Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

21 year olds or not it doesn't make sense, considering you're about to go through a total rebuild which will take about five years.

You need some quality young mids, not younger versions of Kosi and Cam Wood.

Yeah good point, in 5 years they'll be 26, past their prime and ready to retire! Wait...

Yeah good point, in 5 years they'll be 26, past their prime and ready to retire! Wait...
Tom Lee will most likely be delisted by then and Hickey will be rotting in reserves.

In all seriousness, I wasn't against getting Hickey for 21 but 99% of Pies supporters didn't want a bar of it.

A poster on your board summed it up best:

"need a mini rebuild - trade away 2 first round picks, jesusfacepalm.jpeg"

You got stooged, no matter which way you look at it.

Good forward thinking trade by the saints. IMO their list isn't up to it and by grabbing some young talent KPP talent now they will be set when they start drafting mids. That they should avoid the Bulldogs pitfall of having a midfield ready to go but not much up forward. They still have a chance to get some good young defenders in this draft, as there are meant to be a few good prospects.

Tom Lee will most likely be delisted by then and Hickey will be rotting in reserves.

In all seriousness, I wasn't against getting Hickey for 21 but 99% of Pies supporters didn't want a bar of it.

A poster on your board summed it up best:

"need a mini rebuild - trade away 2 first round picks, jesusfacepalm.jpeg"

You got stooged, no matter which way you look at it.
I'm sure you're more informed on player's abilities than our list managers

Why would you even bother typing something so lame?

Its a discussion board and I'm simply giving my opinion, the one incidentally is shared by many of your own brethren.

St Kilda are paying way over the top imo. You don't give away a pick as high as 13 for a backup ruckman who hasn't shown that much. St Kilda did very well at the draft and trading period last year, not so much this year.

I think the Saints got ripped?

Goddard for Hickey effectively? doesnt seem right, time will tell.

What did Mumford go for when he went to Sydney, i guess different circumstances as Cats couldnt afford him but boy he showed some real talent the year he left Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny how nuffy supporters from other clubs and so called media analysts don't look at the trade in it's entirity. Cam Mooney is adament that we gave up 3 and 13 for Hogan. Totally disregarded the fact that we also got pick 20 and Dom Barry, because it didn't suit his lame argument.

Despite what WC supporters have to say, if Brown wants out, the trade will get done now that the Saints have equitable trade value with pick 26.

Hickey and Brown for 13 and 37 will be a good result.

It's funny how nuffy supporters from other clubs and so called media analysts don't look at the trade in it's entirity. Cam Mooney is adament that we gave up 3 and 13 for Hogan. Totally disregarded the fact that we also got pick 20 and Dom Barry, because it didn't suit his lame argument.

Despite what WC supporters have to say, if Brown wants out, the trade will get done now that the Saints have equitable trade value with pick 26.

Hickey and Brown for 13 and 37 will be a good result.
No.

Why would you even bother typing something so lame?

Its a discussion board and I'm simply giving my opinion, the one incidentally is shared by many of your own brethren.

The problem is your opinion is ill-informed, uneducated, ignorant and unwelcome. Take it to the bay where it will be more appreciated by the troglodytes that thrive there.

Saints fans are the polar opposite of Adelaide supporters who talked down Sauce after he had 44 hitouts in a final against Mumford. Mind boggling that you've paid more for Hickey than the Crows paid for Jacobs. You got played by the Pies who put in a bid for Hickey. Not surprising since Pelchen offered Carlton two second round picks for Thornton six years ago.

The problem is your opinion is ill-informed, uneducated, ignorant and unwelcome. Take it to the bay where it will be more appreciated by the troglodytes that thrive there.
Don't like people giving an honest opinion about goings on at your club stick to your own board.

Saints fans are the polar opposite of Adelaide supporters who talked down Sauce after he had 44 hitouts in a final against Mumford. Mind boggling that you've paid more for Hickey than the Crows paid for Jacobs. You got played by the Pies who put in a bid for Hickey. Not surprising since Pelchen offered Carlton two second round picks for Thornton six years ago.
Not sure how we got played by Collingwood? Obviously they wanted him otherwise they wouldn't have bid pick 18 for him

As West Coast have maintained a position of "no trade" on Mitch Brown I don't know how this trade will do anything but enforce their desire to keep Brown at West Coast (at least for one more year).

Not sure how we got played by Collingwood? Obviously they wanted him otherwise they wouldn't have bid pick 18 for him
*21 and the overwhelming majority of our posters were fuming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back