Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved watching Come Dine With Me with Kouta love the fact we got to see his mum and he did really well in the kitchen. Simone Callahan really surprised me I didn't expect her not to be able to cook but she could play backyard cricket.

It looks as though CFC players will get priority to the ball now with Lambert and Marcon not there any more.

It should actually help development as some of the NB boys seemed to have a good bond going on between them.
With the arrival of Cripps & Holman, plus the need to further develop Graham & Temay, the chances are Lambert & Marcon would have been pushed down the pecking order at the NB, particularly Marcon.

What the hell is going on at Carlton? Duigan pulls the pin because of a degenerative knee? The club discovers this in December? Geez I expect this from St.Kilda or Richmond. Duigan played in the Ressies all year and came to the fold at the end. Still believe Malthouse had no time for him. I was hoping he was going to park himself in the forward line and kick 30-40 goals to make up for losing Eddie. We have just lost a player off the list for nothing when we passed on some reasonable picks in the draft. Then we select Wood because I am told he is a great bloke. Well if that is the criteria then we are in trouble. I would have gone for Jolly as he can play. This last minute lunge for Wood after giving away Hampson tells me that all is not good with Kreuzer. He has knee and foot problems along with a degenerative hip which was known when he was drafted. God knows what he will be like in three years. We lose one of the real hard nuts of our club, have a question mark on our ruck stocks and a forward line that would not worry teams in the Southern Football League.

ChickenLittle.jpg

What the hell is going on at Carlton? Duigan pulls the pin because of a degenerative knee? The club discovers this in December? Geez I expect this from St.Kilda or Richmond. Duigan played in the Ressies all year and came to the fold at the end. Still believe Malthouse had no time for him. I was hoping he was going to park himself in the forward line and kick 30-40 goals to make up for losing Eddie. We have just lost a player off the list for nothing when we passed on some reasonable picks in the draft. Then we select Wood because I am told he is a great bloke. Well if that is the criteria then we are in trouble. I would have gone for Jolly as he can play. This last minute lunge for Wood after giving away Hampson tells me that all is not good with Kreuzer. He has knee and foot problems along with a degenerative hip which was known when he was drafted. God knows what he will be like in three years. We lose one of the real hard nuts of our club, have a question mark on our ruck stocks and a forward line that would not worry teams in the Southern Football League.
:eek: Just no to the highlighted parts....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats an opinion. The facts are as always likely to be somewhere in the middle, and certainly dont justify insulting people of a different opinion.

It's like when you first meet someone and things are going along great and then they suddenly just drop some overtly racist/sexist remark, causing you to flee the conversation/abandon the burgeoning friendship ASAP.

I genuinely regard the 'Carlton's forward line is saaaa hopeless lolz!' line as a massive red flag in terms of whether someone is worth pursuing a football discussion with, as I believe this perspective has very little actual substance and is in reality nothing more than a superficial, convenient analysis often propagated by a lazy football media.

In my opinion the majority of our troubles stem from a thin midfield, which although featuring some big names on paper, is inevitably what lets us down in our losses. We need more guys capable of rotating through there and our prime mids to start picking up 30+ touches far more regularly.

Plenty of firepower up forward imo (hopefully Menzel and Thomas can fill the void left by Betts' departure).

Although we don't know the truth yet about the Duigan situation, it sucks that we could possibly have Duigan taking up a spot on the list when we could've had a Lambert or someone else.
Lambert wasn't rated by 18 clubs.

Joseph and Ellard have shown more than Lambert.

More annoyed with the Northern Blues losing O'Keeffe and Joseph to North Adelaide and Glenelg. Experienced VFL players with solid bodies.

Anthony replaces Mitchell.

Giles replaces McCarthy.

It's like when you first meet someone and things are going along great and then they suddenly just drop some overtly racist/sexist remark, causing you to flee the conversation/abandon the burgeoning friendship ASAP.

I genuinely regard the 'Carlton's forward line is saaaa hopeless lolz!' line as a massive red flag in terms of whether someone is worth pursuing a football discussion with, as I believe this perspective has very little actual substance and is in reality nothing more than a superficial, convenient analysis often propagated by a lazy football media.

In my opinion the majority of our troubles stem from a thin midfield, which although featuring some big names on paper, is inevitably what lets us down in our losses. We need more guys capable of rotating through there and our prime mids to start picking up 30+ touches far more regularly.

Its more like when you read something someone says, and think, nah that cant be right, IM RIGHT - and your a lightweight. All hail the superior beings

Not one KP tall has been developed to AFL standards @ Carlton over the last few years - not one (yet???) - apart from Jacobs:oops:
The midfield has been populated by lots of smaller bodies 'athletes' - the results speak for themselves
The backline has been held together by Henderson and Jamison and this year also propped up by Walker and Simpson ( exiting HF and flank) both need to shore up a defense which has been constantly peppered by rebound 'free hits' as Carlton (inevitably) fluffed forward entries and /or failed to keep the opposition in their back half.

Yeah midfield has bee a huge problem - aggravating the lack of depth up front and forcing Walker/Simpson/Henderson to stay down back - because they had too ( ala Gibbs)

for mine it oisn't one thing or another - teh issue has been lack of depth and in particular lack of enough genuine classy talls.

Your user name really does not do you justice...Furious Blue.....Livid Blue......Incensed Blue.....

I dunno, it just does not seem right! :p

After reading Moody Blue's post, I now hold out no hope for a Merry Christmas or a Happy New Year. I am fortunate I have no sharp objects nearby at this moment (although I guess I could do some damage with a pen).:eek:
I have one of those big arsed novelty pencils (you know the ones that are about 2cm across and a foot long) somewhere... you could do some serious damage with one of those I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back