Preview OFFICIAL PREVIEW AFL ROUND 19 - Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns Saturday July 23rd at 7.10pm @ the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bummer for Kiddy​

Gun Lion set to miss QClash​

BRISBANE is preparing to face Gold Coast without Keidean Coleman after the exciting half-back battled to overcome a hamstring niggle.
Coleman suffered the injury in the dying minutes of last Saturday's win over Greater Western Sydney, but the Lions thought he would be fine to face the Suns.
However, after a light session on Tuesday, Coleman did not improve and AFL.com.au believes the young defender will be unavailable.
It's a blow to Chris Fagan's team, with Coleman excelling in wins over the Western Bulldogs and GWS in the past three weeks, with a second dose of COVID-19 keeping him out of the Essendon match in between.
Brisbane is expected to regain Dayne Zorko(hamstring), Daniel Rich(hamstring) and Jarrod Berry (hamstring) to face the Suns, along with Oscar McInerney (health and safety protocols), while defender Marcus Adams(corked thigh) is also a strong chance to return. – Michael Whiting

I imagine given the hammy issues the last month the medical team are being exta cautious heading into finals, especially for someone like Kiddy who had a bad hammy earlier in the year.

I’d be surprised to see Zorko named. An extra week is in order. Redid his hammy in the first 5mins after only missing one game. Makes no sense to bring him back again after only missing one game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He has missed two. Essendon & GWS. and did it on a thursday night against the Dogs. Will be more than 3 weeks (around 24 days)

Coleman being out is disappointing, he is fast becoming one of our more important players, with Richy not being as affective as he once was we are very predictable coming out of D50 now.

Just need to put Zorko behind ball and we'll be fine.

I had covid early this year and am still suffering lethargy. Been to my GP about it and he says its not unusual. Almost everyone is different.
Yer, I had it pretty bad for a couple of days about a month after my 2nd vaccine jab, very sore muscles, sore throat, then a few more days cold like symptoms, then was fully recovered.. I have not had any lasting affects whatsoever. I know multiple older people who have had it and none have had any lasting affects, not yet anyway🤞. I hope you make a full recovery ML, all the best.

The Brisbane Lions will welcome back five key senior players for Saturday’s night’s QClash against the Gold Coast Suns, including captain Dayne Zorko.

Plenty of experience will be injected into the Brisbane side with Daniel Rich, Jarrod Berry, Marcus Adams and Oscar McInerney also recalled.

McInerney will return to Chris Fagan's best 22 after missing last weekend’s win over the Giants due to the AFL’s Health and Safety Protocol, while the remaining four will all return from injury after stints on the sideline.

Harry Sharp and Tom Fullarton have been omitted alongside Nakia Cockatoo, Darcy Fort and Jack Payne, who join Jimmy Tunstill as emergencies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

220122_AFL_Team_Selection_Carousel_NAIDOC_02.jpg

Not thrilled that Payne is out but can’t say I’m surprised. Prior hopefully just needs a week or two to get fitness back then in for Robbo. Matho has a couple weeks to continue performing to put Lyons under pressure otherwise he’s out for Coleman and we’re back to the same team from a couple weeks ago.

Expected changes for mine. It basically came down to Cocky or Robbo for the last spot. I think we made the right call considering Cal can head behind the ball or to a wing. Looking forward to this week!

It would be fantastic to get another ruthless performance ah la the 2nd half against the Giants, we need to string some good consistent footy together now before finals.
I reckon this is where our run to the finals begins! Near on our strongest team all year! Just missing kiddy! I can see a very solid and convincing win coming! The gold coasts changes also seem odd to me!

Why can't the Lions social media team clearly list the ins and outs in an easy to read column it is not hard!!!
If you look at the team i posted

Ins: Have a yellow circle around the player name
Out: are listed at the bottom

i listed the ins/outs in a separate post for those that did not know about the "yellow circle"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back