Mega Thread Official Suns Trade Period Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicely done, he's shown positive signs but nothing near pick 13. Considering your surplus of talls you've done very well here.

Could you do a list of gettable players we could draft?
Dayle Garlett, Swan Districts, 180cm, 75kg, 9/1/94
Draft range: 10-20
Tim Membrey, Gippsland Power, 189cm, 88kg, 25/5/94
Kristian Jaksch, Oakleigh Chargers, 194cm, 83kg, 7/10/94
are all some ideas

Lonergan, Stringer or Vlastuin, one of those thee should be available at pick 13 and have good inside games. Stringer would be the best option imo, but there is a chance that he will get snapped up inside the top 10.

Seems a very fair deal, although we end up with more picks we wont use...
Happy with the outcome, but can't help but to wonder what Ashcroft and Clayton plan to do with these excess picks:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

666209.jpg

there you go sunny:)

Hard to estimate who will be left at #13, so with the predicted top 10 guns gone and guessing the club will target an inside mid then my top 3 choices would be:

1. Nick Vlastuin – 187cm/83kg - inside mid/defender – physical strong tackling player, good one touch skills, great mark, highly skilled All Australian. Captain of Vic metro, not a super athlete but classed as the team work-horse, never gives up.
2. Jessie Lonergan – 181cm/83cm - inside mid – strong clearance player, big possession winner and tested very well at the combine. Body is said to be AFL ready. Tassie boy. Tested 2nd in the goal kicking test behind Boston. 2nd in the agility test. 2nd standing vertical leap. 3rd running vertical leap. 7th repeat sprints.
3. Ben Kennedy – 174cm/76kg - inside mid – clearance machine, goal kicker, only small but explosive speed, all Australian, recognised as a game changer. South Australian.

Current Suns draft order:

#13, #37, #57, #59 (currently listed as the Cats but is ours via Caddy trade), #87, #105, #123.

Trade Toy back to Victoria, bundle in some excess picks/zone picks and we could upgrade even further. Still would like Boston at the Suns though ;)

I wonder if there was any sort of deal struck with GWS when we trade Pick 2 for the MD, they might be willing to go #13 +#57 for #12 ??? not a huge upgrade for us but realistically what are we going to do with #57.

Some reports over here that your mob are interested in Greg Broughton. Anyone think this one has any legs? He's a great small defender. What's your best offer?

Also, kudos on getting O'Meara and Martin. Some serious talent there.

Sad to see a promising Queenslander go, but imo the Saints paid overs and we still have Gorringe and Dixon so I think we came out on top...now what to do with my number 40 jumper.

Really liked what I saw in Hickey this year, definitely promising. Sad to see him go, but hope we can select well with pick 13 (stoked we were able to get it!) and have Gorringe get through a full year.

Will miss his face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Official Suns Trade Period Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back