Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd be in Richmonds best 22.

Replacing who?

He's a pure ruckman without much ability to play as a forward, and no team plays 2 of them, so unless you're suggesting he'd edge out Maric, I can't see who he'd replace.

As a ruckman, he'd probably be preferred, but as a forward, Vickery would beat him easily.

Replacing who?

He's a pure ruckman without much ability to play as a forward, and no team plays 2 of them, so unless you're suggesting he'd edge out Maric, I can't see who he'd replace.

As a ruckman, he'd probably be preferred, but as a forward, Vickery would beat him easily.

He's s very good forward ruck and would keep Vickery out on form. Wouldnt be surprised if he overtook Maric.

Not bad as a backup ruckman, but he'd be playing VFL unless Maric gets injured, so I wouldn't want to be paying much for him.

Given the Cats fleeced North by paying only 36 for HMac, you'd imagine our 43 (at most) would suffice.

Just strikes me that the Cats got murdered in the ruck this year. And West was their ruckman. So they went and got a better one. Who has played 8 games in 2 years.

Cats obviously don't rate West highly. But I guess if he's just VFL/ depth then he might be OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's s very good forward ruck and would keep Vickery out on form. Wouldnt be surprised if he overtook Maric.

Are we taking about the same guy? The one who Kicked 8 goals last year from 21 games, and 18 for his career?

Vickery kicked 7 last year, from 9 games, most of which were injury affected (which is why he didn't play more...they tried to have him play through, but couldn't). in 2011, Vickery kicked more than West has for his career ( indeed, Vickery's 2011 was better than any year West has played).

As for Maric...I hope he does (if he comes to Richmond), but that's a massive ask considering Ivan was in the AA squad.

so whats broughton like anyway?

ive read mixed reports?

whats his disposal like?? and ive seen some refer to him as an inside mid , which seems strange?

if port is going to let a 26 year old defender go in free agency i would hope we dont pay a great deal for another 26 year old defender, but damn we are light on for decent defenders.

Freo would be stupid to let Broughton go he is a very good player and he showed that in 2011, at his best he is an excellent two way defender from what I have seen who can push into the midfield. If Freo want to challenge for the flag in 2013 then they will need a fit and firing Broughton.

As for value I think Port's first round draft pick, Pick 7, would have to be involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back