Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are talking about who I think you are, it would be remiss to not add that he also had 26 possessions, polled a brownlow vote and has had the clear #1 debut game since 2010 according to afl ratings…. Also that he is probably the only player in the afl era to have had two senior coaches without afl experience…
No. That's not him whoever your stats were about.

I wonder if he is having 2nd thoughts about moving now, he is a talented player and we would have liked him to stay but he made his choice and he may regret it for a few years because as we can see we are on the improve and they are going backwards at an alarming rate, I am really impressed by our 3 young recruits plus Richards looks alright also but I am not sure where we can play him ATM, good times ahead for us but Ollie looks like he has missed the boat but he will get to play with his brother. If he had a crystal ball I wonder if he would have chosen them over us now but he has burnt his bridges at the Pies.

I wonder if he is having 2nd thoughts about moving now, he is a talented player and we would have liked him to stay but he made his choice and he may regret it for a few years because as we can see we are on the improve and they are going backwards at an alarming rate, I am really impressed by our 3 young recruits plus Richards looks alright also but I am not sure where we can play him ATM, good times ahead for us but Ollie looks like he has missed the boat but he will get to play with his brother. If he had a crystal ball I wonder if he would have chosen them over us now but he has burnt his bridges at the Pies.

Too early for that, only three games in. He has a lifetime of regret to look forward to yet 😀😀😀

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward pressure and overall run has been an issue for them. When you have Rohan as a sub and Henry playing, then there's one obvious lever to pull. It's a problem for Henry that he's a medium who plays like a KPP.

He plays like a 200cm tall forward with the body of a light framed medium forward, I think he ends up a solid defender in time (Sicily should be the target).

Essentially dug his hole to move nowhere else also since he wanted to go home. Surely for a career wise move he should have stuck at the pies for at least another year. To prolong his career.

Essentially dug his hole to move nowhere else also since he wanted to go home. Surely for a career wise move he should have stuck at the pies for at least another year. To prolong his career.
Who would he be playing ahead of in the Collingwood forward line? He may have made the correct decision for future opportunities.

Last edited:
Forward pressure and overall run has been an issue for them. When you have Rohan as a sub and Henry playing, then there's one obvious lever to pull. It's a problem for Henry that he's a medium who plays like a KPP.
He was never going to make their (or our) team significantly better this year. I was surprised he was getting a game with their other forwards to start the year. He's not yet got the game to slot into any of the roles that made their forward line so good last year and I don't see where he'd fit in for us. Needs to round off his game or move to defence.

Really don’t think this thread needs to be bumped every week. Ollie wouldn’t be in our best side this year anyway. He’s a fine talent but as a third tall, Johnson offers more point of difference. He’ll have a solid career at Geelong, and Johnson will have a good career with us.

Who would he be playing ahead of in the Collingwood forward line? He may have made the correct decision for future opportunities.

For someone so young he should have been cracking the team and making it his spot. He wasnt exactly out of the picture completely until he made murmurings of moving. I mean you only have to look at Ginni being out and us having no rucks so McStay could have gone in to ruck. He could have slotted in to the team already.

If his mentality was the "easier route", which is baffling as Geelong have a history of not playing kids. i think he has shot himself in the foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back