friday afternoon there was increasing speculation as to whether Hewitt would remain the Adelaide Football Club's No. 1 ticketholder.

Team Hewitt - the multimillion-dollar business that protects the image of Australia's leading tennis player - did well to consider, if not influence, how the "she said-she said" tales were presented in the South Australian media.

Outside Adelaide, they were not so effective as evidenced by Melbourne's Age writing Hewitt is the key link to the football wives' "source of bad feeling" and "hatred, hurt and envy".

For those who need the backgrounding: Mandy Edwards, wife of Crows midfielder Tyson, and Rachael McLeod, wife of Crows half-back Andrew, clashed at the Swish nightclub on North Tce in the after-party to the count for the Malcolm Blight Medal won by midfielder Simon Goodwin.

Harsh words were exchanged, allegedly after remarks about Andrew McLeod who was not nearby. Mrs Edwards threw a drink on Mrs McLeod. The emptied glass was smashed. Tyson Edwards entered the verbal clashing. Bouncers moved everyone on.

The public and media debate has focused or questioned whether any supposed jealousy in this long-running saga relates back to Hewitt. After all, McLeod was once close to Hewitt - even lived in his house when the two sportsmen were estranged from their respective partners - and enjoyed all the trappings of his fame, including the black Ferrari. He is now distant from Hewitt.

The Edwards family is very close to Hewitt, attending his wedding to glamorous Australian actress Bec Cartwright in Sydney.

It is time to remove the Hewitt factor from the saga - and spare Hewitt from becoming known in any way as a spur to fracturing the Crows, on and off the field.

Andrew McLeod - who sued Hewitt in the Federal Court last year to keep images of Aboriginal sites around Darwin out of Hewitt's DVD of life off the tennis court - chose to end his friendship with Hewitt. Why, he has never publicly explained. That is his right as it was to no longer call Hewitt a friend.

McLeod has made it clear to Adelaide officials he has no issue with Hewitt being the club's No. 1 ticketholder and being in the team's inner sanctum on match day. McLeod has learned to live around Hewitt.

But what of Rachel McLeod, who was very public in her views when Hewitt's engagement with Flemish tennis player Kim Clijsters ended in October 2004?

It is assumed much of this "catfight" saga is based on Mrs McLeod's jealousy at Mrs Edwards slipping into the breach of the Hewitt limelight. Hence, the infamous "You stole my life" line incorrectly attributed to Mrs McLeod saying to Mrs Edwards at the Ben Hart testimonial dinner at Hindmarsh on June 3.

Those in the know tell that Mrs McLeod refuses to give up her friendship with Clijsters. They remain friends, they are in regular contact and will meet again early next year. She is said to have joined her husband in having no interest in the Hewitts.

And so the long-stated, overstated Hewitt factor in the "catfight" can be dismissed. Adelaide does not need to find a new No. 1 ticketholder. The Hewitts need not fear their name being constantly dragged through the high-profile saga that is clearly - maybe simply - fuelled by personality issues.

As the Edwards family continues to holiday on Australia's east coast and the McLeods plan to return to Darwin, Adelaide officials in the next month will get a much-needed reprieve from the fascinating Footballers' Wives saga.

When pre-season training starts later next month, Adelaide coach Neil Craig will have to deal with how McLeod and Edwards fit in his leadership group. Adelaide's hired mediator will get on with counselling the two warring families to co-exist at West Lakes.

On setting the record straight, it is appropriate to correct one point from Saturday's Advertiser - Mrs Edwards is the sister-in-law, not sister, of Adelaide 1997 and 1998 premiership goalkicking hero Darren Jarman.

SpringChoke said:

Keith Conlon was sarcastically referring to this very thing on 5aa this am when talking to KG.

He made reference to that we are being subjected for weeks to the Edwards McLeod family episodes by a certain media correspondent.

He then said, which is very telling

"when is that same person going to reveal the names of the Port players who are in exactly the same situation?"

to which KG chuckled and replied that he wasn't going there.

Rucci the biased hypocrite!!

C'mon Rooch - who are the names of the Port players who won't speak to each other??

A bit of honesty in journalism please!!

Conlon also pointed out the difference in reaction of the media to the delisting of the 31 year old Bishop to the 32 year old Hart. One line in the paper for Bishop when it's fresh news. A double spread in the paper for Hart when it's already been hashed to death and stale news.

macca23 said:
"when is that same person going to reveal the names of the Port players who are in exactly the same situation?"

Interesting use of the word EXACTLY. The everyone hates Tredrea episode wasn't exactly the same. You'd think if it was exactly the same, then Tredrea's missus would be involved.

And if that was the case, it would be most revealing that we haven't heard about it yet.

macca23 said:
Keith Conlon was sarcastically referring to this very thing on 5aa this am when talking to KG.

He made reference to that we are being subjected for weeks to the Edwards McLeod family episodes by a certain media correspondent.

