Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

No it was 18 according to the poster that told us of the Hickey trade an hour before it was released anywhere else.
1 out of 2 ain't bad, it was 21.

How would you know? The poster has connections at the club, he told us the Lee trade before it was announced as well.
I have connections to common sense, something you're obviously struggling with.

Goddard for a Gold Coast third choice ruck and a minor second round upgrade.

The whole Football World is laughing at your club right now, and judging by the ever increasing anger in your posts you know it.

Adios.

You can question that St Kilda paid too much, but saying that they aren't trying to rebuild is a load of crap. Hickey is 21 year old ruckman FFS! Lee is about the same age. Saad and Milera worked out pretty well for them this year too, so I can see what they are trying to do picking up slightly more developed players who are still young. Theres a fair chance that Ben Jacobs could be an option with pick 26 now too. It is questionable that Lee and Hickey were both worth as much as they were, but lets not try and pretend that they are picking up guys in/past their prime.

FWIW, I think involving 13 for Hickey was probably too much, but if they have identified that they need another "pure" ruckman to partner McEvoy and ensure that Kozi and Stanley have no reason to be anywhere near a ruck contest again then it's understandable.

people tend to only see that we have given up pick 13 in a trade like this. When in reality the other upgrade of picks are very significant in this case and are often glossed over on many occassions during trade period.

The whole Football World is laughing at your club right now, and judging by the ever increasing anger in your posts you know it.

Adios.
Far from angry mate, maybe this isn't the best place for you if you want to ignore facts though.
Why come here to troll when there's a whole board dedicated to it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting strategy by the Saints to move themselves down the draft order, as they obviously think the top 30 picks or so are strong.

It's a masterstroke if this draft is like 2009, but it's a huge gamble.

People are talking like its Hickey for 13.

Saints get Hickey, 26 and 47
Gold Coast get 13, 37 and 57.

We have a huge gap on our list between young and old players, that's why we're trying to fast track the process. We just really need a key defender now (Brown would be ideal but it doesn't look likely).

Good trade by the Saints, they have just got a great young ruck prospect who has a ton of potential. He had as much talent as any prospect they would have picked up at 13 and he had showed that he can perform at AFL level. Also don't discount the fact that they have upgraded their second and third round picks by 10 places. They are in a strong position with picks 25 and 26, as well as bringing in two ready to go youngish players with upside. They are now capable of pushing into the 8 imo.

Adios.

They could have offloaded pick 13 for Matt Campbell and hailed it a trading masterstroke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back