Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hickey would be worth way more than McIntosh, he is a hell of a lot younger got lots of upside, very athletic, suited to the new rules, oh and not coming off 2 years of bad injuries. He is worth a first round pick in this years draft, he would be the second best ruck available after Grundy. I think pick 13 is probably too high but maybe an upgrade of pick 26 and Hickey to pick 13 as Gold Coast only have to use one draft pick this year. That is probably a win for both clubs.

He is not on a similar level to Maric who was 25 at the time of trading, and had shown little (I doubt anyone even Richmond would have predicted how well he would have gone this year), or Jacobs who had shown a bit of talent but not the same level as to what he would produce (he was also picked up on the cheap as he was 4th in line at Carlton). Hickey is probably the second best ruckman at Gold Coast atm and very much a required player I would say. He will go for a pick round 20 or a pick upgrade I would think.

Replacing who?

He's a pure ruckman without much ability to play as a forward, and no team plays 2 of them, so unless you're suggesting he'd edge out Maric, I can't see who he'd replace.

As a ruckman, he'd probably be preferred, but as a forward, Vickery would beat him easily.
That's completely naive and you've obviously seen very little of West nor do you know anything about him. He's a quality 2nd ruck who was forced to play as the #1 due to no other options. The reason for trading in McIntosh.

He best role is as a backup ruckman, moving forward where he can take a pack mark and kick a goal.

Richmond would need to pay overs for Geelong to even consider a trade as he's a very important member of our structure. If he walks, he'll be headed to GWS or GC in the preseason draft.

Am I way off? Dude got spanked in the ruck this year and is being replaced. And is apparently out of contract
Should it be 68 or something?
I'll say it one more time for the people who havn't got a clue. West isn't being replaced, he's simply not a #1 ruckman but rather a quality #2 who can push forward. He done exceptionally well all yr by himself, with no help, even after he tired half way through the season. Hence the drafting of McIntosh to take the main rucking reins.

That's completely naive and you've obviously seen very little of West nor do you know anything about him. He's a quality 2nd ruck who was forced to play as the #1 due to no other options. The reason for trading in McIntosh.

He best role is as a backup ruckman, moving forward where he can take a pack mark and kick a goal.

Richmond would need to pay overs for Geelong to even consider a trade as he's a very important member of our structure. If he walks, he'll be headed to GWS or GC in the preseason draft.

As Balme said, you have some discussions to have with him now HMac has arrived.
If Vardy stays fit, West will rarely play

But not fussed. He's nothing special

well said, especially with rule changes he should have a good year as 2nd ruck.
Vardy to play forward.

As Balme said, you have some discussions to have with him now HMac has arrived.
If Vardy stays fit, West will rarely play

But not fussed. He's nothing special
No Vardy is being groomed as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mooney said this afternoon that your rucks are now HMac and Vardy. The others are just insurance

I would have thought he follows Geelong rather closely
That's strange, when did Mooney become the coach. Mooney wouldn't have a clue what the clubs plans are.

McIntosh and West as rucks, with Simpson as Cover.

Hawkins and Vardy as forwards with Pods taking a back seat, nurturing then retiring.

How do I know? ;)

Mooney said this afternoon that your rucks are now HMac and Vardy. The others are just insurance

I would have thought he follows Geelong rather closely

West is a Premiership ruck and an under rated 2nd ruck? Vardy is a better forward.

Vardy, Hawkins and resting ruck up forward. provides good structure for Cats.

If they get Gysberts as I have heard they have done a test on him than who look out Cats 2013.

If they get Gysberts as I have heard they have done a test on him than who look out Cats 2013.

Is this speculation or is there a source. I'm not sure we have the list space unless we delist Orren and Gillies then trade a player to acquire him. Brown maybe??

West is a Premiership ruck and an under rated 2nd ruck? Vardy is a better forward.

What would cats give up for Gysberts.

That's strange, when did Mooney become the coach. Mooney wouldn't have a clue what the clubs plans are.

McIntosh and West as rucks, with Simpson as Cover.

Hawkins and Vardy as forwards with Pods taking a back seat, nurturing then retiring.

How do I know? ;)
You are right. A 3 time premiership player at Geelong, recently retired, would have less idea about Geelong than you.

Still, given HMac's history, West might yet play plenty of games for you next year

He was a huge reason why you fell back this year, West. Are you really surprised they went shopping for someone to do better?

You are right. A 3 time premiership player at Geelong, recently retired, would have less idea about Geelong than you.

Still, given HMac's history, West might yet play plenty of games for you next year

He was a huge reason why you fell back this year, West. Are you really surprised they went shipping for someone to do better?
You're making a fool of yourself in this thread as it's obvious you don't possess any relevant knowledge of football.

PS: You obviously fail at basic comprehension.

Is this speculation or is there a source. I'm not sure we have the list space unless we delist Orren and Gillies then trade a player to acquire him. Brown maybe??

I read today albeit on herald sun live chat that Geelong had done a physical on Gysberts, this was posted by the journalist (doesnt mean much), i think it was Scot gullan.

But then again some rumours i read on that were laughable.

He was a huge reason why you fell back this year, West. Are you really surprised they went shipping for someone to do better?

huh 3??? played 2 at cats, one at Kangas and missed one with Cats when Hawkins stood up against Pies.

Didn't Gysberts to Sweet FA for a long time? If he was any good Melbourne wouldn't dump him...but then again they just traded pick 20 for someone who impacted exactly zero games in an entire season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back