Official Round one thread: Us Vs the proven cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins is an experiment in marketing more than anything.....we might not have gotten him for his playing prowess....$$$$.
Tuck is effectively not an import. Seriously I don't think he played a game for Hawthorn....he was just a name on a list. Hadn't shown anything by that point for him to be an "import".
Polak could very well never play an AFL game ever again. Let's remove him from the argument.
How are Thomson and Hislop "imports"?, yes yes they were from clubs other than RFC...correct...here's a sticker.
But for a player to be an import in my eyes it's because you see the way and the level at which he plays at another club and you pick them up with the assumption they will play at that level at your club, so thereby players aren't got for growth potential but for actual playing ability at the time of purchase.

I'll give you Simmonds, McMahon, Morton, Brown and Johnson.
So that brings the RFC's list to:
(6) if I include Cousins.

CFC's list: (6)
Bannister
Hadley
Judd
Scotland
Stevens
Warnock

and that's if I don't include some.

Nah not really. If you are going by your criteria of 'trading' for players then you can't include Bannister as he was delisted by Essendon and then picked up in the draft, same as Hislop.

And if you are including Hadley then why aren't you including Thompson? Exactly the same criteria/trade.

And technically Stevens shouldn't be in there either as he practically fell into our lap due to Port and Collingwood's stubborness.

So that's six to three ;)

Bunch of imports!! :D

Wow that was massive.
Quiet night with a few beers so read all 29 pages.
Love the passion from both sides and thanks to the Essendon supporters for deflecting the pressure for a few pages.
Anyway have a soft spot for the Tigers as my uncle played for them many years ago,
May the best side win !

Wow that was massive.
Quiet night with a few beers so read all 29 pages.
Love the passion from both sides and thanks to the Essendon supporters for deflecting the pressure for a few pages.
Anyway have a soft spot for the Tigers as my uncle played for them many years ago,
May the best side win !
You have too much time on your hands :D

Who's your uncle?

Okay, so clearly I too have too much time on my hands. I wrote out what my two expected teams were just then, factoring in the expected outs. I have put an asterix next to those who are clearly better than their opponent for both teams, and left those that are close blank.

ROUND 1, RICHMOND V CARLTON

Outs: Richmond:
Johnson
Pattison
Cotchin
Coughlan
Polak
Pettifer

Carlton:
Stevens
Warnock
O'Hailpin
Carrazzo
Walker

Richmond ^^^.................
....................Carlton VVV

FF: *Brown. Schulz. *Cousins
FB: Thornton Jamison Bower

HF: Morton... Riewoldt Tambling
HB: *Scotland *Waite.. *Simpson

C: *Deledio Tuck *Richardson
C: Grigg...... Gibbs Houlihan

HB: McGuane *Moore Raines
HF: *Kreuzer.. Cloke.... Wiggins/Fisher

FB: *McMahon Thursfield *Newman
FF: Betts........ *Fevola..... Yarran

Foll: *Simmonds Jackson Foley
Foll: Hampson..... *Judd.... Murphy

Inter: *Bowden..... Graham Edwards Polo/Thomson
Inter: Wiggins/Fisher Johnson Robinson Hadley

Richmond ended up with 9 expected "victories" over their man to Carlton's 6. The rest are too close to call.

Judging by that, I will tip Richmond by 2 goals.

Barnzy can blow me.

It'll be a ****ing good game. Both sides are creating something special, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them contest multiple Grand Finals in years to come. One of the two will make top 4 this year. I've always had Carlton slightly ahead of us, but gradually I've started leaning towards us, quite possibly due to my excitement getting the better of me. Anyway, it's frigging close between the two, and I wouldn't want to place a lot of money on either side for this match. I'll go Richmond by 16, as I genuinely see us winning, but I am also aware that that view is probably clouded by bias.

Oh, and Carlton are ***** etc etc.

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

I completely agree with it, except that I've gone the other way - started off thinking we'd win by 3 or 4 goals, now i think it will be a lot closer, and they potentially will get the better of us. But, bias clouding my judgement, we have better players generally, and so should get over the line. Should...

Also played well on Buddy who kicked four fewer goals than he kicked on Harris a week later in the finals.
Whoa! He must be amazing then if buddy kicked less goals that week compared to the next week.

