Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

gee i wonder what amount and length of contract we should sign ollie to.....

$5 million over 1,000,000 years. It’s time our list managers got creative with the cap.

We are so desperate for young talent we are seeing something more than there is with Henry. He is clearly excellent overhead and has an x factor about him. He has a lot to prove, he is not getting the best defender and teams will start to work on him physically given the way he can fly. I've been rapt that he has been ironing out the fumbles, which were really poor early on and that he can kick goals. All clubs can do with those players. Reminds me more of a Fritsch type than anyone else.

Plenty to prove. Not a superstar yet.

We are so desperate for young talent we are seeing something more than there is with Henry. He is clearly excellent overhead and has an x factor about him. He has a lot to prove, he is not getting the best defender and teams will start to work on him physically given the way he can fly. I've been rapt that he has been ironing out the fumbles, which were really poor early on and that he can kick goals. All clubs can do with those players. Reminds me more of a Fritsch type than anyone else.

Plenty to prove. Not a superstar yet.
He's 19..

He has a long way to go, even with development. Even he isn't a key forward (we are forced to play him as one right now) he shouldn't get the best key defender, given he is only 189cm. lol

Nobody said he was a superstar, but has star qualities. Will be a very good player for us for a long time.

Once he has support around him, he'll end up being the 3rd tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the coaches will talk to him about his laziness when the ball isn't kicked to his advantage. Just hangs out the back a bit too much hoping for the ball to spill out without even contesting his opponent.

Still took his chance which is good

I think the coaches will talk to him about his laziness when the ball isn't kicked to his advantage. Just hangs out the back a bit too much hoping for the ball to spill out without even contesting his opponent.

Still took his chance which is good
I dont understand why he even does this, his strength is hitting up the ball carrier.

We got Henry for the Treloar pick correct?

As gut wrenching as it was at the time, there’s no way I’d walk that back.

Kid is a superstar, not to mention the savings in salary cap.

He’s got more tricks than Jack Gunston, and will be a better player too IMO.

Big call I know but I love what I see in Henry.

people need to go back and watch the mark he took on the wing about 1:30 into the 3rd quarter. Wowwwww.

Also, only Charlie Cameron (in that small / medium forward role) has taken more I50 marks than Ollie - who’s been dropped a few times.

people need to go back and watch the mark he took on the wing about 1:30 into the 3rd quarter. Wowwwww.

Also, only Charlie Cameron (in that small / medium forward role) has taken more I50 marks than Ollie - who’s been dropped a few times.

Ollie had been playing the key forward role in recent weeks.

Completely undersized, Blair style.

Once we have a proper key forward. Ollie won't have to play as the undersized key forward. Will be so much better when he has more support around him and he can play as that third tall.
But he is doing one heck of a job in the role he is playing at the moment.

Just watching the replay for the bits of the game i missed, and saw the way he came over the top of the Demons defender when J Daics kicked it to 20 m out from our goal with 5 mins left in the game.
A great percentage play - he realised he was getting to the contest late, and the Demons player had the box seat, so instead of trying to outmark him Ollie put all his effort into slapping it forward to the ground. Pies gathered and through Lippa got it to Checkers for the goal.

Great team moment. Well done Ollie.

Yes, that was a great mark! Then he hit the ground running, wheeled around and found Billy inside 50.
He had a quiet game & didn't get a lot of touches, but what he did was quality.

Looks like he is pretty happy after all. No interest in leaving.

OLLIE HENRY

Park Jordan De Goey right now, following the events of the past week. Henry looms as a key signature for Collingwood in the coming months. Giants youngster Tanner Bruhn is the only player drafted before the 2020 No.17 pick who is yet to extend beyond his initial two-year deal. Talks are now progressing between the Magpies and Henry's management following an eye-catching patch for the 19-year-old. Henry has kicked 10 goals from the past four games, including four goals in the wet against Fremantle and three in the win over Carlton. The Geelong boy is keen to remain at the AIA Centre and is likely to sign a two-year deal before the end of the season. – Josh Gabelich

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back