He then said, which is very telling

to which KG chuckled and replied that he wasn't going there.

Rucci the biased hypocrite!!

C'mon Rooch - who are the names of the Port players who won't speak to each other??

A bit of honesty in journalism please!!

Conlon also pointed out the difference in reaction of the media to the delisting of the 31 year old Bishop to the 32 year old Hart. One line in the paper for Bishop when it's fresh news. A double spread in the paper for Hart when it's already been hashed to death and stale news.

Ben Hart = 2 premierships. Matthew Bishop = 1 premiership.
Ben Hart = 4 All Australians. Matthew Bishop = 0
Ben Hart = 2 x club champion. Matthew Bishop = 0
Ben Hart = 1 club. Matthew Bishop = 2 clubs.
Tell me when they get close to the same league .....
U Crowies are so, so funny.

I read in The Age that some of your players have their wives dropping photocopies of contracts into letter boxes and pawning medals at Cash Converters. Wonder why that isn't in the Tiser???

Perhaps Keith Conlon will work us thru that on AA tomorrow????

bighawk1961 said:

I read in The Age that some of your players have their wives dropping photocopies of contracts into letter boxes and pawning medals at Cash Converters. Wonder why that isn't in the Tiser???

I agree you can't compare the playing careers of Harts with Bishops but the principle of the matter is still the same & i'm sure we could throw in the sacking of Kingsley into the mix as well as he had injury concerns did he not ?

Who are these PA players/wifes who can't get along with each other & are they as vocal as our 2 couples ??

bighawk1961 said:

I knew that would flush you out Rooch.

Now how about a bit of honesty and name the Port players involved in a similar situation to Edwards/McLeod.

If Keith Conlon knows, surely such a leading identity as yourself knows. :)

PS And how about answering the question directly rather than using your radio tactic of distraction.

macca23 said:
I knew that would flush you out Rooch.

Now how about a bit of honesty and name the Port players involved in a similar situation to Edwards/McLeod.

If Keith Conlon knows, surely such a leading identity as yourself knows. :)

PS And how about answering the question directly rather than using your radio tactic of distraction.

Hey macca23, i know rucci but i am not the rooch. Just like you know him ... so why don't you just telephone him or email him ...

I think people here are like dog with a bone. You jump at every single thing that gets written, right or wrong. I bet most of you read that its written by Rucci, flick the anti-Rucci switch, and then proceed to read and pick on the most miniscure of things to slag on.

I saw absolutely NOTHING wrong with the article. He wanted to set the record straight that this fued is not about Hewitt and everyone seems to believe. This is simply a clash of personalities. Secondly, Rucci doesn't decide himself what the topic of his article will be. It is decided by the editorial committee that meets a day before to dicsuss what they will write about tommorrow. Lets not forget that Rucci is not Murdoch here :rolleyes:

If people are picking on his article this morning, then I suggest you take a good hard look at yourself. There was nothing there that was controvesial or taking a dig at the AFC. It was an article to set the record straight and retract some comments that were made in the last 2-3 days. Nothing wrong with that IMHO.

If anyone listened the radio over the weekend, Rucci was one, and might I add the only one that didn't really want to discuss the fued and was very quick to question those who took sides in the debate. From me he gets the :thumbsu: on that. He even asked KG it was football related in real sense.

Secondly, Rucci was teh host of Sunday Roast yesterday and at the top of the program he said he will not discuss the "fued". He set the agenda early and the rest of the program there were no calls on the fued between the 2 wives.

Sometimes, I am beginning to think that people just bag him for the sake of it. If that article was written by Andrew Capel no one would so much as mention it but because its Rucci lets get the knives out :rolleyes:

Now, don't get me wrong, I never have and never will rate Rucci as a journalist. I think he often writes a lot of crap but sometimes he can write a good piece or 2 that deserve to be respected. Just because we sometimes don't like to hear what is reality, it doesn't make him responsible for it.

I had absolutely not problem with what he wrote today. I would go as far as to say that its one of the most balanced articles written on the issue and well done to him for doing it in unbiased, somewhat respectable manner.

His article on the Meesen, Reilly and pick 14 for pick 1 trade, was a load of crap and he deserves to be criticised for it.

As for the Port thing, I think you lot need to realise that the spit between the port players and or wives has never been made public because the club handled it a lot better than we did. We thought that if we ignored it, it would go away. Port nipped in the bud. Maybe its something we should learn. Problem don't go away when ignored, they just magnify.

Stiffy_18 said:
I think people here are like dog with a bone. You jump at every single thing that gets written, right or wrong. I bet most of you read that its written by Rucci, flick the anti-Rucci switch, and then proceed to read and pick on the most miniscure of things to slag on.

People do the same thing with Chris McDermott and his alleged chip on his shoulder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Mrs McLeod v Edwards Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back