Coach Operation Get Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

When was the last time a premiership or grand final coach went on to coach a premiership at another club? Was it Malthouse at Collingwood? Doesn't seem to happen very often - at least in the AFL era. Blight was another. Seem to be a few who never taste success at a second club. Could it be that time has passed him by?
Without looking at the stats I'd say it happens a higher percentage of the time than brand new coaches winning flags.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond folk talking about Josh Carr as a candidate for them.. they didn't know who he was this time yesterday

Post 6606 on this thread is probably crap, but I thought it was worth a mention:

Did this actually happen though?

Richo and Walsh were never given the credit they deserved, Hinkley got all the credit and everyone wanted to keep him in 2015.

Not sure I agree. Richo got so much credit he got a job at the end of the season. Walsh got so much credit he got a job at the end of that season too.

Not sure I agree. Richo got so much credit he got a job at the end of the season. Walsh got so much credit he got a job at the end of that season too.
Yep but Im talking about fans. I could be wrong but all I remember from that time is how good Ken was and if any other coach got a look in it was Burgo

Which is actually a really interesting point. The football world, via the administration of Adelaide and St Kilda, gave them the credit they deserved right from the start.

He was actually kinda lucky. Almost sacked after several years of sameold lower eight finishes. They stuck with him and they won their first premiership the year after. How much of their success after that was due to him?

I'd rather give Carr a go. I have a sinking feeling we are going to be stuck with Hinckley for a while longer.

He was actually kinda lucky. Almost sacked after several years of sameold lower eight finishes. They stuck with him and they won their first premiership the year after. How much of their success after that was due to him?

I'd rather give Carr a go. I have a sinking feeling we are going to be stuck with Hinckley for a while longer.
Are we really questioning triple premiership coaches ability, I mean don't get me wrong I'm not sure if he is burnt out and needs a break, I'm also not sure our club is doing the right thing and giving carr his apprenticeship under the cover of darkness.

What I do know is Dimma is a damn fine coach and we could do a whole lot worse.

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say a fair bit had to do with him, people forget they sacked guys like Choco at the end of 2016 & Damien changed his approach after a fair bit of self-reflection.

That being said I'm in the Carr.

From the scandals and rumours board. Probably BS but it's the good kind of BS.

"Spoke to one of the top dogs at my work this morning. He had lunch at Gather Round with some higher ups in clubland and heard then that Hardwick would be at Port Adelaide next year. None of those with Richmond denied it and instead stayed silent."

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really hope Leppitsch gets another gig elsewhere

His time at Brisbane was like excepting the eagles now but with half of the resources

Horrible gig for a rookie coach and he has done some great apprenticeships since

Nothing. History shows the guy usually spouts his mouth off and then does the complete opposite.
Gets answered a question thats pretty on topic with news as his role in the media and gives an answer thats 100% on percent on message

Cant see anything wrong with that

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Operation Get Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back