2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bringing back a old thread but

Rams selection for Academy stars
Under-16 Rams selections

Andrew Seirakowski (Riverview)
Matthew Wilson (Maroubra)
Baker Denneman (North Sydney Swans)
Ethan Harvey (Riverview)
James Cubis (Riverview)
Jayden Rymer (Nelson Bay)
Callum Mills (Mosman Swans)
Nick Hey (Westbrook)
Ryan Hebron (St Ives)
Timothy Coenen (Maroubra)

Under-18 Rams selections

Lloyd Perris (St George)
Jack Hiscox (Sydney Uni)
Harrison Green (Illawarra Lions)
Brad Watson (Pennant Hills)
Isaac Heeney (Cardiff)
Abe Davis (UNSW Easts)
Thomas Head (Terrigal-Avoca)
Jack Codd-Miller (Western Suburbs)

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-05-14/academy-stars-earn-rams-selection

So we should all keep a eye out for these guys, especially the ones in the U-18's team when the game is broadcast on Foxtel in July (usually in July).

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...ndecent-dealings-with-boy-20130516-2jom5.html

AFL NSW/ACT general manager Tom Harley said he was "appalled" by the allegations that have seen Heaney – the AFL's appointed manager of the northern NSW region and coach for the Sydney Swans junior academy – stood down by the league indefinitely without pay.
The 42-year-old former TAC Cup coach stands accused of indecent communication with a 13-year old male footballer who alerted his parents to exchanges of sexually explicit comments and images online.

Played with Watson throughout my junior years, very surprised by his progress tbh. Never stood out but very happy to see him doing well, underager I believe so one to keep an eye on next year. Half-back with excellent skills and running ability.

Was extremely dissapointed to see Hiscox not named, hopefully he plays some of the later games.

Has been named for the next game

7 Lloyd Perris (St George)
11 Harrison Green (Illawarra Lions)
24 Jack Hiscox (Sydney Uni)
35 Jack Codd-Miller (Western Suburbs)
43 John Haggerty (Sydney Uni)
44 Thomas Head (Terrigal-Avoca)

Has been named for the next game

7 Lloyd Perris (St George)
11 Harrison Green (Illawarra Lions)
24 Jack Hiscox (Sydney Uni)
35 Jack Codd-Miller (Western Suburbs)
43 John Haggerty (Sydney Uni)
44 Thomas Head (Terrigal-Avoca)
Excellent! For those who don't know, Hiscox is a state champion level athlete. He has excellent endurance and also explosive power. I am hoping he shows some form and we rookie list him, he's worth that minimal investment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hiscox is an exciting player, I have seen the kid run the ball from a kick in, step everyone on the field and kick a goal all from the original kick in. I have also seen him take one of the best hangers I have seen in any grade of footy as a 15 year old.

Perris and Heeney are probably the big two, as they are AIS selections. Perris having spent two years in the system. I don't know much about the others apart from Abe Davis gets mentioned in a few circles and Head has kicked a few goals in the ressies

true that but has anyone seen Perris play i heard about his meadl and how he's elite but ive never seen footage of him

sounds like class! read and AIS review and he got compared to dan hannebrey.but whats the story with michael gibbons 29 disposals against SA and VIC METRO thats insane!
Gibbons is a GWS player unfortunately. As is Jake Barrett who had 22 disposals and 3 goals.

Gibbons is a GWS player unfortunately. As is Jake Barrett who had 22 disposals and 3 goals.

Unfortunately we have to accept that GWS were given the best zones in terms of areas that already have a high amount of people interested in Australian Rules Football and areas that have already produced a lot of talented AFL players. GWS have Wagga Wagga I think and that area produced both Paul Kelly and Wayne Carey. I also think they have the areas that produced Brett Kirk and Lenny Hayes.

The U-18's NSW/ACT game against SA has just been completed

SA 17.13 (115)
NSW 10.7 (67)

Goals: Neagle 3, Edwards 2 ,King 2, Gibbons, Austin, Eastman.
Best: Neagle, Gibbons, Perris, Watson, Barrett, Green.

Guys in bold are Swans academy players.
What sort of players are Watson and Green?

Unfortunately we have to accept that GWS were given the best zones in terms of areas that already have a high amount of people interested in Australian Rules Football and areas that have already produced a lot of talented AFL players. GWS have Wagga Wagga I think and that area produced both Paul Kelly and Wayne Carey. I also think they have the areas that produced Brett Kirk and Lenny Hayes.
Agreed, and they were also given the whole Northern Territory which is a bit of a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back