Honestly, you must be 13 kid. You have no idea what so ever. Go sip on some green tea for a while twerp.

Okay, so clearly I too have too much time on my hands. I wrote out what my two expected teams were just then, factoring in the expected outs. I have put an asterix next to those who are clearly better than their opponent for both teams, and left those that are close blank.

ROUND 1, RICHMOND V CARLTON

Outs: Richmond:
Johnson
Pattison
Cotchin
Coughlan
Polak
Pettifer

Carlton:
Stevens
Warnock
O'Hailpin
Carrazzo
Walker

Richmond ^^^.................
....................Carlton VVV

FF: *Brown. Schulz. *Cousins
FB: Thornton Jamison Bower

HF: Morton... Riewoldt Tambling
HB: *Scotland *Waite.. *Simpson

C: *Deledio Tuck *Richardson
C: Grigg...... Gibbs Houlihan

HB: McGuane *Moore Raines
HF: *Kreuzer.. Cloke.... Wiggins/Fisher

FB: *McMahon Thursfield *Newman
FF: Betts........ *Fevola..... Yarran

Foll: *Simmonds Jackson Foley
Foll: Hampson..... *Judd.... Murphy

Inter: *Bowden..... Graham Edwards Polo/Thomson
Inter: Wiggins/Fisher Johnson Robinson Hadley

Richmond ended up with 9 expected "victories" over their man to Carlton's 6. The rest are too close to call.

Judging by that, I will tip Richmond by 2 goals.
Walker is on track to play. Would have played Nab Cup last weekend but had a wedding to attend. IS playing nab Challenge this week so should be good to go.
Carrazzo maybe but doubtful. Ohailpin wouldnt be playing even if he was available.
I think you theory of putting 2 players together and choosing the better one sucks. Players have about 4-5 different opponents a match, excluding KP players. And even if you want to stick to your comparison theory then just make a few changes for us:
Waite will play on richo for most if not all of the game.
Kreuzer on a hff?:confused:
I severly doubt it.
Simpson won't play defence.

But may i say that is an excellent effort of predicting our 22. Almost spot on in regards to personel. Alot better than some of the efforts on out board:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guys, im coming down from the gold coast foor this big game and have tickets in M56 row jj in the olympic stand.

Just wanted to know if i will have good view of the game?, is it under cover? and will i have plenty of yellow and black around me for support?

guys, im coming down from the gold coast foor this big game and have tickets in M56 row jj in the olympic stand.

Just wanted to know if i will have good view of the game?, is it under cover? and will i have plenty of yellow and black around me for support?

Here's a link to the MCG's seating chart. You'll be in the pocket, so won't have a great view of the far end of the ground, but I'd venture to say there won't be too many bad seats in the house that night. Will be undercover, and you won't find yourself lacking for yellow and black friends, it's your home game...

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/~/media/Files/Football 2008 seating plan.ashx

i think its very funny you lot think ben is going to do alot. if he doesnt do a hamstring in the first half he will be VOMITING after 5minutes. cant wait to give you lot hell at the game

i think its very funny you lot think ben is going to do alot. if he doesnt do a hamstring in the first half he will be VOMITING after 5minutes. cant wait to give you lot hell at the game
Seeing as having a go at Ben Cousins is old and boring, I'll reply similarly.

*I, *it's, *Ben, *a lot, *If, *doesn't, *5 minutes, *Can't, *.

i think its funny that you thnk ur all tuff n shit, n yet ur obviously lik a 10 y/o, cos' ur really stupid. cant wait for u to give me hell in responce to dis

Believe it or not corma, in all that, I found a genuine spelling mistake on your behalf - one that you regularly do. In fact I can't remember ever seeing you not make it. IT'S RESPONSE. S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S. S. SS.

Believe it or not, I meant that, as I have recently fixed that regular mistake and thought someone as dumb as Clayman would struggle with words more than 3 letters, and so thought it would be humorous to mis-spell it. Did you notice that the rest of the post was riddled with errors too?

I'm pretty sure I'm in M56 too mate. So if its full of scumton supporters at least we'll have each other;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Round one thread: Us Vs the proven cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back