Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kudos on him for making a post, I wasnt sure he would. While its disappointing how it went down, in the end, I wish him well -- Just not against us.

I'm just glad he included the last paragraph. Acknowledges it was a controversial decision, and also knows we'll be hurling abuse over the fence (at Victoria Park 😉)

I remember learning that John Lennon had been shot

Hearing Mum describe her shock that JFK had been assassinated

The loss of Ollie is bigger somehow

He touched us all

Not in some Dolly Dunn in a developing nation way

But an ethereal way

Like a delicate snowflake landing on our wrist

He touched us all

But an ethereal way

I'll always remember where I was when I heard Ollie was traded.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He touched us all

But an ethereal way

In terms of impact, the trading of Ollie sits delicately between the Cuban missile crisis and the brutal termination of the Prague Spring.

Kudos on him for making a post, I wasnt sure he would. While its disappointing how it went down, in the end, I wish him well -- Just not against us.

A couple of weeks too late, but I suspect that’s due to shitty instructions from his management. Again probably mostly on his management, but I doubt there’d be so much angst had the trade request been handled with more composure and less threats.

A couple of weeks too late, but I suspect that’s due to shitty instructions from his management. Again probably mostly on his management, but I doubt there’d be so much angst had the trade request been handled with more composure and less threats.

I guess to be fair, it’s only been 7 days since the trade went through

But it’s definitely more about how it was handled and the threats that made it worse than it needed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He touched us all

But an ethereal way

Delicate snowflake landed on my wrist once.
Cut my arm off.
Thanks Christ it didn’t land somewhere else.

I guess to be fair, it’s only been 7 days since the trade went through

But it’s definitely more about how it was handled and the threats that made it worse than it needed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, it’s uncommon to hear from a player before a trade goes through, but think it would have sat better had Henry explained things himself instead of what we seen from his management even while this saga was unfolding. His management antics bucked the trend anyway, so why not do it in a better way.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care about that post.

He's the enemy
Pretty much agree with this. He’s walked out on the club after only two years to be an hour down the highway.

Cheap platitudes isn’t going to cut it with the players or fans.

I'm just glad he included the last paragraph. Acknowledges it was a controversial decision, and also knows we'll be hurling abuse over the fence (at Victoria Park 😉)

Yeah, it's good that he lied horribly in that last paragraph. And the first. What he really should have said is: thanks for everything but I don't care enough about any of you to stay, to show some loyalty, or to respect the club. Now that I've got what I wanted to and forced the club's hand, eat sht collingwood fans.

I have moved on from Ollie wanting to go “home”.

My issue is with his management and the poor communication from his team in general.

His reasons for wanting to be traded were:
  • request for more money;
  • can’t see a position for himself;
  • will thrive in a different environment (even though his manager stated that he enjoyed his time at the pies);
  • to be closer to home; then
  • play with brother.

They just had to stick with one reason.

The constant changing of narrative was the most annoying part.

Pretty classy

Please be specific - I mean how many tossers are there at Geelong!

Sorry, I should have said “that tosser who now plays with his brother at Geelong”.

Could still be two though, gotta love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back