Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I will boo him and boo loudly. I hope the entire crowd of Collingwood supporters does the same. Maynard to line up on him and hit him like a truck each time he goes near the ball. I hope his timidity overshadows his obvious skill and prevents him from ever fulfilling his potential.

Pissweak ya spineless dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the set-up he always wanted… the set-up!!!

I loved the “I could never have imagined” comment. Not only could you imagine it, you manufactured it you flog!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Always wanted to play for the cats. Ok, but it’s a national comp and what was with all the others excuses during the trade period? That attitude and disregard for 17 other clubs is obviously why he slid in his draft year.

As for making the most of it at the pies; that would be giving 5-6 years at the club in return for their investment instead of walking out at the first chance.

Last edited:

Always wanted to play for the cats. Ok, but it’s a national comp and what was with all the others excuses during the trade period? That attitude and disregard for 17 other clubs is obviously why he slid in his draft year.
Don't mind him leaving for his childhood dream, but he did it without integrity. Pretty clearly handed the Cats the preseason draft threat from the very beginning so they could screw over his employer, who he's saying we're great to him...

Unfortunately we're not going to see Bruzzy clean him up next year, it'll have to be Ruscoe. Ollie will be in the twos.

Last edited:

I loved the “I could never have imagined” comment. Not only could you imagine it, you manufactured it you flog!
The mealy w***ery coming out of he & or his manager sounds the same pissweak shit.

Have they ever been seen in the same room together?

That interview changes nothing. It's just words.

The club was great to him? So much he would rather go into the draft than play for us again
And made the most of it? Well not really.

Yeah still leaves a bitter taste.
Not the trade itself, but how it all went down. The excuses and then everything toward the end.

You're either with us or against us, so now he's a nobody.
He'll need to toughen up for what he's going to cop from our boys when we meet again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'set up' made me think of myself as an unwilling associate of the victim of a crime, like we were all party to the club being duped by Henry and Co into coughing him up cheaply to Geelong. Like 'The Heist' and those sorts of movies, except more intimate and sinister.

In the private darkness of my own life, in the inner recesses of the utter loathing and dislike chambers, is a special spot reserved for people such as Henry. It's a miserable place to eke out a life as a Henry symbolic representation, but that's where I stick him whenever he rears his ugly head in the vicinity.

Henry’s ‘bold’ Magpies escape​

Ollie Henry has described his controversial move to Geelong as “bold” but something he knew he‘d regret if he didn’t follow through with it.

In many ways it was a classic break-up of a romance with Henry saying to Collingwood it was more about me than you.

“All due respect to Collingwood I loved the time there as well, it‘s a bold move and it is something I wanted to do. If I didn’t do it I think I’d be kicking myself later down the track,” Henry said.

“This is just something I have always wanted to do and the more games I can play with a family member and all that, it just makes it so much more special.

“Ultimately it is just where I wanted to be. This club, we grew up loving the club, this is the place I have always wanted to play my footy and if I can have a career somewhere, I want it to be here.”

Henry denies the fact he was out of the Collingwood side throughout its finals campaign - he was dropped in favour of mature-age rookie Ash Johnson - and a so-so contract offer played a part in his decision to request a trade after two years and 25 game with the Magpies.

“To be honest it was never about money, that wouldn‘t be who I am if I did something like that,” he said.

“It was something that I had in the back of my mind for a while. But while I was there I was still focused on playing goodfooty and enjoying my time with my friends over at Collingwood.

“I loved it and it was a great time but this sat in the back of my mind and then once everything settled after the season it was time to action it.”

Henry posted a thankyou message to Collingwood on Instagram and knows there will be plenty who won‘t understand his decision.He’s already got a taste of that, running into plenty of Pies fans on a recent holiday to Bali.

“It was something that I wanted people to know that I respected everyone there, this wasn‘t a choice out of spite it was a choice out of something I really wanted to do,” he said.

“I really loved the opportunity (at Collingwood) and I was grateful for it and that‘s the stuff I wanted to present to the people who might not have known the situation. I understand they probably might see it differently to me but that’s just somethingI had to deal with in making this choice.”

Basically a confirmation that he never bought into Collingwood from the get-go and was likely trying to orchestrate an escape from the moment he was drafted.View attachment 1563680
yeah pretty much. Like he never intended to stay.

This is the end, I think we have talked about him enough. Wipe our hands and we'd rather enjoy players that want to be here for the long haul.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back