Preview OFFICIAL PREVIEW AFL ROUND 19 - Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns Saturday July 23rd at 7.10pm @ the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It would be a massive surprise if Richy wasn't selected if he is available/fit.

So would I, but older player/soft tissue injury and want him fully fit for finals might mean extra rest is tempting.

Cockatoo went well down back, might give him an extra week to see what he does in what could be a tighter game.

He's kicked 16.9 in the last 8 weeks, that's 2 goals per @ 64%.. so no actual offence taken, just not sure where your confusion is coming from
Confusion was I didnt realise you were looking at his stats for the last 8 weeks only....all good. His current season stats (which was what I was looking at) is below 2 goals a game and his game last week (the only time I have really watched him play) was pretty ordinary at best.
Overall I would back our forward line against the GWS forward line any day and the stats show we are performing pretty good.
Cheers.

Not surprised accuracy has gone to water when the pressure ramps up. We’ve seen this happen regularly in finals as well. Sadly it’s mental.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
A couple of times last week Joe marked on 50m, instead of going back for a set shot or choosing a target, he's run around got off balance & kicked it to nowhere.. sure it's great when he can pull those ones off but we need to get the basics right first.

Anyway, a lot of us can see worrying trends creeping in, I'm just hoping we can remedy it!

Its a team game...who kicks the goals isn't relevant as long as we kick them.
That’s not the issue with our bigs though, when another team gets on top a lot of the time our talls aren’t bringing the ball to ground. I feel like when our talls go missing it’s because they’re not impacting contests rather than not hitting the scoreboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So would I, but older player/soft tissue injury and want him fully fit for finals might mean extra rest is tempting.

Cockatoo went well down back, might give him an extra week to see what he does in what could be a tighter game.

That’s not what you said though. You said AhChee being available was bad news for Rich. Like Rich was in danger of not being selected if AhChee was being selected. That two are unrelated. Rich plays if fit regardless of AhChee being selected or not.

That’s not what you said though. You said AhChee being available was bad news for Rich. Like Rich was in danger of not being selected if AhChee was being selected. That two are unrelated. Rich plays if fit regardless of AhChee being selected or not.

That's why I wrote the second post - the first one didn't say what I was thinking.

That’s not the issue with our bigs though, when another team gets on top a lot of the time our talls aren’t bringing the ball to ground. I feel like when our talls go missing it’s because they’re not impacting contests rather than not hitting the scoreboard.
Agree...the way the ball is brought into the forward 50 has a huge bearing on how our tall forwards perform as well.

A couple of times last week Joe marked on 50m, instead of going back for a set shot or choosing a target, he's run around got off balance & kicked it to nowhere.. sure it's great when he can pull those ones off but we need to get the basics right first.

Anyway, a lot of us can see worrying trends creeping in, I'm just hoping we can remedy it!
In Quinlans time, Joe would have been described as a "2 bob lair". All the talent in the world but only prepared to do the spectacular.

Players like AhChee, Mitch, Starce, Prior.......the guys that bust their nuts further up the field, must look at the squandered chances that THEY have created and just die a bit inside.

Bummer for Kiddy​

Gun Lion set to miss QClash​

BRISBANE is preparing to face Gold Coast without Keidean Coleman after the exciting half-back battled to overcome a hamstring niggle.
Coleman suffered the injury in the dying minutes of last Saturday's win over Greater Western Sydney, but the Lions thought he would be fine to face the Suns.
However, after a light session on Tuesday, Coleman did not improve and AFL.com.au believes the young defender will be unavailable.
It's a blow to Chris Fagan's team, with Coleman excelling in wins over the Western Bulldogs and GWS in the past three weeks, with a second dose of COVID-19 keeping him out of the Essendon match in between.
Brisbane is expected to regain Dayne Zorko(hamstring), Daniel Rich(hamstring) and Jarrod Berry (hamstring) to face the Suns, along with Oscar McInerney (health and safety protocols), while defender Marcus Adams(corked thigh) is also a strong chance to return. – Michael Whiting

Confusion was I didnt realise you were looking at his stats for the last 8 weeks only....all good. His current season stats (which was what I was looking at) is below 2 goals a game and his game last week (the only time I have really watched him play) was pretty ordinary at best.
Overall I would back our forward line against the GWS forward line any day and the stats show we are performing pretty good.
Cheers.
Ok fair enough. That's why I used him as an example, he has a reputation for being an average forward at best.

Bummer for Kiddy​

Gun Lion set to miss QClash​

BRISBANE is preparing to face Gold Coast without Keidean Coleman after the exciting half-back battled to overcome a hamstring niggle.
Coleman suffered the injury in the dying minutes of last Saturday's win over Greater Western Sydney, but the Lions thought he would be fine to face the Suns.
However, after a light session on Tuesday, Coleman did not improve and AFL.com.au believes the young defender will be unavailable.
It's a blow to Chris Fagan's team, with Coleman excelling in wins over the Western Bulldogs and GWS in the past three weeks, with a second dose of COVID-19 keeping him out of the Essendon match in between.
Brisbane is expected to regain Dayne Zorko(hamstring), Daniel Rich(hamstring) and Jarrod Berry (hamstring) to face the Suns, along with Oscar McInerney (health and safety protocols), while defender Marcus Adams(corked thigh) is also a strong chance to return. – Michael Whiting

I’d be surprised to see Zorko named. An extra week is in order. Redid his hammy in the first 5mins after only missing one game. Makes no sense to bring him back again after only missing one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back