Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldve been in conversations of one of the best small forwards. Alongside Betts and Milne
Injury took him out of that conversation, not the lack of a genuine full forward in the team.

No but as Mihocek Elliott Cox and WHE get nearer to the end of their careers than the start, there’s definitely potential in the medium term , or earlier should we lose any of them to injury.
Or Covid protocols…which is a possibility over the next 2 months or so.

Back to the sub bench next week?….. although he better bring a blanket. Collingwood have had an amazing run this year with not needing to use the sub..

Not sure if there’s a time on ground stat for players subbed on this year but I’d imagine Collingwood would sit 18th on that table with fewest minutes required.

Who comes out of the forward line?
I'd try it and maybe give Ginnivan a rest. I think he has now developed a bit of a habit of not staying on his feet and not getting the ball out first.
Talented kid, but some footage was shown whereby there were a few opportunities he could have given the ball off to players near goal in great positions, but because his first reaction was to go low, he missed them.

Maybe he just needs a week in the VFL to focus back on playing footy first.

I'd try it and maybe give Ginnivan a rest. I think he has now developed a bit of a habit of not staying on his feet and not getting the ball out first.
Talented kid, but some footage was shown whereby there were a few opportunities he could have given the ball off to players near goal in great positions, but because his first reaction was to go low, he missed them.

A rest could do him some good soreness-wise too. Easy to forget he's still 19, and has played a lot of footy this year. Could do with that, but only if Fly thinks it would do Jack some good.

I don't think our coaches want to make too many changes with the senior guys we've got coming back over the next couple of weeks.

Along with Nick this guy in the future, they are the two absolute standout young talents on the list, he's simply too good to be playing in the VFL. Johnson played well so I'm not sure what position he takes but we need to get him back in the real stuff.

I'm glad it's not my job to pick the team this week, whoever misses out is going to be stiff!

Not this week, he kicked 5 last time we played the Bombers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on how good Johnson is at applying pressure and at ground level, too early to tell imo

That is 1 of the Biggest Knocks on Henry is him Applying Defensive Pressure

I reckon it's his defensive issues at AFL level keeping him out, not the goal kicking.

Agreed, the “how are you contributing when you don’t have the ball?” chestnut.

I know Pies reluctance to pay a player ( lesson learnt ) on some flashy moments and potential- so offer is good but down on what Cats potentially offering ( so I’m told ) we’ll see I guess.

Personally he gets 2-3 years from us at a reasonable price only (250kish)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd have thought he wouldn't be on much less than $250k this year as a 2nd year 1st round draftee with AFL dictated minimums and match payments. Why would he sign on for another 3 years at that?

I'd have thought much closer to the league average for 2 years which would give him the chance to establish himself and make the case for a bigger payday down the track.

EDIT: Just checked, he's on $115k + $5k a senior game. That has him at $195k, + at least $6k in bonuses, + his VFL earnings which I assume is another $16-20k, and he still has time to add to that substantially.

Last edited:
I'd have thought he wouldn't be on much less than $250k this year as a 2nd year 1st round draftee with AFL dictated minimums and match payments. Why would he sign on for another 3 years at that?

I'd have thought much closer to the league average for 2 years which would give him the chance to establish himself and make the case for a bigger payday down the track.
Also, I'd love to sign him for 3 years; but his manager will advise 2 years; because imagine how good he'll be in the next 2 years, and it will only drive his price up for his next contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back